Author Topic: Thomas J. Kissinger - The Love of God  (Read 1413 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Thomas J. Kissinger - The Love of God
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »
The latest mailing from Thomas J. Kissinger, author of The Noble Berean and The Honor Of Kings, musician; inspired by TM when UR was being revealed to him, and a friend of Tentmaker.

How sweet it is to know the living God, and that He is willing and able to save all men. Do you realize what an amazing revelation God has given to us? He has shown us the beginning, middle, and end of His purpose for the ages. This is the greatest most powerful information ever known to man. Every other bit of information we come in contact with in this life pales in comparison to the magnificent knowledge of the purpose and plan of Jesus Christ. Oh that men and women would come to know this great truth (THE LARGER HOPE!)

The truth of Jesus Christ (and that all shall be saved through the blood of His cross) is the only thing that can make the soul free from iniquity and deliver a person to the degree to where they are actually conformed into the image of God and to where they can partake of the divine nature and appear before God spotless, being sanctified spirit, soul, and body.

What amount of value do we place on what God has shown us? Is it just something neat to know that we can attach to our everyday life, or is it the most important thing we have ever heard and we treat it as though someone has given us the most precious jewel on the planet? What we do with what God has given us determines how much value we place on what He has given us. If we don't take the time to perfect the message (as far as how we understand it) God has given us, and it is not exciting to us, then we clearly do not understand the great value of what we have been given. I have even heard some say they understand the message, but they go on to say...what's the big deal. The big deal is this: We have been shown something by God that approximately 99% of the people on planet earth do not understand. WOW...this must be some pretty important information. Are we going to be a good steward of the mysteries of God?

Let this message inspire you to embrace the true Good News of Jesus Christ like you have never embraced it before. This is not meant for condemnation, but rather, for inspiration and encouragement.

Our God is so amazing that it is impossible for Him to lose anyone or anything. If we really believe this there will be a power of God on the inside to accompany us and live through us to where the entire world will see that there is hope for the creation to be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

I can promise you that our God cannot fail, and that His love will not fail one person who has ever lived...not one! 99 sheep are not enough for our God. He will go after that last one until all are home and restored to Him and in their right mind - the mind of Christ. Nothing can stop Him! Not even the unbelief of all the Christians who say that God will mercilessly torture most of humanity forever and ever.

Here are the words from the great song "The Love Of God"...

The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.

Refrain:

Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure—
The saints' and angels' song.

Read these words and believe them with all your heart!

Oh that God would reveal these things to the sons and daughters of men, that they would see Who their God really is and what marvelous things He has done!

Is there anything too hard for the Lord?

Hallelujah!
Thomas

--
Sincerely,
Thomas Kissinger

Hearing The Truth Of God (A Website Dedicated To Promoting Truth):
http://www.hearingthetruthofgod.com/

The Berean Group (A Discussion Group On Yahoo):
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thebereangroup/

Thomas Kissinger - The Sound Of Inspiration (A Website Dedicated To The Music And Recordings Of Thomas Kissinger):
http://www.thomaskissinger.com/

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Thomas J. Kissinger - The Love of God
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 03:04:49 AM »

Romans 8:39;
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God which rests upon us in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
Just to keep you posted and to whet your appetite, here is a small excerpt from my up and coming book entitled, The Noble Berean 3. It is from the chapter entitled, What is Truth? (This chapter takes us through the experience of Jesus from the time of His arrest to the time He stands before Pilate and has a very interesting conversation with him.)

Here is the passage... In the Gospel of Mark, when asked by the high priest if He was the Christ, the Son of the Blessed, Jesus said…I AM. Any who are familiar with the Old Testament know that the words I AM are a direct reference to Jehovah (God), and how that He revealed Himself to Moses as…I AM THAT I AM! In essence, these words were perceived by the Jews as a claim to be God, and so they should have, for this is exactly Who Jesus was and is: the Word (God) Who was made flesh, and dwelled among us (John 1:1; John 1:14). Oh what our Lord endured next as some spit on Him, blindfolded Him, and struck Him with their fists, saying to Him, prophesy! It is said after that the guards took Him and beat Him. What a picture of love and humility as Jesus received this (having done nothing wrong) at the hands of those who were actually sinners in need of Him as their Savior! He opened not His mouth in accusation against them! In essence, Jesus became a creditor, in that He was an innocent victim, falsely accused, and treated harshly. The KEY is that He did not open His mouth to defend Himself or retaliate, but rather, He FORGAVE those who acted out against Him in ignorance and violence.  

Hallelujah, Thomas

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
Luk 17:21  nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »
Got this in my email today.  God bless.

Hello there fellow Bereans! Just dropping a little note to keep the fires of God burning! I spent the day yesterday with my friend Tee. He has a lawn and landscape business in Baton Rouge and I work with him on the weekends to earn some extra"chump change". Anyway...we always have time to talk on the way to and from the next jobsite. We were talking yesterday about the restoration of all things through the blood of the cross of Christ. You see...not only is it important to know this, but it is important to know that understanding this truth brings"power" into your walk with God.

If we believe God is limited in His effort to save the human race, then we will be limited in our walk with God before others in the sense that we do not think God is capable of delivering certain people from certain types of behavior. I also got to thinking again about what it takes for someone to see this truth. I know that it must be revealed by God, but I am referring to the practical nuts and bolts of what actually needs to be revealed to us by God. If a person is able to see one or all of these spiritual elements, they will be well on their way to understanding that God shall be ALL IN ALL!

1. God is corrective, not vindictive.
2. The Greek words "Aion" and "Aionios" refer to the ages, and not eternity.
3. The Three Harvests of Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles refer to a totalharvest of all in the fullness of time on the individual and corporate levels.
4. The words "Sheol", "Hades", "Gehenna", and "Tartaroo" do not refer to a literal place of unending torture in literal fire.
5. Fire in the Bible speaks of God and His method of purification. The fire of God is designed to burn up our carnal nature and to cause us to be a partaker of the divine nature. We are actually saved by fire. It is a good thing and all must go through it. The words "lake of fire" speak of "divine purification"!!! Don't you just love the true God of the Bible? He is not a loser and cannot fail.

HIS LOVE IS INESCAPABLE! Hallelujah!  Thomas

www.hearingthetruthofgod.com

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:31:44 AM »
This is from a list by Thomas.  Do we have any idea the significance of this, especially #64?   :angelharp: :violin: :dsunny:

There's many an important concept here;

61. What does the Bible say about fire?
62. Is there such a thing as spiritual fire?
63. Is God going to burn people in literal fire?
64. Did you know that the terms "Holy Ghost and fire," "God is a consuming fire,"
and "lake of fire" all speak of the same type of fire? Did you know that the fire in
each one of these statements all comes from the same Greek word?

65. What is a fiery trial?
66. God makes His ministers a flaming fire! What does that mean?
67. God is a consuming fire! What does that mean?
68. We are to be baptized in the Holy Ghost and fire! What does that mean?
69. The Bible speaks of the lake of fire! What does that mean?
70. God's word is spoken of as fire in our mouths! What does that mean?

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:49:10 AM »
I went to the site and, even though I have a Yahoo account and joined thebereangroup, I coudn't find anything that would let me post an answer to a question.  I eventually lost even the question.  Shoddy search engine?  It wouldn't show me question I wanted to look at either.  On the category selection in advance searh there is no religion and Christianity option though the question was categorized that way.  What a frustrating hour wasted.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:50 AM »
Yeah, sorry about that.  I've never participated in the discussion forum.  I've read one of his books, get his emails from time to time, and have read some of his daily devotionals along the side of his website.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
I went to the site and, even though I have a Yahoo account and joined thebereangroup, I coudn't find anything that would let me post an answer to a question.  I eventually lost even the question.  Shoddy search engine?  It wouldn't show me question I wanted to look at either.  On the category selection in advance searh there is no religion and Christianity option though the question was categorized that way.  What a frustrating hour wasted.
When you join a Yahoo group you get an email adress.
You just mail to that adress, for example theberean@yahoo-groups.com.
Then your message gets forwarded to every member of that group.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 11:47:23 AM »
Hello Bereans!

Sorry for such a long post. This is a chapter from my new book (The Noble Berean3) which is to be completed soon. It is chapter seven and is entitled, "Elite
vs. Elect". In my opinion it deals with the very important topic of "election"
and its purpose. These are the types of things I believe the leaders in the body
of Christ desperately need to be aware of.

Here is the chapter.......

PART 7 - ELITE VS. ELECT

There are certain terms, words, topics, and concepts from the Bible, that when
spoken or brought up evoke strong negative feelings and immediate reactions,
causing the listener to shut down, make surface judgments, and want to hear no
more. The words "elect" or "election" are two such words. When the topic of
"God's elect" comes up it is usually met with resistance by the minds of men on
the grounds that it is associated first and foremost with those of the "Baptist"
and "Reformed" persuasions. This is also known as "Calvinism" and it has its
roots in the "Augustinian View" of "election". In simple terms, it is the belief
system that says that says that God has chosen to save only a select ("elect") group of
people and to damn the rest to an eternal hell forever. In addition to this,
many people view the topic of "the elect" (or "election") as a type of
"elitism", and write it off in their minds because it comes across to them as
though it is being stated that the "elect" are an "elite" group of people who
think they are better than all the rest. The third reason why the concept of
"God's elect" would be rejected is due simply to a "lack of knowledge"
concerning what the Bible actually teaches on the subject. It will be our goal
in this teaching to address all three points mentioned ("Calvinism", "Elitism",
and "Lack Of Knowledge") and to explain what it truly means to be one of "God's
elect".

THE CALVINISTIC VIEW OF ELECTION

As was stated in the opening paragraph of this teaching, "Calvinism" has its
roots in the "Augustinian View" of "election". "Augustine" taught that God had
predetermined some for salvation and some for infinite punishment. This teaching
was later embraced and developed by "John Calvin" and came to be known as
"Calvinism". In the "Five Points Of Calvinism", it is referred to as
"Unconditional Election". Here is the definition of "Unconditional Election"
from Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia:

"Unconditional election is the Calvinist teaching that before God created the
world, He chose to save some people according to His own purposes and apart from
any conditions related to those persons. Unconditional election is drawn from
the doctrines of salvation adopted by Augustine of Hippo, was first codified in
the Belgic Confession (1561), re-affirmed in the Canons of Dort (1619), which
arose from the Quinquarticular Controversy, and is represented in the various
Reformed confessions such as the Westminster Standards (1646). It is one of the
five points of Calvinism and is often linked with predestination." -end quote-
(Unconditional Election, Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia)

The "Calvinistic View" of "Unconditional Election" was once again carried on
later in history by figures such as: Theodore Beza, George Whitefield, Jonathan
Edwards, and Charles Spurgeon. Some of the more recent teachers of
"Unconditional Election" are: R. C. Sproul, Wayne Grudem, John Piper, Michael
Horton, Don Carson, and James White.

The men we have mentioned who have embraced "this idea" of "election" are
actually correct in stating that God is sovereign and that according to His
sovereignty He "elects" or "chooses" certain people over others. The part of
their teaching that is incorrect lies in their understanding and explanation of
the purpose of election. They view "election" solely as deliverance from
infinite punishment, which teaching is incorrect and not supported by Scripture.
The question is not…Does God "elect" certain people? The real question should
be…What is the purpose of election? Their error is not in "election" itself, but
in the purpose of election!

Note: Some ideas, thoughts, and partial statements from this section (The
Calvinistic View Of Election) were incorporated and quoted from Hope Beyond
Hell, Gerry Beauchemin.

Next, we must address the idea or "spiritual elitism" and how it has caused some
to have a bad taste in their mouth concerning "God's elect". This is another
stumbling block we must overcome in order to rightly divide what the Scriptures
speak pertaining to the true idea of Biblical "election".

SPIRITUAL ELITISM

Some have divorced themselves from the idea that God has an "elect" company of
people He is training (qualifying) to be the leaders of His Kingdom. Those who
hold this view somewhere down the line have become offended by this concept
(that God "elects" a "firstfruits" company of leaders) and found it convenient
to dismiss the Biblical idea of "election" by calling it "spiritual elitism". If
there is one common error I have personally witnessed over and over again with
teachers in the body of Christ, it is this: In an attempt to correct false
doctrine that veers off in one extreme or the other, most use the method of
going all the way to the other extreme and find themselves (unknowingly) in
false doctrine to the opposite extreme.

For example, are there those who think they are "elite" and better than others?
Well…yes. Are there those who view Biblical concepts such as "manifest sonship",
"he that overcomes", and "the Manchild" as an opportunity to flex their
self-righteous Pharisaical muscles on others? Well…yes. Still yet, are there
those who would actually teach that "God's elect" are "elite" and better than
all the rest of God's children? Well…yes. Having said all of this, though, does
the Bible not speak of kings, lords, priests, leaders, rulers, overcomers, the
"elect", firstfruits, and the manifestation of the sons of God? Well…sure it
does. Here is where we must be careful to expose the wrong attitude of
"spiritual elitism", but also (with the proper balance) uphold and proclaim the
true reality and meaning of "God's elect". Just because some wrongly use the
idea of "election" as an opportunity to claim they are "spiritually elite"
(which indeed they are not) does not mean we need to take the term "elect" and
brand it as something bad, or attempt to say there is no such thing. No…we must
be better stewards of the mysteries of God than that! We must do a better job of
rightly dividing the Word of truth than that!

I am more than happy to expose pride and "elitism" in any who may think they are
the cat's meow. But I am not going to go all the way to the other extreme and
say there is no such thing as those who will qualify to be overcomers and be
raised up as leaders in the first resurrection to rule and reign with Jesus
Christ. To deny this truth (that God has "elect" overcomers who are the
firstfruits / the manifestation of the sons of God) is just as wrong as to claim
to be "spiritually elite". They are two ditches of error on either side of the
path of truth. One claims to be "spiritually elite", and the other denies the
plan of God (which includes a firstfruits harvest before the harvests of the
church in general and the unbelievers). I am fully aware that the terms
"overcomers", "the Manchild", and "manifest sons" will ultimately include all of
creation (everyone). But the Bible clearly does not teach this will happen
collectively all at the same time. Once again, the Bible explicitly paints a
picture of three distinct harvests (the overcomers, the church in general, and
the unbelievers) which will ultimately include all, but not all at the same
time. It is important we make the distinction between the different harvests,
because if we do not, we are not rightly dividing the Word of God. And that is
how God would want it, because He is the One Who created these three harvests
for a very specific reason and purpose! In essence, to write off "election" as
"spiritual elitism" is no more than a form of "false humility" and a denial of
the plan of God for His creation.

LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

Most Christians are simply unaware, uninformed, and have a lack of knowledge in
reference to the fact that God has an "elect" firstfruits harvest, as well as
two other harvests pertaining to the church in general and the unbelievers. In
simple terms, they just don't know "the plan of God". The modern day church of
Jesus Christ has so watered down and diluted the true message of the Gospel that
they are hardly able to recognize revelation truth and knowledge when it is
presented to them. In fact, they usually fight against what is true (calling it
evil), and uphold what is false (calling it good). We have all been in this
condition (a lack of knowledge) at one time or another and will probably be
there in times to come. So this is not a put down to those who have not seen
these things or an ego trip for those who are able to see more clearly than
others. I know (personally) that except for the grace and mercy of God I would
know nothing at all about His glorious plan of the ages for all men. This is why
Paul prayed for the church at Ephesus, when he prayed…

Ephesians 1:17-23 (New King James Version):

17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you
the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your
understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His
calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19
and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe,
according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when
He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly
places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and
every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to
come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all
things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in
all.

If we do not understand "the plan of God", then we do not have "the spirit of
wisdom and revelation" in the knowledge of God through Jesus Christ. The
opposite of this statement is also true, in that if we do not have the "spirit
of wisdom and revelation" in the knowledge of God through Jesus Christ, then we
do not understand "the plan of God". Paul told us that we needed revelation
(unveiled reality) and enlightenment from the Spirit of God to know and
understand: the hope of God's calling, the riches of God's inheritance in the
saints, the power of God in this age and the coming age, and the mystery of the
church, which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all.

If you are reading this and you are unaware of these things, then you should
make it your goal from here on out to simply read the Scriptures with this
passage in mind (Ephesians 1:17-23), and by all means…ASK GOD TO GIVE YOU THE
SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND REVELATION IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM!!! "Ask, and it will be
given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For
everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it
will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV) Having said of all this, we are now in
position to ask and answer the most important question pertaining to this topic,
which is: What is the purpose of "election"?

THE PURPOSE OF ELECTION

The words "elect", "elected", and "election" are used several times in various
places throughout the Old and New Testaments. Some examples of Scripture
references using these words can be found at: Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 24:24; Romans
8:33; 1st Peter 1:2; 1st Peter 5:13; Romans 9:11; Romans 11: 5-7; Romans 11:28;
1st Thessalonians 1:4; 2nd Peter 1:10. To say that someone is "elect" or that
God has "elected" them simply means God picks, chooses, selects, or blesses that
person. Oh wonder of wonders that God in His infinite wisdom chooses some before
others to know Him and to be awakened to their salvation in Jesus Christ. There
is little or no debate concerning this truth which has just been mentioned. The
real meat and potatoes, though, of the understanding of "election" is what is
missed by most who claim to understand it and also by those who have not
considered this all important truth as of yet. The part of "election" which is
so little understood is its purpose. Once the true purpose of "election" is
understood all of the pieces of the puzzle come together. It causes the one who
knows nothing of "election" to come alive to the truth, while also causing the
"Calvinist" to see the folly of their belief in infinite punishment, and
finally, it helps that one who has become bitter toward the truth see that in no
way do God's true "elect ones" think they are "spiritually elite" or better than
others.    Continued below....

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »
continued... To say we believe in or understand the truth of Biblical "election" and not
grasp the true purpose of "election" is to totally miss the meaning, character,
nature, and intent of our Heavenly Father. To know the purpose of "election" is
to know the heart of God. To be blind to the purpose of "election", while
embracing certain elements of "election", produces a cold and calloused heart
toward God. If one remains in this error, it is a "type" of "being seared with a
hot iron" to the love, purpose, and plan of God. If we read a book that has ten
chapters and stop at chapter eight and say that is the end of the book, this is
the same as embracing "election", but not reading the rest of the story which
tells of its grand and glorious purpose. So…now for the rest of the story!
Now…for the purpose of "election"!

It is at this time that I wish to lean on the words of Gerry Beauchemin, who so
eloquently (in simple terms) exposes the raw truth to us concerning the purpose
of "election". Here are a few excerpts from his book entitled, Hope Beyond Hell.

According to Gerry Beauchemin:

"God promised Abraham and his seed that they would be the heirs of the world!
(Romans 4:13) With this comes purpose and great responsibility. We, the "elect",
are called to "be" a blessing, and not merely to be "blessed"…

"We as a "kind of firstfruits" among His creatures share this distinction with
Christ Who is the "firstborn over all creation" (Colossians 1:15). We labor with
Him to implore all people to be reconciled with God (2nd Corinthians 5:20). We
are preparing now to rule with Him in the coming ages (2nd Timothy 2:12;
Revelation 20:6), to govern five or ten cities (Luke 19: 17, 19), to sit on
thrones governing the tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30), even to rule
over all He has (Luke 12: 43-44). Our Lord is preparing leaders for that time,
and it all depends on our faithfulness now (2nd Timothy 2:12-13). The phrase
"firstfruits", naturally implies there are "second" fruits. Who are they? They
are those whom God will reach in "due time", who are not part of the
firstfruits. Christ will draw (drag) all to Himself (John 12:32)…

"He made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to
come He might show ("display" WEY/DBY) the exceeding riches of His grace in His
kindness toward us in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6-7). To whom does God plan to
display the exceeding riches of His grace if not to those in greatest need of
it? Why display it to those who have already known and experienced it?...

"We are the firstfruits - the priests and kings who will judge the world and
intercede for the ungodly (lost) in this age and the ages to come. Note, we are
not "exclusive" fruits. We are only "first" fruits among many to come." -end
quotes- (Hope Beyond Hell, Gerry Beauchemin)

To support these statements, refer to the following Scriptures: 1st Corinthians
6:2-3 (the saints will judge the world and angels), Revelation 1:5-6 (Jesus has
made us kings and priests), and Revelation 14:4-5 (firstfruits to God).

THE HIGH CALLING OF ELECTION REQUIRES HUMILITY

For those of you reading this I want to make you some promises. First and
foremost, I want to promise you on the authority of the true meaning and intent
of the Holy Scriptures that the Biblical explanation of "election" has
absolutely nothing to do with God selecting some for salvation over others and
preparing an eternal torture chamber for the rest who were not "elected". You
can go ahead and junk the "Calvinistic" portrayal of "election" on the grounds
of their unscriptural doctrine of eternal torture. They are right in their
acknowledgment of sovereignty and "election", but they totally miss it when it
comes to the purpose of "election".

Second, just because there are those who do a poor job of representing "God's
elect" and come across with a spirit of "elitism", gives us no right to smear
and attempt to remove the true teaching of "election" from the pages of the
Bible. I can promise you "election" is clearly spoken of in the Bible. While it
ultimately includes all men, the first part of God's harvest deals only with the
leaders in God's Kingdom. This is not an ego trip. It is the plan of God spelled
out in multiple passages and stories in the Bible. Jesus was The Son of God, but
He did not think He was "elite" in His flesh. Even so, He had to pave the way
and become the Pattern for the sons and daughters of God who would follow in His
footsteps. What if Jesus declined His office as The Son of God because He
allowed Himself to be deceived into thinking He should not take His role and
leadership position as the Captain of salvation because some might think He was
making Himself out to be "elite"? Thank God He knew how to be a leader and not
consider Himself "elite" and full of pride.

We cannot go all the way to the other extreme and say there is no such thing as
"God's elect" - a firstfruits company of leaders to be manifested at the
appointed time to lead the rest of the world to Christ. To take this out of our
message is to come up with our own plan. Ultimately, this is a denial of
sanctification and all that God is doing to conform the soul of man to His
image. Rather, the right thing to do is to expose the spirit of "elitism" as a
false image of the true definition of "election", and then go on to uphold and
support what it really means to be one of "God's elect".

Finally, the best antidote is to replace our lack of knowledge concerning
"election" with revelation truth from our Heavenly Father. Simply ask God to
reveal to you what it means to be "elected" in Him and how He wants you to
handle this calling of leadership before all the world. I can promise you if you
ask you will receive, and if you seek you will find, and if you knock the door
of understanding will be opened unto you. If you want me to tell you what to
pray for I can tell you this: Pray for the spirit of wisdom and revelation in
the knowledge of God, and that He would give you the revelation of Jesus Christ,
not just as a historical figure, but as The Son of God - God manifested in the
flesh. In this revelation you will see all things. You will see His
manifestation in the flesh, His sacrifice, His purpose with the sons of God, and
His redemption of the human race.

I can also promise you that I do not think I am "elite", but I do believe in
"election". Neither does anyone else I know think I am "elite". That is for
sure! While I am at it, let me continue by saying that if someone thinks they
are "elite" I can promise you they will not play a part as a leader in God's
Kingdom. God's true leaders are marked by love and humility. They are as little
children.

Bill Britton wrote an article entitled, The High Calling Requires Humility. In
it, he states…

"If God has called you to be like Jesus in all your spirit, He will draw you
into a life of crucifixion and humility, and put on you such demands of
obedience, that He will not allow you to follow other Christians, and in many
ways He will seem to let other good people do things which He will not let you
do." -end quote- (The High Calling Requires Humility, Bill Britton)

If you want to pull the King's Carriage you will have to submit to the harness
and training of the Lord. I can promise you it will not make you feel "elite",
but just the opposite. Many will look at you as though you are a failure and of
very little consequence in the Kingdom of God. Others will get the credit for
the time being. They will brag on themselves and their work, and will seem to
have unbroken success. They will be honored and put forward. God will let others
be great, and will keep you small. This is what it means to be one of "God's
elect". It doesn't sound so "elite" now, does it? God carefully takes the time
to crush His "elect" so that all of their fleshly ways are burned up by taking
on His divine nature. Yes…the reward is great, but so is the price that must be
paid. As Paul said, you must count it all loss and but dung in order to win
Christ (Philippians 3:8). It will cost you everything, even your very life.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He
who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find
it. Matthew 10:38-39 (NKJV)

--
Sincerely,
Thomas Kissinger

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »
Hello Bereans! It is so important that we understand and are able to expose Augustine'sargument in favor of eternal torture as a false interpretation of Matthew 25:46.Here is (what I believe to be) the information needed to answer the most oftenused "popular objection" to the reconciliation of all things. MATTHEW 25:46 Down through the ages, the trump card of those who believe and espouse theteaching of eternal torture has always been Matthew 25:46. It is with thissingle verse of Scripture that they hang their hat and justify the preaching oftheir "multiplied sermons seeking to prove their tradition that the vastmajority of God's human creation will be LOST, finally, irrevocably, andeternally, and not only will they be lost to God forever and ever, but they willbe given up to the most sadistic, inhuman, ungodly torments that could bedevised by the vilest fiends." (The previous passage in quotations is a quotefrom George Hawtin) The verse in question (Matthew 25:46 KJV) states…"And theseshall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." Those who use this verse to support their belief in endless torture make theclaim that if the punishment spoken of in this verse is of limited duration,then it must follow that the life is of limited duration. And so they (those whoembrace endless torture) feel it is an open and shut case.

Well…not so fast.Here come the "Bereans" to the rescue! There are at least three witnessesagainst the false interjection of "eternal" punishment that many insert intothis Scripture as their interpretation of Matthew 25:46. They are: Matthewchapter 25 is a "parable" concerning the judgment of the nations; the Greek word"aionios" refers to that which is "of the ages"; and the "punishment"("kolasis") which is spoken of in this verse is a punishment for correction(pruning) and for the bettering of the offender. According to Louis Abbott: "Matthew 25:31-46 concerns the judgment of NATIONS, not individuals. It is to bedistinguished from other judgments mentioned in Scripture, such as the judgmentof the saints (2 Cor. 5:10-11); the second resurrection, and the great whitethrone judgment (Rev. 20:11-15). The judgment of the nations is based upon theirtreatment of the Lord's brethren (verse 40). No resurrection of the dead ishere, just nations living at the time. To apply verses 41 and 46 to mankind as awhole is an error.

Perhaps it should be pointed out at this time that theFundamentalist Evangelical community at large has made the error of gatheringmany Scriptures which speak of various judgments which will occur in differentages and assigning them all to "Great White Throne" judgment. This is a seriousmistake. Matthew 25:46 speaks nothing of "grace through faith". We will leave itup to the reader to decide who the "Lord's brethren" are, but final judgmentbased upon the receiving of the Life of Christ is not the subject matter ofMatthew 25:46 and should not be interjected here. Even if it were, the penaltyis "age-during correction" and not "everlasting punishment". "An argument was introduced by Augustine, and since his day incessantlyrepeated, that if "aionios kolasis" does not mean "endless punishment", thenthere is no security for the believer that "aionios zoe" means "endless life",and that he will enjoy the promise of endless happiness. But Matt. 25:46 showsthe "eonian chastisement" and "eonian life" are of the same duration-lastingduring the eons, and when the eons end, as Scripture states they will (1 Cor.10:11; Heb. 9:26), the time called "eonian" is past and the life called "eonian"is finished, but life continues beyond the eons, as Paul teaches at 1 Cor.15:26: "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." That is, the last, thefinal one in order. How will it be destroyed? First Corinthians 15:22 gives theanswer: "For as IN ADAM ALL are dying, even so IN CHRIST ALL shall be madealive." Death is destroyed when ALL have been vivified, or made alive, INCHRIST. There will then be no more death. Just as life is destroyed by death, sodeath is destroyed by life. Our present bodies are mortal and corruptible (1Cor. 15:44-55), but when mankind is made alive IN CHRIST they will be raisedimmortal and incorruptible." -end quote- (An Analytical Study Of Words, LouisAbbott)

The following is a quote from A. P. Adams addressing the Greek word "kolasis"that was translated as "punishment" in Matthew 25:46 (KJV). According to A. P. Adams: "The purpose of punishment is not only the protection of society, and therestraint of the offender, but also his reformation; this latter should be themain purpose of punishment; any punishment that is not conducive to this end iswholly unjustifiable, it is simply an attempt to overcome one evil with agreater evil; - now to talk about endless punishment, is nonsense, as much as itwould be to talk of endless correction, or endless reforming. You might speak ofendless torture, or endless suffering; but endless punishment is not a propercollection of terms at all. I will add that the original word here rendered"punishment" signifies a punishment for the correction and bettering of theindividual, hence it could not be endless." -end quote- (Definitions: Eternal,A. P. Adams) Notice how this verse reads from The New Testament In Modern Speech. It reads asfollows… "And these shall go away into the Punishment of the Ages, but the righteous intothe Life of the Ages." (Matthew 25:46, Weymouth New Testament) What is being discussed here is punishment and life within the ages of time (ofor belonging to the ages). As we know, the Bible teaches the ages will come toan end. Since "punishment" ("kolasis") signifies a punishment for the correctionand bettering of the individual, it is impossible for it to be endless. This isa sure word of interpretation due to the double witness within the same verse(that "aionios" refers to something belonging to the ages of time, and that"kolasis" most definitely refers to correction, which by nature cannot beendless). The key is in knowing that God's punishment is for the purpose ofcorrection, which will naturally mean that when the offender (or nation) iscorrected they will be restored to God.

The ages were created by God for man toexperience Him and to go through changes during this process. Punishment is oneof those experiences that takes place during the ages and belongs to the ages.This is why it is always used in conjunction with the Greek word "aionios" (ofor belonging to the ages). JUST BECAUSE PUNISHMENT IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF CORRECTION AND IS TO BEADMINISTERED WITHIN THE AGES, AND CORRECTION AND THE AGES WILL COME TO AN END,DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE LIFE OF GOD WILL COME TO AN END. THAT IS NONSENSE! GOD'SLIFE WILL CONTINUE BEYOND THE AGES AS THE SCRIPTURES STATE. WHEN THE LAST ENEMYIS DESTROYED, WHICH IS DEATH (1ST CORINTHIANS 15:26), THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFTBUT LIFE. AND ALL WILL BE MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST AND GOD SHALL BE ALL IN ALL(EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE)! AS WELL, JUST BECAUSE THE LIFE OF GOD IS DESCRIBED AS "AIONIOS" ("OF THE AGES")DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT CANNOT CONTINUE BEYOND THE AGES. IT IS BOTH! GOD'S LIFE IS"OF THE AGES" AND "BEYOND THE AGES". THE REASON THE PUNISHMENT DOES NOT CONTINUEBEYOND THE AGES IS DUE TO THE FACT IT IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF CORRECTION, AND THATWHEN CORRECTION HAS REACHED ITS END GOAL IT IS NO LONGER NEEDED. THE FACT THATALL DEATH (INCLUDING THE SECOND DEATH / THE LAKE OF FIRE) SHALL BE DESTROYEDGUARANTEES THAT THERE SHALL BE NOTHING LEFT BUT LIFE AND ALL MADE ALIVE INCHRIST!

Ladies And Gentlemen Of The Jury…Augustine's attempt to paint a picture ofeternal torture by using Matthew 25:46 as his trump card JUST DOES NOT HOLDWATER! It has been clearly and precisely stated that there are three specificwitnesses against Augustine's view. Christians who jump into this chapter andquote the last verse of Matthew 25 as evidence for endless torment are doing atremendous disservice to themselves and others, not even knowing this passage isa parable concerning the judgment of the nations for their "works". Matthew13:34 tells us that Jesus ALWAYS spoke in parables when He spoke to themultitudes - always! Once again, the subject matter of this parable concerns thejudgment of nations and is not addressing whether individuals experiencedjustification by faith upon believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. May God help usto wake up and may He heal our consciences that have been seared with a hot ironto His love for all. He is not the eternal torturer, but He is the compassionateFather of the Prodigal Son, Who awaits the return of all His children oncecorrection has served its purpose. We have also shown how the words "aionios" and "kolasis" speak of a correction"belonging to the ages" which shall end in restoration and life (all being madealive in Christ). In essence, Matthew 25:46 is one of the strongest verses infavor of the reconciliation of all things in the dispensation of the fullness oftime due to the fact that the Greek words "aionios" and "kolasis" are linkedtogether in the same verse.

There is really no such thing as "eternal"punishment, since "punishment" is for the purpose of correction. How would it bepossible to "eternally" correct someone? Sooner or later the correction servesits purpose and brings about the desired result. For those of you reading this I want you to ask yourself this question and to behonest with yourself…Why would you punish someone (your child)? Would you punishthem just to inflict pain and satisfy your vindictive thirst for revenge? Ifso…shame on you. Is our God vindictive, or is He corrective? I think if youspend some time searching the Scriptures, praying, and meditating on the purposeof God's punishment, you will see in your heart that our God is corrective. Itmay take you a while to shed your current belief that God is vindictive, but atleast open up your heart to the idea that God's punishment is for the purpose ofcorrection and will end with the result of restoration and reconciliation forall! Jeremiah 10:24 states… O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me tonothing. Thomas  --Sincerely,Thomas Kissinger Hearing The Truth Of God (A Website Dedicated To Promoting Truth)     

www.hearingthetruthofgod.com/