Author Topic: How exactly did jesus "save" mankind?  (Read 8317 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: How exactly did jesus "save" mankind?
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2011, 12:18:05 AM »
For me the difference between a parable and a pattern is fading away.
A parable is a litteral thing that very often can be observed in daily life. But it has at least one other deeper meaning. Never hidden. It just has to be found. America wasn't discovered by the Vikings because God hid the whole whole continent; it was just that nobody never bothered to sail (search) that far.
So for me the HS revealing something doesn't mean a thing get 'unhidden'; in just mean get a hint where to look.
Same for a parable it doesn't reavly reveal things. It gives hints to discover things.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
Another thing about a prabable is that it open the eyes of people who otherwise would not hear it.

e.g Jesus ask the pharisses a question, about who should love most, the parable opens the eyes of the pharisses and they say, "The one who had most forgiven"

Outiside of their programmed beliefs that anything gentile = less, dog, second class

Now the parable iserts a loophole, so that Jesus does not say gentile, and opens their heart to see that the one who is forgiven most loves most.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »
Another thing about a prabable is that it open the eyes of people who otherwise would not hear it.

e.g Jesus ask the pharisses a question, about who should love most, the parable opens the eyes of the pharisses and they say, "The one who had most forgiven"

Outiside of their programmed beliefs that anything gentile = less, dog, second class

Now the parable iserts a loophole, so that Jesus does not say gentile, and opens their heart to see that the one who is forgiven most loves most.

Amen
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »
TT

thank you so much for that post, it lit up an area of darnkess in me of His nature that I had never appreciated or seen before.

Sheila