Author Topic: TM's Beliefs Regarding Universal Salvation  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: TM's Beliefs Regarding Universal Salvation
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »
 :cloud9: Works for me..... :thumbsup: :Sparkletooth:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline gkm

• Reg
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Hi LD2,

I think works still count.....

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

=> works are of no use then there is no need to test them...

Revelation 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

My view is that while salvation/receiving eternal life, is by faith alone in Christ Alone, AFTER one is saved one's future rewards are DETERMINED by one's works. There is a load of passages which speak of rewards being determined by works.

gkm

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it" Thomas Jefferson
In Christ,

Gary McNees gkmcnees@gmail.com

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it" Thomas Jefferson

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
Hi LD2,

I think works still count.....

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

=> works are of no use then there is no need to test them...

Revelation 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

My view is that while salvation/receiving eternal life, is by faith alone in Christ Alone, AFTER one is saved one's future rewards are DETERMINED by one's works. There is a load of passages which speak of rewards being determined by works.

gkm

I agree - as empowered by the Holy Spirit.  "I, yet not I".