Author Topic: Sodom will be restored?  (Read 2293 times)

sscoulter

Sodom will be restored?
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:31 AM »
Hello all,

Can somebody point me to the scripture where it says Sodom will be restored? I can't seem to find it, and I thouht sure I had seen it before.

Thanks,

S

Offline Raggedy Anne

Re: Sodom will be restored?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:59:53 AM »
I think it is in chapter 16 of the book of Ezekiel.
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

sscoulter

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:09:08 AM »
Thanks!

Offline tm55

• Reg
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:50 AM »
In case you're interested, here's what Christian Universalist A.P. Adams had to say, back in 1885, about Sodom's restoration:

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/SpiritOfTheWord/021Sodom.htm

Adams points out that Sodom is a unique situation in that they had no survivors.  Therefore, to say that Sodom will be restored (as Ezekiel 16:53-55 clearly does) carries a lot more weight than to say that, for instance, Egypt or Assyria will be restored.  It pretty much has to mean that the very individuals who died in God's fiery judgment of the city will be restored.  Which strongly suggests that all will ultimately be saved.

IceDash

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:38:48 AM »
but goromah sin't saved or restored...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »
but goromah sin't saved or restored...

Would be odd if the other 4 cities were treated differently than Sodom....
Same sin, same punishment, same restoration.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:12:24 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

sscoulter

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
So I was reading this passage which speaks of Sodom being restored, and I was doing so while being admittedly skeptical. It seems that it may be speaking figuratively, or so I thought. Then, I read on....

60"Nevertheless, I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.

61"Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both your older and your younger; and I will give them to you as daughters, but not because of your covenant.

62"Thus I will establish My covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD,

63so that you may remember and be ashamed and never open your mouth anymore because of your humiliation, when I have forgiven you for all that you have done," the Lord GOD declares.

Wow, wow my brothers. What an amazing God we serve!

Peace.

S

Offline chuckt

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
So I was reading this passage which speaks of Sodom being restored, and I was doing so while being admittedly skeptical. It seems that it may be speaking figuratively, or so I thought. Then, I read on....

60"Nevertheless, I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.

61"Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both your older and your younger; and I will give them to you as daughters, but not because of your covenant.

62"Thus I will establish My covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD,

63so that you may remember and be ashamed and never open your mouth anymore because of your humiliation, when I have forgiven you for all that you have done," the Lord GOD declares.

Peace.

S

:bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance: :happy3: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance:  :bgdance: :bgdance: :bgdance:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:56:21 PM by chuckt »

IceDash

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:50:17 AM »

Peace.

S

Question: Didn't God said in the future that we will not remember former thing? Now I am confused, we will remember our old sins? I thought God wipe out anything we can remember former thing for new things is coming....I don't get it.

SpiritDriven

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »
Quite Simple really....
The secret is to Trust God, Sodom and her Sisters will be restored, but their Sins will never be remembered by anybody.
As the Sins of everybody will never be remembered...

Peace