Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 13502 times)

Offline claypot

• Bronze
Re: Trolls
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »
:cloud9: Or what if the 5 stones (5 hearts of the 5 fold) became one in the Master's (David's a type of Christ) hand?  :girlheart:

Forgive my ignorance but what is 5 hearts of the 5 fold?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 06:13:35 AM »
 :cloud9: Sorry... :sigh: sometimes what I think I made clear, I didn't.  :mblush:

Five fold ministry, we all have stony hearts, so 5 stones/5 hearts/5 fold, joined as ONE in the Master's hand, formed to destroy the works of the carnal minded man (Goliath's forehead).  :girlheart:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:15:47 AM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 06:20:06 AM »
:cloud9: Sorry... :sigh: sometimes what I think I made clear, I didn't.  :mblush:

Five fold ministry, we all have stony hearts, so 5 stones/5 hearts/5 fold, joined as ONE in the Master's hand, formed to destroy the works of the carnal minded man (Goliath's forehead).  :girlheart:
And, Knocks out the mind of Goliath.  Cp should like that.

47And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.

1 Sam 17

oops...did you add that? rofl

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37:59 AM »
 :cloud9: rofl.....no  :girlheart:  But in keeping with the thread, lets just say that Goliath is the original  "troll"  :laughing7:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Brian

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »
I don't even know what a troll, in the way it is used on forums, is but I have been strongly accused of being one in the past.

And what conclusion did you draw from that? That the accuser was making satanic attacks against you and if they didn't repent, you were going to have to turn them over to God deal severely with them? Personally, I know when someone accuses me of trolling, it's usually my fault, because I'm not representing myself correctly or appropriately. Sometimes I really am trolling, but attempting to do so constructively.

Little trivia for those who might not know; troll when used in a textual forum is a verb, not a noun. If you ever see a boat going slowly with fishing rods hanging out the stern, they are trolling for fish. Or it can simply be called a troll. In a sense we all troll in a way when we post. I mean you put out this question hoping for a bite, correct?
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline Brian

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »

Trolls typically do care about (in the nature of what they believe or want to learn) what they post,  they usually post something that can be very emotional to watch members of a forum come in and then start arguing with one another over something.  Or they just like seeing responces to something they write.  They usually are not very interactive unless they see an opportunity to fan the flames started by their first post.

A troll rarely sticks with a thread, in fact many trolls have been known to post the first post then never respond to anything written.

I disagree with some of what TonyN writes but I would not consider what he does post trolling.

In my experience there are trolls who not only attempt to dominate a thread, they try to dominate an entire forum. I've known of trolls, usually accompanied by a couple of cohorts (which may actually be "clones" or "sockpuppets" they invented for themselves) shut down an unmoderated group. I know of one secular newsgroup who had a couple of trolls that someone actually created  websites about trying shame them. Another thing you'll notice is that the group is always talking about who their arch troll is. If you do an archive search of the troll's name, you get like 736865655 hits. If the troll goes away for long enough, then a sub troll will come in and try imitating the arch troll to fill in the gap. Someday I'm going to have to write a thesis on all this.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:00:08 AM by Brian »
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
I was called a troll on Tentmaker
Who was a real muckraker
My sword was the Bible
And I they would lible
And it all happened on Tentmaker
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:35:12 PM by Tony N »
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »
I don't even know what a troll, in the way it is used on forums, is but I have been strongly accused of being one in the past.

And what conclusion did you draw from that? That the accuser was making satanic attacks against you and if they didn't repent, you were going to have to turn them over to God deal severely with them? Personally, I know when someone accuses me of trolling, it's usually my fault, because I'm not representing myself correctly or appropriately. Sometimes I really am trolling, but attempting to do so constructively.

Little trivia for those who might not know; troll when used in a textual forum is a verb, not a noun. If you ever see a boat going slowly with fishing rods hanging out the stern, they are trolling for fish. Or it can simply be called a troll. In a sense we all troll in a way when we post. I mean you put out this question hoping for a bite, correct?

Brian it is scary to me how you word things and think up things to ask because you take the words right out of my mouth. Most of your posts I just sit back and say, yeah, that's what I wanted to say. Like when you talked about being accused of hijacking that thread that you started. The thread you started! (Which by the way never did get responded to as far as I could see.)

From your words I got to wondering if, in some cases, we could be a troll and not even know it.

Also it seems there are various types of trolls and various ways they operate but a few things seem to be needed to be a troll like causing dissent and frustration just to cause these things. Or to post things mainly to get attention and control.

Also a troll seems to be someone who thinks he or she can do no wrong because he or she has the truth in more abundance than others and will do and say things very subltly until cornered then they will react with self protective acts. A good troll is a great manipulator and can be humble at will or on call when necessary and can expertly skirt issues when needed.

I think the biggest sign of a troll to me is someone who craves attention and will say just about anything to get it! This is a master at work.

cp

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 03:52:21 PM »
I was called a troll on Tentmaker
Who was a real muckraker
My sword was the Bible
And I they would lible
And it all happened on Tentmaker

Rapper Troll T  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »

Brian it is scary to me how you word things and think up things to ask because you take the words right out of my mouth. Most of your posts I just sit back and say, yeah, that's what I wanted to say. Like when you talked about being accused of hijacking that thread that you started. The thread you started! (Which by the way never did get responded to as far as I could see.)

From your words I got to wondering if, in some cases, we could be a troll and not even know it.

Also it seems there are various types of trolls and various ways they operate but a few things seem to be needed to be a troll like causing dissent and frustration just to cause these things. Or to post things mainly to get attention and control.

Also a troll seems to be someone who thinks he or she can do no wrong because he or she has the truth in more abundance than others and will do and say things very subltly until cornered then they will react with self protective acts. A good troll is a great manipulator and can be humble at will or on call when necessary and can expertly skirt issues when needed.

I think the biggest sign of a troll to me is someone who craves attention and will say just about anything to get it! This is a master at work.

cp

"An Internet troll is a person who sends duplicitous messages to get angry responses. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for suckers" and ultimately from trolling for fish. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette." - Wikipedia

To hijack a thread is to take a thread over and take the thread in a different direction from its original intent. Nathan hijacked Brian's thread by accusing me of all sorts of things and Brian joined in the hijacking as did you, cp. Those posts were deleted because I complained to the mods but some evidence remains.

I am beginning to wonder who the real troll(s) is/are here.

I came with the Scripture. I answered all the questions with a biblical perspective. They didn't like it so they slandered me.

cp, I don't crave attention. What I crave is that people are not hoodwinked into believing all sorts of balogna.

In case you guys didn't realize it, this is an forum where we are allowed to discuss our beliefs. It doesn't say that the requirement to posting here is you have to kiss everyone's butts and agree with everything they say.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »

Does a Trolling stone gather moss?

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 04:35:33 PM »
Im not sure that offending posts were deleted cause ya complained Tony , as One was  yours...Im told they were Deleted because they bore no fruit....

:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

:icon_king:
Very T-roll ( D-roll) :happygrin:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »

:icon_king:
Very T-roll ( D-roll) :happygrin:

Thats Troshizzle  rollizzle

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
Im not sure that offending posts were deleted cause ya complained Tony , as One was  yours...Im told they were Deleted because they bore no fruit....

They were deleted right after I complained and Pierac  told me he deleted the offending posts. I still have the PM.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:49:19 PM by Tony N »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »

They were deleted right after I complained and Pierac  told me he deleted the offending posts. I still have the PM.
an excerpt from Paul post in the mod section.... :icon_flower:

I removed both Brians post and Tony's reply to the recycle bin.  Did not see much fruit from either!

seems one of those you were complaining about was yours..want a copy bro..tis in the recycle BIN....

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:12:39 PM by Taffy »

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »

I removed both Brians post and Tony's reply to the recycle bin.  Did not see much fruit from either!

seems one of those you were complaining about was yours..want a copy bro..tis in the recycle BIN....

I have the private message from pierac. He deleted Brian's post and had to delete my post to his post because my post copied his post to which I was replying to.
He deleted both posts only after I complained. I wanted him to delete. What do you find so hard to understand?

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »

Hey back to this for a minute. I am feeling so stupid here, I mean really stupid so be merciful to me.

What is a five fold ministry?

I get the stony heart thing and, yes Molly, I really liked the Goliath, rock in the carnal mind thing, that is way cool but what is the meaning of the 5 stones/5 hearts/5 fold thing.

I'm really curious.

cp

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers .. .

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:36 PM »

Thanks Bro. Isn't it funny how some of the most obvious things go right by a person?

Now, application.

David, 5 stones. 5 fold ministry. Goliath, carnal mind, was killed with one stone. David as type of the Divine within us (Jesus), 'carries' these 5 stones and uses these 5 stones to destroy the old man.

Random thoughts. What you think?

cp

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »

Hi Everyone,

It may be that some on here consider me a troll, I don't know and don't much care as long as God knows my heart and intentions.

The reason I say this is, I don't get to post much because of time limitations and also because there are times I cannot log in to Tentmaker. I don't start threads because I am afraid I can't get back on here to answer any of the questions any one may have. Also, I just don't have the time that some on here apparently has. I have a few minutes a day to post and that is about it, by the time I get through reading the new post my time has been spent.

Sometimes it may appear one is a troll when actually they are not. That is why Jesus said "judge not lest ye be judged". Only He knows the heart. Thank God no human has the authority to judge whether or not I will be saved.  :happy3:

CHB

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:12 PM »

I have the private message from pierac. He deleted Brian's post and had to delete my post to his post because my post copied his post to which I was replying to.
He deleted both posts only after I complained. I wanted him to delete. What do you find so hard to understand?

I removed both Brians post and Tony's reply to the recycle bin.  Did not *****see ****much fruit from *****either!****

I understand quite well Tony , I gather the either post was yours ***too****.....That is Brians and Yours , not just Brians..kinda mentions your reply donit :icon_flower:
Now to clarify-

If ya wished to have that which  was quoted in your post from Brians deleted... I just wondered why you didnt complain yet again , ....cos we can simply edit ANY post we wish, which includes that which may have  be quoted in  ANY posting.

Which kinda begs the question why ya didnt?

Now..Im kinda guessing , but Id say Paul deleted yours ALONG with Brians as both posts were out of order...

Now to verify this of course we need to ask paul...
but lets read again

I removed both Brians post and Tony's reply to the recycle bin.  Did not see much fruit from either![/b]

Say we put this to 1000 folk....again im a guessing....but i would imagine most if not maybe even all ,would THINK that BOTH your post and Brians were deleted because BOTH, thats your contribution too , bore no fruit.

It might have been that bit ya mentioned about satan , an accusser of the breathren ,,just maybe paul thought it best to remove your words too...

Like i say Tony...having read what you wrote..I too would have deleted it....of course I could be reading this all wrong....

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:49:16 PM by Taffy »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »

Thanks Bro. Isn't it funny how some of the most obvious things go right by a person?

Now, application.

David, 5 stones. 5 fold ministry. Goliath, carnal mind, was killed with one stone. David as type of the Divine within us (Jesus), 'carries' these 5 stones and uses these 5 stones to destroy the old man.

Random thoughts. What you think?

cp

...thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  {Mat 1618]

"Peter"

G4074
Πέτρος
Petros
pet'-ros
Apparently a primary word; a (piece of) rock (larger than G3037); as a name, Petrus, an apostle: - Peter, rock. Compare G2786.

David is a type of Christ picking up the five smooth stones to slay the mind of Goliath.

1 Samuel 17:40
And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

We don't know which one he picks, do we?  So it could be any of them.

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

But, I think Cardinal said--in the hand of Christ, they are one stone.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:36:54 PM by Molly »

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
Five is the number of grace . . .the stones were taken from the "stream" another picture of the spirit.  The stone was smooth . . . no protruding characters that could cause it to drift of it's path toward intended target.  Goliath is a picture of carnality . .  6 fingers, 6 toes, spear was 6 cubics . he was dressed in brass . .  type for judgment . . even though his mind was penetrated by the stone . . Jesus is the rock, he is the stone . . .even though the carnal mind was invaded by the living stone of Christ.  . . it wasn't complete until the head was fully severed . . it's not by our minds we are who we are, but is by what THE HEAD declares we are . . .Christ is the head, we are the body.  The sword is what separated the head . . . those who live by the sword .  . die by it. 

It is the Word of God (not just a Bible btw) that separates bone and marrow, spirit from flesh that defines the head from the body

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »
Yes, but we are to grow up [mature] into the head.

Ephesians 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

15 But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head  Christ. 16 From Him the whole body, fitted and knit together  by every supporting ligament, promotes the growth of the body for building up itself in love by the proper working of each individual part.

Philippians 2:5
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:54:12 PM by Molly »