Author Topic: Technically speaking  (Read 620 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Technically speaking
« on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »

What is the difference between the spirit that was in Adam and the Spirit that is in Christ?

PaoloNuevo

Re: Technically speaking
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
1 Corinthians 15:45 (New International Version, 2010)

45 So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11 (New International Version, 2010)

11 For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

---

Adam's spirit, or his thoughts his whole mindset and worldview were limited and did not have the perfection and maturity of the Spirit of God, that is in Christ... I think God created Adam in his image and likeness yet Adam was also endowed with the dark potentials of creation to rebel. To shun the innocence and bliss that would have been theirs with Eve had he not fallen.

But God allowed Adam to fall so that later on Christ can undo the damage, and through Jesus Christ "the many" who are very susceptible to the same tendencies, ("the many, all men condemened through Adam) and hence all end up in bondage and death can be perfected into the righteousness of Jesus Christ eventually.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Technically speaking
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
 :cloud9: As always, we're in sync ;)......He's got me studying Adam and the garden again the last few days, after a new revelation. I'll share more once I understand it myself. :winkgrin: Lots of digging in the Hebrew going on over here...... :laughing7:

However, technically speaking, I don't think the Spirit itself was "different" in the sense of being a different spirit, but rather what that Spirit formed in Adam was different in form and function. A soul is a receptacle FOR the Spirit, and that soul was given life to make it a living soul, but not a life-giving spirit. I'm seeing things I don't yet have the words for. More later down the road......Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor