Author Topic: The Traditionalists and Iron fist Legalism filled with emotional sap  (Read 920 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

I've been thinking a bit about the traditionalis church and its legalism in the churches, basically a bunch of dogmas and practices demanded in order to avoid unending torment.  Pretty terrifying stuff.  To combat this problem, one often tries to fill that shallow hole with a bunch of emotional sap to attempt to bring some artificial "life" into themselves.  I remember I was there on several occasions.  It really stinks.  But many Catholics and Protestants are really all over emotional in their religion, and try to pass on a bunch of sap.  But then also are under the curse of the hell doctrine.  Born Again Christians are the worst about being over emotional on this stuff.

Any thoughts?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: The Traditionalists and Iron fist Legalism filled with emotional sap
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:24:42 AM »

The best part of the service is the coffee and donuts.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:39:21 AM »
Here in brief (under 4 min.) is one woman's traumatic search through the churchs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De-EDQL5mQ8

(You really need this testimony to help you deal with the emotionly wounded!)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Shadow

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:47:09 AM by Shadow »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
I don't see how it's disrespectful as it accurately reflects what they cherish and hold dear to their hearts without pussyfooting around or beating around the bush by sugarcoating anything,
Maybe they are a little ashamed of what they are and what they approve...
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Syndicated

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
The best part of the service is the coffee and donuts.
:thumbsup:  Especially when they have those little flavored creamers to go in the coffee!
I don't see how it's disrespectful as it accurately reflects what they cherish and hold dear to their hearts without pussyfooting around or beating around the bush by sugarcoating anything,
Maybe they are a little ashamed of what they are and what they approve...

IMO - I don't think ANYONE likes being refered to in a negative context, and calling someone an 'Eternal Tormenter' isn't going to win you any favors from him/her. Is it what they believe?  Yes, however it's a derrogatory comment towards that person, spoken with a negative slant.  Coming to the conclusion that someone believes in eternal torment is one thing, but referring to them as an ET'er is judging them and putting them into a catagory that's disapproved of by Universalists.  It's not really any different than calling Jehovah's Witnesses "JoHo's" or "Jovi's".  They will take it just as personal as anyone else in an organized religion.

I can say that I know for a fact that people who believe in an everlasting Hell have the same negative slant against people who believe in Universalism.  They may not say much about it to your face (unless they're close friends or family) but they make fun of what Universalists believe, pick it apart and try to rationalize how come what they believe is 'more correct', just in the same way Universalists do with them.

What matters in the end of it all is that when it comes down to it, we're ALL children of God and equally loved by Him... none more than another.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »
Syndicated, I was feeling the same as what you've shared here.  I think we're all guilty from time to time of segregating ourselves from one another due to the boundaries our minds draw in the sand as to who we accept and who we don't.  I've stated this before, but Truth needs no defense.  It doesn't come back void, it has purpose and plan.  We see it, we receive it, we release it into others.  It's not to be filtered or dissected or defended.  It's actually a trigger that releases us from the bondages of our religious selves.

There was a question as to how did our ancestors ever survive with their traditional understanding of life.  For me, it all has to do with what "day" they/we are walking in.  There are 7 total, the first 6 or days of labor, it is the 7th that is so different from the previous 6.  The church has been walking through a 6-day mentality for hundreds and even thousands (6 to be exact) of years.  But the days of labor are over and now, the Sabbath is revealing the truth that the days of labor could not see. 

The church is still walking in that "labor" mentality and that is the veil that keeps them from seeing the true nature and power of Christ.  The good news is, they will see it eventually.  There is no end to the Sabbath.  There is no evening and morning to confine it to any limited timeline.  Did you notice that in Genesis?  The previous 6 days all had dividing lines between them.  "It was evening, it was morning . . .but when it came to the Sabbath, God rested from ALL his labor and there was no more evening and morning.  God's rest is eternal and this world with all it's religious inhabitants are being exposed to this day as we speak . . .they'll come around eventually. 

For the time being, they are still needed due to the fact that these things come by way of progression.  I can't enter into the holy of holies until I first experience the outer court and holy place.  It's all through spiritual order and maturity that we walk in the finished works of the cross.

Offline Dallas

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »
IMO - I don't think ANYONE likes being refered to in a negative context, and calling someone an 'Eternal Tormenter' isn't going to win you any favors from him/her. Is it what they believe?  Yes, however it's a derrogatory comment towards that person, spoken with a negative slant.  Coming to the conclusion that someone believes in eternal torment is one thing, but referring to them as an ET'er is judging them and putting them into a catagory that's disapproved of by Universalists.  It's not really any different than calling Jehovah's Witnesses "JoHo's" or "Jovi's".  They will take it just as personal as anyone else in an organized religion.

I can say that I know for a fact that people who believe in an everlasting Hell have the same negative slant against people who believe in Universalism.  They may not say much about it to your face (unless they're close friends or family) but they make fun of what Universalists believe, pick it apart and try to rationalize how come what they believe is 'more correct', just in the same way Universalists do with them.

What matters in the end of it all is that when it comes down to it, we're ALL children of God and equally loved by Him... none more than another.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely... for Universalists are just "Greasy Gracer's"