Author Topic: Two questions, could someone give some light?  (Read 2533 times)

Mixer

Two questions, could someone give some light?
« on: September 19, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
Hello,

I need some good answers for these:

1) Is this the only day of salvation, or what is meant by:

Heb. 3:13 but exhort ye one another every day, while the To-day is called, that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of the sin,

Heb. 4:7 again He doth limit a certain day, `To-day,' (in David saying, after so long a time,) as it hath been said, `To-day, if His voice ye may hear, ye may not harden your hearts,'

While today is called?

Isa. 55:6 Seek ye Jehovah, while He is found, Call ye Him, while He is near,

While He is found?

Matt. 25:12-13

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13`Watch therefore, for ye have not known the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man doth come.

I know you not?

2) How do I prove that fires of Gehenna aren't endless?

Please give me good answers! Help me out of here.

Offline Redlettervoice

Re: Two questions, could someone give some light?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
Hello,

I need some good answers for these:

Hi Mixer, will "try" ........but all I can say is what has been made known in "my" life, ok?'
If God is calling one, I think they would KNOW it, you can't come unless He does, He draws, we run
after HIM, as Song of Songs says.  When we hear His Voice, we respond.  The DAY of Salvation is LIGHT,
meaning understanding, Light means Understanding, and the entrance of thy words giveth LIGHT!
Every time that God speaks to us, and adds to our understanding, is like the DAY to me.  Not dark.
God is not limited in how many times He will speak to you, but we study to show ourselves approved of
God, a workman that needs to not be ashamed, but our goal is to HEAR "HIM" ......not just thru the Bible,
but thru the Spirit that wrote or inspired the Bible.  If the world wrote all His words to all of us, the world
would not contain them! "

Heb. 3:13 but exhort ye one another every day, while the To-day is called, that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of the sin,

Yes Sin is a "deceiver."

It deceives us into NOT believing what the BOOK tells us about God and what His Son has done for us!
Heb. 4:7 again He doth limit a certain day, `To-day,' (in David saying, after so long a time,) as it hath been said, `To-day, if His voice ye may hear, ye may not harden your hearts,'

Here He is referring the our Sabbath day of REST, He works on us til we have a Sabbath! ha
We work at believing.....I always did think that was strange wording "Labour to rest!" ha there is Hebrews
but our labour is to "believe" and the more we get His word in us, the more we "do" believe, thus we
rest in the finished work because God prepared a Sabbath for us, not us for the Sabbath!"

While today is called?

While you can "hear" HIM by the Spirit! When you KNOW He is near YOU! Respond then!

While He is found?

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13`Watch therefore, for ye have not known the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man doth come.
I personally believe He comes to each one of us when our course is finshed, like Paul talked about.
This journey is personal..........to me. Known to God ..........and we are learning it.

I know you not?

He is saying He does NOT "know" meaning have an intimate one on one relationship with some
things.  He does not know what is not like HIM.......your Spirit is like HIM, already fashioned in His likeness,
raised with Jesus, but for you to find that out, he has a PLACE talked of in Job 28 where that gold is fined.
No fowl would choose it. No, not one. For it is taking up our cross and denying ourselves that we might]
find that great pearl of great price, HIM who is hidden in our hearts."

Please give me good answers! Help me out of here.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:15:42 PM by SeekerSA »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:17:41 PM »

need some good answers for these:

While today is called?

While He is found?

I know you not?

Hi Mixer.

Yes TO-DAY is the only DAY of Salvation.

Some look at TODAY meaning a literal DAY..be it a Monday , Tuesday Wednesday etc..

But this is for mine to be interpreted as A WHO?

This DAY( TO-DAY) is CHRISTas salvation can ONLY be found thro HIM.

He is THE DAY of our Salvation

Luk 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.  

ALL those In Christ are called..the CHILDREN of " THE DAY."

1Th 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

That DAY will come to all.....He who WAS IS and shall BE...

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

1Cr 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Our hearts and Minds are RENEWED by HIm who gives the ears to hear HIS VOICE.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

At least for now..that how I understand this to be.

Christ is THE DAY of our Salvation.
Blessings
Taffy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 06:48:21 PM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »
I agree with Taffy on the Day of Salvation. It is referring to Jesus, He is the Resurrection and the Life, He is also the Day of Salvation.

Well, if you think Gehenna is a literal place, just show them pictures of the valley, ther is no fire there.

However, Gehenna is not a place nor is it a thing, it is a Judgment which came out of the Valley of Ben Hinnom that literally, there is no salvation other than in Christ Jesus. It is the judgment which cut off Israel, and replaced the Old Covenant with a better one. So the fires of Gehenna are endless, there is no other way to the Father but through Jesus and the Old Covenant is not returning.

So on one hand if you think it is a place, it is easy to show the fires are out.
On the other hand, you can't prove the fires of Gehenna are not endless, when this judgment never ends because God will be all in all and that is all because of the Son of God.

In order to undertand Gehenna, you need to go back to where it was mentioned. It is Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom. Study it and show them why it was important, and why Jesus spoke of it plenty.

Offline AJ

• Snr
    • Jesus the Light of the World
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:45:18 PM »
Is Today the Only Day of Salvation? - by Ken Allen, D.D.
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/today.html

====================================================

Now is the Day by Obaseyi Ministries

http://www.geocities.com/athens/cyprus/3151/newfiles/xxnowistheday.html

====================================================

The views of numerous other authors:

http://p199.ezboard.com/fjesusthelightoftheworldfrm84
"Pretty soon, everybody will get what they deserve, which is ..."Salvation"..."Reconciliation"..."Restitution"..."Restoration"..."Immortality"... and "Incorruption" --- now ain't that the coolest thing?

vagabond

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
An excellent answer on the "Today" question Taffy. :thumbsup:

Even the very word compliments your answer: Today is capitalized making it a "proper noun". Just as in Genesis chapter one when god calls the light Day and the darkness he call Night.

And an excellent answer from craig on the fires of Gehenna! :thumbsup:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:49:07 AM »
Hi Vagabond. :icon_flower:

Yes For mine Christ is THE DAY of Salvation :icon_flower:.

but FOR mine IF I may add...He is also the THIRD Day..The FIRST  Day..the LAST Day..the Eighth Day , The Sabbath Day...

heres for mine just the tip... :icon_flower:

Exd 19:11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.

Exd 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that [was] in the camp trembled

Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify [him]: and the third day he shall rise again.

Scripture often Hides the SECOND witness.

Luk 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

and for sure this isnt written just to add to scripture....

Jhn 2:1  And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

Jhn 2:2  And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

Jhn 2:3  And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Jhn 2:4  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come

Blessings
Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Kept

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 05:49:33 AM »
Wow what a beautiful thread!

I love Jesus Christ as Today! Thats what I see too and it just means so much as He is the same , yesterday, today and forever!!

kept