Author Topic: The mystery  (Read 829 times)

Offline legoman

The mystery
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
I know I have read this before in a number of articles, here at Tentmaker and elsewhere, but I'm just piecing this one together for myself.  Its funny how the UR message just shows up everywhere.

Romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.  26 And so all Israel will be saved...

Romans 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him— 27to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 1:9 And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

So what is this big mystery?:
- Israel will be saved, but not until:
- the full number of gentiles will come in
- all nations will believe
- the gentiles and Israel share in the promise of Jesus
- namely: Christ will bring all things in heaven and earth to be under his authority

So is anyone left out there?  Anybody here not a gentile or a jew?

Legoman

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: The mystery
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:33 PM »
 :cloud9: Nope..... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

SuzyQ

Re: The mystery
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »

UR is like a strand that just runs right through the Bible. The more I see things from the UR viewpoint the more I realise these things were there all along. I just failed to understand them properly.

Eyes to see, ears to hear ....  :icon_flower:

No, I can't see anyone left out in this picture.  :bigGrin:

Thanks for posting these  :thumbsup: