Author Topic: Was Jesus the First to Raise From the Dead???  (Read 4568 times)

HartleyDamboiseII

Was Jesus the First to Raise From the Dead???
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
This is why I have had such a had time understanding the following.

Was these Persons temporarily raised???

Mat 17:1  And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:3  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
Mat 17:4  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Posted by Lee Damboise II

lee100

Re: Was Jesus the First to Raise From the Dead???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
-

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »
 :cloud9: Because they were the ones to whom it was given, to sit on His right hand and His left. When they disappeared, it was because they went back into the "new" Ark of the Covenant that Christ the Spirit, IS, and always has been. Moses/tablets of the law, Elijah/rod that budded. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
Thanks , Lee Damboise II

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:21:50 PM »
I am not trying to be wise, I really want to know, Was Jesus the first to rise from the dead, i.e. Eternal life?

I was taught that it was all possable because The Christ of God made this possable through what His Son DID, that before that no one "could" rise from the dead.

Any help explaining this story of Life Before Jesus rose ???

Lee Damboise II

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
Could be totally wrong again but Jesus was not the first one to rise from the death.
Lazarus rose earlier. But died again.
But Jesus was the first that rose from the dead and still lives.

Just my 2 euro cents. :2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline chuckt

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »
Yeshua was the first to put on immortality.

AND:

1Cr 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept. 

chuckt

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »
So how did those two others appear with Jesus in or at His Transfiguration??

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:51 PM »
So how did those two others appear with Jesus in or at His Transfiguration??

"What did Peter, James and John see on that mount? There was the blessed Lord Jesus, with Moses and Elijah, the type of two things - the law and the prophets. There you have two men - the greatest of all lawgivers, and one who epitomizes in the most splendid manner all that the prophetic mantle embodies. And in the presence of these the heavenly Father gives all glory and honor unto His Son with the command to the disciples: "Hear ye Him." HEAR HIM! When the disciples heard it they fell on their faces, seized by alarm and struck with terrifying fear. All their life times they had been instructed to give the utmost respect and unfailing obedience to every sacred word of Moses and the prophets. But Jesus came and touched them, and said, Get up, and do not be afraid. And when they raised their eyes they saw no man but Jesus only. The message is clear - the law and the prophets have forever passed away, and today there is just THE VOICE OF THE SON OF GOD. "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Rev. 19:10). This the voice of the Son of God, the indwelling testimony of Jesus, the inward illumination of the Christ within as the spirit of prophecy, IS THE MORE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY WHICH WE HAVE."
                                                                                                                                      Preston Eby
                                                                                                                                         Looking For His Appearing, Part 16

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »
Yes, I have that whole set, but it did nothing to answer if any person was raised to any kind of life before Jesus.

Did he make it possible for all to rise or not...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
NO one before Jesus!
They all died.
He laid down and took up His own Life.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
So who and how was those dead profits risen, ???

And AIUI( As I understand it ), The Father Raised His Son From the dead, not Jesus raised himself.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »
Amplified Bible (AMP)

John 10:

17 For this [reason] the Father loves Me, because I lay down My [own] life--to take it back again.

18 No one takes it away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily. [I put it from Myself.] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:42 PM »
That's the beauty of it!

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:59 PM »
Are you running for office here?

I would still like to know if any one has a real answer

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »
So who and how was those dead profits risen, ???

And AIUI( As I understand it ), The Father Raised His Son From the dead, not Jesus raised himself.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

So Jesus raised Himself unless someone was speaking through Him.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »
Are you running for office here?

I would still like to know if any one has a real answer

Revelation 1:
5 And from Jesus Christ the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead [first to be brought back to life] and the Prince (Ruler) of the kings of the earth. To Him Who [g]ever loves us and has [h]once [for all] loosed and freed us from our sins by His own blood

My opinion is that it was their appearance that was there, not their bodies.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 11:25:47 PM »
okay thanks

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 11:32:32 PM »
 :cloud9: Lee D........He's the God of the living and not the dead; all are alive IN Him, who IS (the Spirit) the 7th day, the sabbath, the resurrection and the life. What they saw was the finished work that was from the foundation of the world, ie. they saw into Spirit in which there is no time but NOW.

What I'm going to say here next is hard to grasp but..........if you follow this train of thought, then who we really are, has NEVER left Him, NEVER not been one with Him and with each other, NEVER. But rather we (as spirit) were lowered into this bondage of corruption (the flesh realm) to EXPERIENCE that which we have NEVER known, ie. separation, brokenness (not whole in Him as we WERE from the foundation of the world).

Also, what they saw was the completion of the Passover Seder ("ie. last supper"); Moses/bread/word and Elijah/wine/Spirit. True communion is partaking of the word/bread in the light of the candlestick/wine, to do this in remembrance of or to re-member ie. form His (glorified) body. Stopping here........Blessings...

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Online Seth

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »
This is why I have had such a had time understanding the following.

Was these Persons temporarily raised???

Mat 17:1  And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:3  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
Mat 17:4  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Posted by Lee Damboise II

I don't believe they were raised. Jesus told them not to share this "vision" with anyone else when they saw it.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
Wonderful Cardinal!  Just Wonderful!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »
Just the other day I was carefully explaining to someone that we, like Jesus, agreed to leave the heavens.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
So there floating spirits, What ???

No really, I am still very confused as to if they were the something of the Moses etc. we read about?? if so, what were they if not risen Spirits!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
 :cloud9: Yes we did, Beloved Servant; I know from Him giving me a dream/vision of remembrance, that truly we were lowered not willingly (at least at first), but subjected us in hope, ie. Christ in us, the hope of glory. He has always been in us, but the darkness comprehended not the light, until He chose to reveal His light in us. Father, we give You praise, this day. Blessings....

Tim B

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »
:cloud9: Lee D........He's the God of the living and not the dead; all are alive IN Him, who IS (the Spirit) the 7th day, the sabbath, the resurrection and the life. What they saw was the finished work that was from the foundation of the world, ie. they saw into Spirit in which there is no time but NOW.

What I'm going to say here next is hard to grasp but..........if you follow this train of thought, then who we really are, has NEVER left Him, NEVER not been one with Him and with each other, NEVER. But rather we (as spirit) were lowered into this bondage of corruption (the flesh realm) to EXPERIENCE that which we have NEVER known, ie. separation, brokenness (not whole in Him as we WERE from the foundation of the world).

Also, what they saw was the completion of the Passover Seder ("ie. last supper"); Moses/bread/word and Elijah/wine/Spirit. True communion is partaking of the word/bread in the light of the candlestick/wine, to do this in remembrance of or to re-member ie. form His (glorified) body. Stopping here........Blessings...

I like this idea Cardinal. Do you think this is possibly why Jesus said "Do you not know that you are gods" and what is spoken of as the "restitution of all things" (that is, the bringing back to a former state; and more specifically, bringing all back to their former state IN God)?