Author Topic: Spiritual false Christs?  (Read 628 times)

Offline Aleax

• Est
  • Dear God, I have a problem, it's Me.
    • Is Hell eternal? Or will God's plan fail?
Spiritual false Christs?
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »
Mark 13:22 (NASB)

"for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect."

I understand this means false Christs in flesh, first and foremost. Thousands of people worldwide have declared to be Jesus Christ. I know of at least one who has even gone as far as having himself crucified. Maybe there are even more.

But can there be spiritual false Christs? I'm asking because ET believers sometimes accuse us of having "different gospel and different Jesus." Heh, I wonder what percentage of one's theology needs to be correct to have the right gospel and the right Jesus? 50% ? 70% ? Or, if one only gets the very basic fundamental things right, is that enough?

My question is simply: If I pray to Jesus, can I trust my prayers go to the real Jesus?
Behold, I make a few things new.

The Plan of The Ages: God's Unfailing Love Revealed in the Cross

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Spiritual false Christs?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
Quote from: Aleax
My question is simply: If I pray to Jesus, can I trust my prayers go to the real Jesus?

Yes.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »
 :cloud9: Yes. God looks on the motive of the heart. He said if you ask for a fish, He won't give you a serpent.  :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:29:13 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »
:cloud9: Yes. God looks on the motive of the heart. He said is you ask for a fish, He won't give you a serpent.  :icon_flower:

Good answer, I like it  :bigGrin: