Author Topic: TV (Christian)preacher announces Jesus was NOT the messiah.  (Read 1184 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
TV (Christian)preacher announces Jesus was NOT the messiah.
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:00:56 PM »
Some of you may be familiar with TV preacher John Hagee, if not directly, then through the writings of L. Ray Smith.
Hagee is one of the most visible and vocal proponents of Eternal Torture.

Losing popularity, Hagee is trying to raise money by selling his new book. Hagee brags we will be shocked and amazed to find out Jesus was not the messiah and never claimed to be.

I found this clip from a video called, "The New World Order-secret societies and biblical prophecy." I'm not suggesting you watch the almost 2 and 1/2 hour video. I am suggesting you watch a 45 second clip from it that begins at 2:11:54 and ends at 2:12:39. - How sad a person in his position. (A christian minister that denies Jesus as messiah)
Here's the website address on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL6v8nzFiUk&feature=related

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:11:13 PM by ded2daworld »
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: TV (Christian)preacher announces Jesus was NOT the messiah.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »
I though "John Hagee" when I saw the thread title.  Sad, that his hunger for the approval of the Jews has led him to deny Jesus, to become an apostate.  You don't get to be a TV preacher without that approval.  His ET position is almost beside the point.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »
I guess my point was, "Why trust what John Hagee says about ET?" because he is very outspoken about that also. :Peace2:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »
This man always trumpets Jesus as our saviour.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:24 PM »
How can Jesus be the saviour and NOT the messiah??
Is it because he is only the saviour of some to Hagee?
I thought the clip was pretty clear but he may differentiate in some way between saviour and messiah. :dontknow:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »
I guess my point was, "Why trust what John Hagee says about ET?" because he is very outspoken about that also. :Peace2:

Maybe I cut things finer than some folks, but I see where you are coming from - if Hagee has the wrong position on ET/ED/UR, then he may just be wrong elsewhere.  :Chinscratch:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:45 AM »
 Ina roundabout way. I meant that since he is obviously wrong thinking Jesus is NOT the messiah then you should at least consider he might also be wrong about ET.

By the way thinktank, your signature http://mercifultruth.com/ is a "website favorite" of mine. Great stuff.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:50:59 AM by ded2daworld »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:44:10 AM »
that's Seth's site.   He's a member here, has just taken some time off..I correspond with him from time to time of facebook
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:08:15 AM »
that's Seth's site.   He's a member here, has just taken some time off..I correspond with him from time to time of facebook

I thought he passed away.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »
Maybe that was L.Ray Smith you were thinking of?  His site is bibletruths.com - pretty close names.

Seth's alive and kicking, living in California with his wife and little girl.  He's somewhere around 30 years old I would guess..

http://tentmaker.org/forum/apologetic-support/accusations-of-ur-beliefs-just-because-we-do-not-like-the-doctrine-of-hell/msg99515/#msg99515

http://tentmaker.org/forum/profile/Seth/
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

goodreport

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:28 AM »
Maybe that was L.Ray Smith you were thinking of?  His site is bibletruths.com - pretty close names.

Seth's alive and kicking, living in California with his wife and little girl.  He's somewhere around 30 years old I would guess..

http://tentmaker.org/forum/apologetic-support/accusations-of-ur-beliefs-just-because-we-do-not-like-the-doctrine-of-hell/msg99515/#msg99515

http://tentmaker.org/forum/profile/Seth/

Thanks... I've been wondering about that Seth... I didn't realize he was so young.  Thanks for the link... I checked it... it going to be such fun rereading/recalling those days...  I saw another name that I haven't seen here at TM for quite some time-- Paul Hazelwood...  Well, I will take a few minutes each day to read the many, many posts.  Again, thanks.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »
Yeah, he's pretty young.  I'd guess 29-32 range.  Lots of knowledge and insight for such a youngster.  You're welcome.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:11 AM »
I though "John Hagee" when I saw the thread title.  Sad, that his hunger for the approval of the Jews has led him to deny Jesus, to become an apostate.  You don't get to be a TV preacher without that approval.  His ET position is almost beside the point.

:thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 03:39:58 AM »
Sadly L.Ray Smith passed on.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.