Author Topic: The LAW!  (Read 21772 times)

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: The LAW!
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »

thanks Graham! It has been nothing but joy :bgdance: to be

here with you all. A great spiritual/love  feast.

pneuma

« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
Hello Pneuma!

I want to thank you for all that you have written....and I also want to say that I AGREE with everything too....I would like to clarify on 2 of my comments.

The statement...."Now what I am learning at this stage in my walk with the Lord is that there is still a dying to the soul ....for the Lord showed me that the old adamic spirit was dead but the old adamic soul is now little by little being conquered by the King."

For me my language right now is that of a toddler....I am one that has not learned any of what I am speaking through books or other's that have written on the new birth...all I can say is what I have experienced...what my Father has wrought within me....I have been a believer for over 20 yrs. but have only been born from above over the last couple of years....for I always thought that the term 'born again' was when a person gave their heart to the Lord....I have a new understanding of that word now....for I see that just as in the natural so too in the Spirit....so what I first thought of as 'born again' I now understand to be 'conception'....then as one is GROWN in the womb through all the processes of Father and DEVELOPS the ears of the spirit, the eyes of the spirit, the hands, the feet....ect of the Spirit...there comes a DAY when the cross has worked such a death that the old adamic spirit dies and the NEW CREATION SPIRIT is born.

This was a very real death for me....and a very real birth.

Yes and amen sis, tis why Paul states

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

That manifestation is the birth or the coming out of the birth canal that the creature is still waiting for. Christ was manifest in the world 2000 years ago and He will be again manifest in the world in His BODY of which we are a part.

Now as to the other comment I made...."I will say this....your argument of Adam laying his life down....is something I believe is true....for no greater love has any man than this but to lay his life down for his friends....this is true AGAPE love....

Adam loved His bride....He didn't want to be departed from her....so he chose to DIE TO SELF so that she would not die alone.

When I used the phrase..."DIE TO SELF"....I was referring to the actual life (physical)....not His *soul*....
and in that respect He did show His love for her in that he gave up his physical life so that she would not die alone...this to me is one of those *secret things* that belong to the Lord for it has not been revealed to me as yet if Adam knew what the consequence of obedience would have been....

I see what you're saying sis but would like to give you something else to think on.

Adam never followed Eve into death (Eve followed Adam into death) for Eve's sin was a sin NOT unto death for she was deceived, whereas Adam not being deceived was openly disobedient, that's why Gods punishment of death that he promised did not come into effect until AFTER Adam ate.

Once again my *language* is still that of a toddler....and I am searching in my vocabulary to bring forth the understanding of the reality that I have learned /experienced thus far in my walk with Him....

Your language is fine sis, we all have need of one another and here is something some people do not seem to understand, THE BODY MUST GROW TOGETHER, no one is above another in Christ, so your language is my language and my language is your language for ALL of HIS body has ONE language and will be birthed at the SAME TIME for He will have a PERFECT BODY without form or wrinkle.

God bless

DaughterofDavid

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:10 PM »
Thank you Pnuema for all that you shared...

You have given me some things to ponder on....and am grateful.

Blessings to you,
DoD

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
Great post, Zeek! Much to think on there...
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
the law is the rules that apply to the house of Israel and not to any Gentile i.e. me.
Transgression of the above laws (All 640 of them) is Sin which only pays out Spiritual Separation from life ( God )  Equals Death.
I am a Gentile and don't follow Law and Because I am not a follower of Law I transgress no law, no sin, and No Death because I have my life IN the new life that is in Jesus, God's Christ
Hartley Damboise II @ sinfree@gmx.com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:47:26 PM by Lee Damboise »

Tim B

« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2009, 06:06:25 AM »
To me the law is just there because people don't yet know what love is and what it means TO LOVE.

Example:

LAW: If you are married, do not sleep with other men.

ME: I love my husband and would lay down my life for him, I love him THAT much. Of COURSE I don't need some law telling me not to sleep with other men! The thought would never even enter into my mind.

The law does not apply to me, in that, LOVE has already kicked that law to the curb. It is not needed.
I do not need a law that tells me to do something dishonorable to the one that I love.

A lot of people get really zoned in on sin. They turn sin into a god. It's true. The law becomes some sort of god to them. How foolish.

What did Jesus come here for in the first place?
To show us the way.
LOVE.

The more you love, the less NEED you have for law....
The law is here to help us see our NEED to LEARN about LOVE.
The more you love, TRULY UNSELFISHLY LOVE, the less you need someone telling you what TO DO and what NOT TO DO... it will be written on your heart.

I don't see why it has to be any more complicated than that.
But that's just me.
I know I'm still the girl on the outside peering in...
I don't know the language.
and that's ok.
I'm ok with that.

peace.

Wow. I think that might just be the best thing I've ever read on the law. It's so simple, but it makes perfect sense, AND I don't think it contradicts anything.
 :goodpost:

bobf

« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2009, 06:52:06 AM »
The law does not apply to me, in that, LOVE has already kicked that law to the curb. It is not needed.

Wow. I think that might just be the best thing I've ever read on the law. It's so simple, but it makes perfect sense, AND I don't think it contradicts anything.
 :goodpost:

Yeah, great post sparrow.  And I think very scriptural.  Once faith comes "which worketh by love" we are no longer under the schoomaster.  As sparrow puts it... does not apply, kicked to the curb by love, not needed.

• Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

• Galations 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2009, 07:56:29 AM »
 :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:

:happy3:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2009, 06:59:52 PM »
 :cloud9: Good post, Sparrow..... :thumbsup: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »
I think we all are "jacob" at times in our lives... We all wrestle, we all work for LABAN (who is a sheep shearer) = makes money off the flock, and worships many gods (false beliefs), I call Laban RELIGION --- He tricks you into marrying the one you don't want to marry (LEAH) = THE LAW... which gives birth to TEN SONS (the commandments) -- ALSO Leah, has poor eyesight (understanding)

When you WORK (self efforts) for LABAN (Religion) who marry (Become One) with LEAH (poor understanding and the law)

But isn't it interesting that we ALL have our time with LABAN... and eventually we find our TRUE LOVE RACHEL... You see the LAW is our schoolmaster and it LEADS US TO CHRIST... And when we finally leave LABAN (religion) we bring both our wives (THE LAW AND CHRIST) with us.

Don't know if any of this makes any sense, but it sure was fun to think about. Peace

Quoting Jacob/Israel from Wisefire

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
 :cloud9: I like it RLV  :thumbsup: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

Lovely post,Sparrow.  :HeartThrob:

Carlene, loved it. :HeartThrob:  Gonna have to start calling you

BRIGHTEYES!!

Sheila

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2011, 05:55:04 AM »