Author Topic: The Grief Of The Good Shepherd  (Read 619 times)

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
The Grief Of The Good Shepherd
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:09 AM »
This poem is for those who believe that most of mankind will be lost forever:

"What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he finds it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" Luke 15:4-7.   Some time after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Heavens ask "Where are you going Good Shepherd? The Good Shepherd answers "To find my sheep. How far will you go? As far as my sheep. How far may that be? To the world's end. How long will you seek them? Until I find them. When you find them, will they come to you? No they will flee from me. Where will they go then? To the rocks and the sand. When will they stop running? When they can run no more. What will you do then? Carry them home" J Preston Eby.
Eons or ages later, the Heavens preparing to rejoice at the Consummation, find the Good Shepherd and the Saints kneeling at the edge of a great chasm. They are grief stricken and weeping uncontrollaby. The Heavens ask "O Good Shepherd, why are You and the Saints smitten with grief and crying so? Shouldn't this be a time of great rejoicing"? The Good Shepherd, with a weak and trembling voice replies "My sheep are gone; they are lost forever". The Heavens ask "But Good Shepherd, didn't you say you would go after your lost sheep until you found them"? The Good Shepherd replies "You dont understand; I cannot find my lost sheep now. The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords has cast my lost sheep into the lake of fire!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:16:09 AM by rjohnson741 »
"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalm 145:9

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: The Grief Of The Good Shepherd
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
After the end of the first part, it doesn't make sense to me that "eons or ages later" the divider in your post it states that the good shephard is weeping over what the king of kings has done yet, they are one and the same and you have different end results from the first part to the last. I'm probably missing something here.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
After the end of the first part, it doesn't make sense to me that "eons or ages later" the divider in your post it states that the good shephard is weeping over what the king of kings has done yet, they are one and the same and you have different end results from the first part to the last. I'm probably missing something here.

Hi Ded2daworld. I believe in the salvation of all, and this poem doesn't make sense sense to me either, and I wrote this poem!! This poem is for those who believe in eternal punishment to think about. If eternal punishment is true, how can Jesus Christ, as the Good Shepherd make a promise to save the lost, then later on as The King of Kings and Lord of Lords, cast and abandon the lost to the lake of fire forever? I'm just trying to show the absurdity of eternal punishment. Blessings to you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:12:05 AM by rjohnson741 »
"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalm 145:9

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »
Since the first line of the post said, "This poem is for those who believe that most of mankind will be lost forever."
I shouldn't have even read it :laugh:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
This poem is for those who believe that most of mankind will be lost forever. "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he finds it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" Luke 15:4-7.   Some time after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Heavens ask "Where are you going Good Shepherd? The Good Shepherd answers "To find my sheep. How far will you go? As far as my sheep. How far may that be? To the world's end. How long will you seek them? Until I find them. When you find them, will they come to you? No they will flee from me. Where will they go then? To the rocks and the sand. When will they stop running? When they can run no more. What will you do then? Carry them home" J Preston Eby.  Eons or ages later, the Heavens preparing to rejoice at the Consummation, find the Good Shepherd and the Saints kneeling at the edge of a great chasm. They are grief stricken and weeping uncontrollaby. The Heavens ask "O Good Shepherd, why are You and the Saints smitten with grief and crying so? Shouldn't this be a time of great rejoicing"? The Good Shepherd, with a weak and trembling voice replies "My sheep are gone; they are lost forever". The Heavens ask "But Good Shepherd, didn't you say you would go after your lost sheep until you found them"? The Good Shepherd replies "You dont understand; I cannot find my lost sheep now. The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords has cast my lost sheep into the lake of fire!!!

Ohhh Nooooo! The King of Kings part of me is at war with the Great Shepherd part of me and While I waffled in indecisison, The Lord of Lords part of me THREW MY SHEEP AWAY to a place SO FAR EVEN I CAN"T GET THERE.

But wait. I made that place!

But wait. Can I throw farther than I can reach?

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL THE "WISDOM OF GOD" PART OF ME SO I CAN IRON ALL THIS OUT!!!!

Whew, it's hard being me!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com