Author Topic: What's this life for?  (Read 695 times)

Offline CrossoverManiac

• Full
What's this life for?
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »
It's a question that has popped up in my head from time to time since I became more receptive of the idea of the salvation of all.  If all men will be saved irregardless of the choices we make in this life, what is the point of this life in the first place?  I don't say this about living a good Christ-like life, but the very existence of the state of physical being itself.  Why are we born into this world when our destinies are already decided in the next?

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
Re: What's this life for?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:51:25 AM »
Because God is a life giving Spirit, so it is part of His nature to create.  My feeling right now about why we are born into this, is to come to the knowledge of good and evil, and to see as God sees, so that when we are all in all, we will all be able to have a nice movie of all history to download onto our mind/heart, feeling what has happened, so that nobody chooses evil.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:59:02 AM »

Amen.
We must all choose the cross.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:02:07 AM »
It's a question that has popped up in my head from time to time since I became more receptive of the idea of the salvation of all.  If all men will be saved irregardless of the choices we make in this life, what is the point of this life in the first place?  I don't say this about living a good Christ-like life, but the very existence of the state of physical being itself.  Why are we born into this world when our destinies are already decided in the next?

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim (God) has given to the sons of humanity (You) to humble them by it.

It would appear we all need this experience of evil...  to become the new creation we will all become in Christ!  :2c:

Paul

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:07:13 AM »
The book of Ephesians chapter one speaks of God's ultimate plan.

Sometimes, the pride of life considers creation for itself, however; Ephesians 1:5 tells us differently.

"He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with HIS PLEASURE and will."

This trip were on is not all about us it's all about HIM.

We are made for His good pleasure!

In that I delight.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »

Amen, Paul.

Humility rules the Kingdom.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 05:26:10 AM »
1Co 11:31  If, however, we estimated ourselves aright, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32  But when we are judged by the Lord, chastisement follows, to save us from being condemned along with the world.

Chastise  G3811 paideuō
Thayer Definition:
1) to train children
1a) to be instructed or taught or learn
1b) to cause one to learn
2) to chastise
2a) to chastise or castigate with words, to correct
2a1) of those who are moulding the character of others by reproof and admonition
2b) of God
2b1) to chasten by the affliction of evils and calamities
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.