Author Topic: suicide  (Read 1319 times)

Andromeda_Organa

suicide
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
What happens to the souls of people who commit suicide? I've been having thoughts of it today, and I'm afraid that one day I will go through with it and won't be able to stop myself.  :sigh: The only thing that's kept me from doing it is the teaching that I'll go to Hell if I do it.

martincisneros

Re: suicide
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:13:21 AM »
Only getting closer to Christ can get rid of those feelings.  Victimizing your body would only make you regret that you did to it worse than someone else had already done years earlier.  The pain doesn't stop with self mutilation, an abundance of body piercings or burning yourself, or any kind of self hating activity.  Scaring/scarring (sp?) yourself won't make it go away.  Sometimes with these feelings there's a loathing of self, either your appearance, what you've done, or missed opportunities.  Other times, it's just feeling like you can't cope any more and are deeply overwhelmed.  I'm not sure if you experience some of what I've described or most of it, or something entirely different.  But these aren't feelings that are new or original to you.  Others have had them and they don't make you a bad person. 

Usually the more special ones winds up going through this.  You regret the day of your birth and wish you'd "wake up dead."  But, you're you, with or without the body.  Harming yourself because you think that nobody understands or out of some desire to see if you can feel anything at all during emotionally depleted moments isn't the answer.  You are a very needed person in this life.  You can make the difference in the lives of countless people that you've always wanted to make.  And as you press into a deeper, fuller relationship with Christ Jesus, you can be a part of rescuing others out of this same Hell hole that you're in sometimes/many times/all of the time.  Don't compare yourself or your level of happiness to that of anyone else.  You're not a bad person for feeling drained or self loathing.  Christ Jesus shed His Blood through a crown of thorns to redeem your brain and your mind from this frequent nightmare that happens in your soul where you're longing for death, but death seems to flee from you.

You're going to make it and you're going to change this world through the power of Jesus Christ and don't let anyone tell you any differently, okay?  It's worth it to get to where you're going.  Tough it out with the example of Jesus Christ clearly in view.  Don't give up.  If you give up, who is there to help all of the people that you were meant to help?  Then you leave them in their Hell and prolong their agony if you give up.  You don't want to do that, although I understand the feeling of not wanting to hurt any more.  It's all birthpangs related to your destiny to fix everything that's wrong in the areas that have been on your heart.  Never pull away and never let go.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:15:21 AM by martincisneros »

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 05:37:17 AM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know the areas I've been called to modify- oppression of women. I write about alternate realities set in matriarchies, and both the works I'm going to publish and the ones that I won't are powerful weapons for inspiring women. Your message means so much to me, martin, and yes, I think we've probably been through the same things.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »
Concerned, just not a lot to add to what Martin said.  Stand firm..."No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it". I Corinthians 10:13.

The passion for your calling is special, and most cannot, nor are gifted, to do it.  Each part of His body is important, and it sounds as if you have some things to do  :thumbsup:.  God's blessing, James.

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »
Concerned, just not a lot to add to what Martin said.  Stand firm..."No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it". I Corinthians 10:13.

The passion for your calling is special, and most cannot, nor are gifted, to do it.  Each part of His body is important, and it sounds as if you have some things to do  :thumbsup:.  God's blessing, James.

Thanks. My first book is being published in December of '09, and it's all about what I just described. And I have other books (not being published) about these same issues too :D