Author Topic: Truth?  (Read 5440 times)

Michele

Truth?
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
I'm curious about others thoughts on this subject -- What is TRUTH?

Now if you answer that Christ is truth-- What does that mean to you personally?

How does one know that a certain thought they have is Truth?

What are the indicators for each of you?

Is it a feeling, an inner knowing or something that you compare with what you previously learned.  How do each of you personally decide if something is True or False in regards to religious issues.  Some would say that it must be logical or must be common sense.

Any thoughts??
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:54:22 PM by StainedGlass »

Offline Kratos

Re: Truth?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »
Truth is a Person and all that comes from Him is Truth. Flesh and blood can discern and reason all kinds of mixtures of truth and error, but His words are spirit and life. I will study and ask God for wisdom on a subject, but I only have my opinions until He comes and speaks. It is important to not judge a matter before its time because when Jesus comes, He will judge between truth and error. When He speaks a rhema word to me, it is the end of all contraversy because I then have the truth which was not given by flesh and blood.

Discerning between soul and spirit is the key in my understanding (Heb. 4:12). If it began in my soul (mind, will, and emotions) it is guarenteed to be good seed mixed with tares. But, if it is breathed into my spirit from the One who is the Truth, I can build my life on that because Satan cannot touch my spirit man.
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »
Interesting question...   :icon_flower:
My husband and I were just talking about
this subject this morning- in a way.

For me- the only Truth I know is Jesus.
He is the only "thing" I've never changed my mind about.
I don't know if anything else is true.
He's it!  And He is all that matters to me.
It might be interesting to discuss lots of other things
but I don't know if they are true or not. 
Maybe some day I will be able to say that I know the truth
about a lot of things but I don't now.
And I'm okay with that.
I can't change it.
 :HeartThrob:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Michele

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 08:22:22 PM »
Great points Kratos and Hopeful!  :icon_flower:

You both agree that Jesus Christ is Truth!

.....and does that mean that a spirit of love and unity is the only real truth?

GraceFull

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »
Truth is a Person and all that comes from Him is Truth. Flesh and blood can discern and reason all kinds of mixtures of truth and error, but His words are spirit and life. I will study and ask God for wisdom on a subject, but I only have my opinions until He comes and speaks. It is important to not judge a matter before its time because when Jesus comes, He will judge between truth and error. When He speaks a rhema word to me, it is the end of all contraversy because I then have the truth which was not given by flesh and blood.

Discerning between soul and spirit is the key in my understanding (Heb. 4:12). If it began in my soul (mind, will, and emotions) it is guarenteed to be good seed mixed with tares. But, if it is breathed into my spirit from the One who is the Truth, I can build my life on that because Satan cannot touch my spirit man.

:happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap:

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »
Love and unity...  Sounds good to me, sis.   :HeartThrob:
Reminds me of other words like:
Living Bread
Life
Living waters
Light
And joy unspeakable

:flowerred:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

vagabond

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 02:27:21 AM »
Let me first say what truth "IS NOT": truth is not an accumulation of the facts as says the dictionary! Truth can only exist in the "moment" that it's happening, example:

Start clapping your hands together, can you hear the noise and feel the sting as you clap? "AS" you clap, hear the noise and feel the sting, you are "TRULY" clapping your hands. Now stop! Did you just clap your hands? Did you hear the noise? Did it have a stinging effect? How do you know? Suddenly you have to rely on "facts" to conclude that you "know" that you were just clapping your hands. However "facts" can be wrong, no matter how substancial the evidence may seem! they are still just the facts. Start clapping your hands again, can you hear the noise? Can you feel the sting? As long as you are in the "I AM" mode you are in the TRUTH! Anything before or after is, at best, only the FACTS.

Now let's go one step further:
1. The things which are seen are made by the things which are not seen.
2. The things which are not seen can only be seen by "faith".
3. We, all our surroundings and familiarities are only a reflection of things which "were" in the unseen realm.
4. God only exists in the "I AM" realm, in the "MOMENT". If we rely on a reflection to determine where God is, we can "NEVER" be in the "TRUTH".
5. The TRUTH is always in the MOMENT, it never changes from being in the MOMENT, however, the facts about the TRUTH will always change and will NEVER be.... the TRUTH!
6. Trying to find the TRUTH by searching the facts of history and guessing about the future will NEVER be a success. Because the TRUTH is only found in the MOMENT it "IS" happening.
7. TIME is the god of this realm, a realm which God and his children are not subject too, for they are in the TRUTH. And those which are subject to TIME can never find the TRUTH!

.......or something like that  :dontknow:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:25:38 PM »

Is it a feeling, an inner knowing or something that you compare with what you previously learned.  How do each of you personally decide if something is True or False in regards to religious issues.  Some would say that it must be logical or must be common sense.

Any thoughts??

Hi SG...

why do some get BLOWN AWAY by every WIND( Spirit) of Doctrine?

isnt Christ the CONTEXT of scripture...does it NOT TESTIFY to Him..

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The Jews themselves had a semblance OF Knowledge and TRUTH Being FOUND in the LAW.

Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

BUT they did Know the SPIRITUAL Truth of scripture

t 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.( Christ is the Power AND WISDOM of God )

1Cr 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,

Christ is TRUTH , Salvation is ONLY found IN HIM.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Those who cling\clung TO the law DENIED THE TRUTH

As most know..The law was But a shadow of the Reality which was to follow....the LAW was our TUTOR to TRUTH.

Why dosomel LOOK for head Knowledge  AS to satisfy our Carnal Minds to HAVING TRUTH.

The TRUTH is a WHO!...He BEING the SUM of ALL TRUTH.

SO WHAT ARE we led( I WILL LEAD TO YOU TO ALL TRUTH) towards..for mine COMING to KNOW this TRUTH( CHRIST) from WITHIN!

Has it not occurred when such words were spoken about Being BLOWN away..it just might to early converts who still were indoctrinated in the LAW of their fathers?..Falling from Grace back to LAW for Salvation!

Therefore how can we LOSE this Truth from within?....

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

CHRIST IS ALL THINGS!

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

That for mine IS TRUTH
Blessings Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Michele

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »

Any thoughts??

Hi SG...

why do some get BLOWN AWAY by every WIND( Spirit) of Doctrine?

isnt Christ the CONTEXT of scripture...does it NOT TESTIFY to Him..

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The Jews themselves had a semblance OF Knowledge and TRUTH Being FOUND in the LAW.

Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

BUT they did Know the SPIRITUAL Truth of scripture

t 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.( Christ is the Power AND WISDOM of God )

1Cr 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,

Christ is TRUTH , Salvation is ONLY found IN HIM.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Those who cling\clung TO the law DENIED THE TRUTH

As most know..The law was But a shadow of the Reality which was to follow....the LAW was our TUTOR to TRUTH.

Why dosomel LOOK for head Knowledge  AS to satisfy our Carnal Minds to HAVING TRUTH.

The TRUTH is a WHO!...He BEING the SUM of ALL TRUTH.

SO WHAT ARE we led( I WILL LEAD TO YOU TO ALL TRUTH) towards..for mine COMING to KNOW this TRUTH( CHRIST) from WITHIN!

Has it not occurred when such words were spoken about Being BLOWN away..it just might to early converts who still were indoctrinated in the LAW of their fathers?..Falling from Grace back to LAW for Salvation!

Therefore how can we LOSE this Truth from within?....

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

CHRIST IS ALL THINGS!

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

That for mine IS TRUTH
Blessings Taffy

:goodpost: :happyclap:

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »

Any thoughts??

Truth is anything that is ETERNAL.

That which is "flesh" IS flesh! And.......

that which is Spirit "is" Spirit!

When God fully processes us, there will be "no PLACE found" for the negatives.........call them what you

will, they are NOT "Eternal!"  HE dwells in a Light that is unapproachable by man, gives us "glimpses" and

we cling to those glimpses of ETERNITY!

Tho HE is in the ETERNAL Realm, He "knows" our frame and leads "us" thru times!  And one day, there

shall be TIME NO MORE!

My take.

Michele

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »

Any thoughts??

When God fully processes us, there will be "no PLACE found" for the negatives.........call them what you

will, they are NOT "Eternal!"  HE dwells in a Light that is unapproachable by man, gives us "glimpses" and

Tho HE is in the ETERNAL Realm, He "knows" our frame and leads "us" thru times!  And one day, there

shall be TIME NO MORE!

My take.

I like that too Red  :goodpost:.......gotta love those glimpses of Eternity!  :cloud9:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
 :cloud9: As for my  :2c: on how I know......when He began to teach me precepts that I found "hidden" in plain sight all the way thru the Bible, that witnessed what the Spirit had spoken to me, so that I learned to hear His voice and trust in it. In the beginning of my walk, the Word revealed the Spirit. By that I mean, the written Word revealed His nature to me. As I matured and knew His voice, the Spirit could then reveal the hidden Word, and the literal word bore witness to what was spoken by the Word that is Spirit.
I've never seen it fail.

It's the difference between reading about Him and being in the same room with Him. If He was sitting in the room, you wouldn't ignore Him to read a book ABOUT Him, that would be rather rude to say the least, but rather you would speak to Him face to face, getting to know Him that way. I've found He desires a personal relationship that goes way beyond confessing Him as Lord of your life. Due to the workings of His Spirit in me, He's now as real as anyone sitting in a room with me, sometimes more so, in the sense that, if He chooses to do so, He can "block out" the natural surroundings and speak to us no matter what is going on around us at the time. It's exciting when He does that, but it does make for some interesting conversations afterwards  :mshock: sometimes, LOL. I used to joke with my one friend He raised up into the things of God with me, that the first miracle I witnessed was that He saved us. The second, was that He kept the men in the white coats from carting us off after He REALLY got ahold of us  :mblush:......Blessings to you.......
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:39:36 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

vagabond

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »

shall be TIME NO MORE!

My take.

Good stuff Red :thumbsup:

1 Cor.15:51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

In a "moment", the Greek word is "atomos", where we get the word "atomic"- indivisible.

It's when we are "in" the "atomos" that we change. Beyond the surface of the atom is pure energy, the sudden release of energy is light. To get into the "moment", the "eternal realm", we must first get beyond our largest obstruction: "fear of losing ourselves". We fight like the dickens to defend the idea that no one gets lost, why? Because if one could get lost then we could also!

The Father "IS" having his way in this realm. His "WAY" is far more important then you. Perhaps we should be searching without being bias. Perhaps we should ask ourselves, "what does the Father think of when he's not thinking about us?"

Jesus sacrificed far more then three dark nights at his decision to take the Father's way. Jesus discovered, in the garden of Gathsamane, that the Father's plan was far greater in value then him. Did Jesus already know that he faced death before he entered the garden? Of course. So what did he face in the garden that caused him to sweat blood? The blood that Jesus "shed" for us was not on the cross, there it was taken, but in the garden he shed it while he faced for the first time the depth of his sacrifice. That is the "Way" the Truth and the Life, blessed is he that hungereth and thirsteth after it.

What would you be willing to lay down so that his "WAY" is found?
Your self rightness?
Your understanding?
Your position in heaven?
Your soul?
Your dignity?
How about your own salvation?
There is a "WAY" (TRUTH) that even a blind fool could walk in without stumbling. But one must be willing to set aside all of the above to find it. The TRUTH......it's not about you!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:51:54 PM by vagabond »

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Vagabond, no, it's not about "me" ...........my four, and no more, but my flesh is just as anyone elses.
I may not talk about it, but I "feel" it! 

You asked: What would you be willing to lay down so that his "WAY" is found?

I tell you what we "all" ---must--- lay down.........and that's the first order........what all that entails
is still being revealed, He may get us "off" this forum!  He may require total silence.  Be still, and KNOW
that I am God! And He is where? He is behind that "SECOND veil" AND THE "way" INTO THe Holy of HOLies
is to not have the first tabernacle left standing. I used to think that meant "dying" but not so anymore do
I think that because we are invited there. Come boldly He said thru the "veil" of HIS flesh.  Two veils.
One to the first place and one to the Second. Ah yes, it keeps me going. As we have borne the
"image" of the earthy, so "shall we" bear the IMAGE of the Heavenly. The Heavenly Image is where?
Behind the Second Veil. Giving LIFE! I can see it but I can't do it.  I can pray for it.  But He must do it.
Moses said, "Just get my name off your list if I can't take so and so with me!"  Now that's laying some
things down, I'd say. How many even understand what that means? People LONG for fellowship in the
things God has revealed...........thanks for talking to me.

Michele

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »
Red and vagabond.......your posts are deep. :HeartThrob:

Thanks for sharing.... :thumbsup:

vagabond

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 02:22:06 AM »
I used to think that meant "dying" but not so anymore do
I think that because we are invited there. Come boldly He said thru the "veil" of HIS flesh.  Two veils.
One to the first place and one to the Second. Ah yes, it keeps me going. As we have borne the
"image" of the earthy, so "shall we" bear the IMAGE of the Heavenly.

:thumbsup:

The Heavenly Image is where?
Behind the Second Veil. Giving LIFE! I can see it but I can't do it.  I can pray for it.  But He must do it.

I can almost feel vibrations from the above quote while i'm reading it.... you have such a wonderful passion for the "REAL" thing.

Moses said, "Just get my name off your list if I can't take so and so with me!"  Now that's laying some
things down, I'd say. How many even understand what that means?

Now that's Love! And if God wouldn't honor that i'd rather burn then to serve.

People LONG for fellowship in the
things God has revealed...........thanks for talking to me.

You're very welcome, i know the LONGING well....you've blessed me many times. As for our "LONGING" for fellowship...i think we get that from our Father :winkgrin:

Offline Kratos

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 02:39:41 AM »
Just after catching up on this thread, I returned to the place where I had stopped in a book by J. Preston Eby and read almost exactly what I had just read on here about the truth.

What is truth? Be not deceived into thinking, my beloved, that truth is a doctrine, a creed, or correct understanding about God. The most simple definition of truth is REALITY. Nothing is real in the whole material universe, nothing is truth; everything is but a shadow, all is temporal, illusion, and is passing away. Everything that can be seen, touched, tasted, possessed, and analyzed is not real, but at best a shadow. Whatever exists as a "form" of matter in this universe of appearances is but a figure, not the real thing.

What is the real thing REALITY? "The things which are seen are temporal," the inspired apostle says, "but the things which are not seen are eternal (abiding)" (II Cor. 4:18). The things which cannot be seen by the natural eye are the things of the spirit. CHRIST, the SPIRIT, is the reality of everything! You may think that the human (Adamic) life you have is real, but it is not; it too is only a shadow. "For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away" (James 1:24). Every cemetery bears witness to this! Real life is Christ. If you have the Son of God, you have life; if you do not have the Son of God, you do not have life (I Jn. 5:12). If your spirit has not been quickened by His Spirit you have not discovered life and abide in death, and this death has passed upon all men.   J. Preston Eby

Kratos
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

vagabond

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 02:10:19 PM »
Thanks Kratos.....them Eby writings are incredible!

crlnray

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 02:55:35 PM »
 :thumbsup:Kratos,Very good post. :icon_flower:crlnray

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »

Any thoughts??

To me Jesus is truth because he knows all truth and he personifies it.  The treasures of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding are hid in Christ. Whats neat is we only have the tip of the tip of the iceberg regarding truth that only comes from Christ. When Jesus said " I am the truth" ,  I think that has a very personal meaning to each of us. In our personal relationship with Christ,   Jesus is ALL to us. He is my salvation, knowledge, wisdom, righteousness, redemption,glory, great reward, strength, rock, ect..  this goes on and on! And this is truth which has been revealed to us by the Spirit and the Word. The truth of God which pertains to us is the Gosple of Jesus Christ! The more I know Jesus the more I will know truth. Its knowing the love of Christ, which passes knowledge. How he loved us, how he is loving us, and how he will love us unendingly  is what its all about.   
    As to how we can know the truth.  I think we can only know that which is revealed to us by the Spirit. What the Spirit reveals to a particular person depends on their relationship with God. The closer you are to God the more you are likely to hear from him. And the more like him you will become. I think the key to knowing truth is intimacy with God through prayer and  the word. I believe you will know if something is of God or not by the Spirit and the word. Both. Not one or the other. If I want to know whether or not something is true I will consider it in light of what the word has to say and I will allow the Holy Spirit to enable me to understand the word. If my ralationship with God is where it needs to be I will know the truth. An understanding of God's love enables us to detect ANYTHING that is contrary to that love. Its interesting,  you can substitute the word truth for love in what I just said. I know what God's truth and love look like, because Jesus has shown us.
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Michele

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:13 PM »
An understanding of God's love enables us to detect ANYTHING that is contrary to that love. Its interesting,  you can substitute the word truth for love in what I just said. I know what God's truth and love look like, because Jesus has shown us.

I like that fullarmor2!  :thumbsup: :HeartThrob:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:21:16 PM by StainedGlass »

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
     I'm glad and I hope that my post is helpful.
                 I like that quote by Helen Keller. And it reminds me of her and how that her life is similar to the christian,  and her teacher is like the Holy Spirit. Its interesting,  There was a time when Helen did not understand her teacher,  Anne. Helen thought she was someone who would hurt her. But later on Helen understood that Anne loved her and was only trying to help her the whole time.     I saw the movie The miracle worker just a few weeks ago,  very good I thought.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:36:22 PM by fullarmor2 »
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Michele

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »
     I'm glad and I hope that my post is helpful.
                 I like that quote by Helen Keller. And it reminds me of her and how that her life is similar to the christian,  and her teacher is like the Holy Spirit.

Yes, :icon_flower: quite a struggle she went through at first......what an amazing story Helen Keller's life is, and what a blessing it was that her teacher (Anne...the name means God's Grace) found her, and had experienced many similar sorrows and challenges in her own life as well.

Its so beautiful how Truth has a way of reflecting Itself over and over again in our lives.