Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 11120 times)

Offline claypot

• Bronze
Trolls
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
I don't even know what a troll, in the way it is used on forums, is but I have been strongly accused of being one in the past and I have just suggested that someone else may be one. I mean I guess a troll is someone who sneaks onto a forum like a spy in order to undermine what the purpose of what said board is all about.

What do we do with a suspected troll? Do we say nothing? Do we just lodge a complaint to the mods of a forum and leave it in their hands?

One thing I do know is that I don't think it should be handled in a public way, of which I am guilty of in one case.

Any thoughts?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
Re: Trolls
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
If I am a troll, then Jesus and the disciples were trolls as was John the baptist.

Look how well people got along with them. And look how those people got rid of the problem, or so they thought they got rid of it.

And another thing, this troll matter doesn't belong on this board. It probably should go in Members Lounge.
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
If I am a troll, then Jesus and the disciples were trolls as was John the baptist.

Look how well people got along with them. And look how those people got rid of the problem, or so they thought they got rid of it.

And another thing, this troll matter doesn't belong on this board. It probably should go in Members Lounge.

Tony, I am hoping to not name names here.

My understanding of what a troll is is that a troll puts forth his or her agenda in a sneaky kind of way and I sure don't lump Jesus into that category. I would lump myself into that category and I have heard that others do it too on other boards. You know, how we may go to another forum, maybe one that believes differently than we do and then in a sly kind of way, we try to either try to undermine that board by causing confusion or just being ridiculous and wasting their time or by slyly putting forth our beliefs in some way.

cp

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Trolls typically do care about (in the nature of what they believe or want to learn) what they post,  they usually post something that can be very emotional to watch members of a forum come in and then start arguing with one another over something.  Or they just like seeing responces to something they write.  They usually are not very interactive unless they see an opportunity to fan the flames started by their first post.

A troll rarely sticks with a thread, in fact many trolls have been known to post the first post then never respond to anything written.

I disagree with some of what TonyN writes but I would not consider what he does post trolling.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
Guys.. :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

Trolls normally come with a Hidden agenda and to cause disruption where ever possible...who subtley go about undermining the guidelines given in what is permitted and what is NOT

Tony is NOT a Troll, But  AT times he does  Bait ...Baiting too is Not permitted....Its a Fine line when one  Jests( ie when posters know each) to when one does it to undermine and illicite a response from another.

so we can clear this up once and for all ..Tony .. kindly quit it with sarcasm from now on in, ...and that goes for all others too, if ya dont Like it, find another board to post on....enoughs enough..

Learn to share with the ability in  respecting  the opinions of others, along with liberty we have to disagree.....

Thanks for your co-operation..... :icon_flower:

:icon_flower: :icon_flower:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »

As far as what to do with trolls?  Well, Trolls actually serve a good purpose and can bring up issues that are interesting to discuss.

The best way to beat a troll is to discuss and and respect one anothers opinions.  A troll will bore of that very quickly.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »
I don't even know what a troll, in the way it is used on forums, is

A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Flamebait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the troll often has no real interest in.

So:

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:12:06 PM »
One man's troll is another man's treasure.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »
Taffy, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you but I have never baited anyone on these boards. Never.

Furthermore, if I ever was sarcastic, it was with one who was first sarcastic with me. At least that is how I see it. Not that that makes me right to use sacrasm but I have even seen you use it. So please don't use sarcasm any more or I'll have to report you to the mods.  :laughing7: Hey, you are a mod!  :laughing7: Oops, is that sarcasm?  :dontknow:

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

You ever been on a troll road and have to pay at the troll booth? Man I hate that!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »

You ever been on a troll road and have to pay at the troll booth? Man I hate that!
I just walk around it. :Sparkletooth:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »

Flamebait has a better smell than BJbait.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »

When a fisherman goes trolling does he get the fish mad at him?

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »

I met someone who picked up the stone and threw it.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:38 PM »

Only after he realizes he's hooked.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »

What if he who is without sin is also without stones?  :dontknow:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:39 PM »
Taffy, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you but I have never baited anyone on these boards. Never.

Furthermore, if I ever was sarcastic, it was with one who was first sarcastic with me. At least that is how I see it. Not that that makes me right to use sacrasm but I have even seen you use it. So please don't use sarcasm any more or I'll have to report you to the mods.  :laughing7: Hey, you are a mod!  :laughing7: Oops, is that sarcasm?  :dontknow:

Tony Im  sure not here to Judge ya Heart bro....One can can only go by whats posted and the guidelines provided for the benefit of all....Thats It...

Now if ya were tell me that you havent at times breached that, like others do too..then Id Disagree.....

oh and for sarcasm..a smart fella like you should at least realise ..TWO wrongs dont Make a Right Bro,,,as in my MATE made me do it...we take responsibilty for our OWN actions Bud

Tony well we all fall  short and ya could say maybe that why one is a little more tolerant with folk knowing I aint perfect either..so, in future feel at liberty to Report me to other mods to..fair enough.....

you watch out for me..and Il watch out for you... :icon_flower:

Thanks for doing so Tony :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »

Only after he realizes he's hooked.

I better quit while I'm behind. Someone may accuse me of baiting and trolling just to keep this thing going.  :laughing7:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »

Then spit [in the dirt and put it on the other's eyes.]

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

Does two baits make a troll?

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »

But what if they have logs in their eyes? How do you get past them to get the dirt in? Man I hate when that happens!

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »

But what if they have logs in their eyes? How do you get past them to get the dirt in? Man I hate when that happens!

Use a lot of splinters.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
Be sure our sins will find us out. I personally don't like that verse but I suppose its good for me, to be found out if I'm willingly and consciously living in sin.

Good to air out things. You all are good for me, yes, even you Tony!!!!

cp

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »

Does two baits make a troll?

No twobaits makes 25cents.  Or, is that only in Narnia?