Author Topic: So, I discussed UR with the mother of one of my friends...  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: So, I discussed UR with the mother of one of my friends...
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
Great thread!

What kind of mystery is it to think that Christ is coming back only for those who invited him into their hearts?  The mystery for me is, that even those who don't acknowledge him are still redeemed regardless of what their mind has convinced them.  Now "that's" a mystery.

Offline legoman

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
Yes that is a mystery indeed!  Even though I know the final outcome "all saved", how it all will happen is a mystery.

Do a search on "mystery" on biblegateway and you will find some great verses.  I always found it curious that it was called "Mystery Babylon" in Rev... I guess the ETers have thier own "mystery" too...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 09:19:57 PM »
Yes that is a mystery indeed!  Even though I know the final outcome "all saved", how it all will happen is a mystery.

Do a search on "mystery" on biblegateway and you will find some great verses.  I always found it curious that it was called "Mystery Babylon" in Rev... I guess the ETers have thier own "mystery" too...

For me, the Babylon part is the part in us that is at emnity against God . .the carnality in us . . .and as such, it takes truth and clouds it up so that it becomes more of a mystery than a reality.  Thus, the title "Mystery Babylon"  As my mind traduces (definition of devil again) the Truth of the Word, it takes simple truths and complicates them . . it does the opposite of John the Baptist's message, it takes straight roads and makes them crooked, and it takes flat plains and makes mountain ranges out of them.  The devil as the traditional church paints him out to be, has nothing to do with it . .it's the devil processing within me that mystifies life into darkness. 

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now . . .

:soap: :soap:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
Stay on that soapbox Brother. Tis a good one. Seeing into Gods world, the spiritual, is very mysterious yet it feels good as it becomes ones home.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »
Stay on that soapbox Brother. Tis a good one. Seeing into Gods world, the spiritual, is very mysterious yet it feels good as it becomes ones home.

cp

So true, So true...It feels sooooooo good..they mystery of it all......

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »
Great thread!

What kind of mystery is it to think that Christ is coming back only for those who invited him into their hearts?  The mystery for me is, that even those who don't acknowledge him are still redeemed regardless of what their mind has convinced them.  Now "that's" a mystery.

Yes....Regardless of what they think.......another mystery!!!.......Well, I guess it is not...it is LOVE!!!

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
and she thought I was wrong. xD She claimed that she used to believe in UR, but then decided that after reading Romans and such that she didn't agree with it anymore. She said she believed in the elect. I asked, if God wants all to be saved and is fully capable of saving all men (and she agreed he was capable of saving all men), why doesn't he save all men? She said she didn't know and implied that this was a question only God knows the answer to. So, the whole situation wasn't too bad, I tried to respect her, and I would say I did (I didn't raise my voice or go crazy and remained polite the entire time), but then she started pressing religion down my friends throat and that made me angry. She also quoted the Bible to prove the Bible's accuracy (while talking to my friend), which is, of course, also known as begging the question and is known as a logical fallacy. I still remained polite, but part of me wishes I would have stood up a little more against her brain washing. It was sad too, because her daughter recently became an atheist, and it's no wonder. I would too if I had to deal with her mother (or at least, I feel like I would)!!

Stupid doctrine of unending separation of God. Stupid ONLY the elect get saved doctrine. Stupid belief that God preordains people to be lost forever.

Oh, and on a side note: despite supposedly studying Hebrew and (perhaps) Greek, she didn't know anything about there being "age-lasting"/"age-during" within the Bible which is translated from the word aion and aionios. She might have studied it, but if she did, she missed a VERY IMPORTANT meaning of a word/words.

She doesn't believe in UR because she read Romans:mshock:  Romans is one of the most universalistic books in the NT!
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Tim B

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »
and she thought I was wrong. xD She claimed that she used to believe in UR, but then decided that after reading Romans and such that she didn't agree with it anymore. She said she believed in the elect. I asked, if God wants all to be saved and is fully capable of saving all men (and she agreed he was capable of saving all men), why doesn't he save all men? She said she didn't know and implied that this was a question only God knows the answer to. So, the whole situation wasn't too bad, I tried to respect her, and I would say I did (I didn't raise my voice or go crazy and remained polite the entire time), but then she started pressing religion down my friends throat and that made me angry. She also quoted the Bible to prove the Bible's accuracy (while talking to my friend), which is, of course, also known as begging the question and is known as a logical fallacy. I still remained polite, but part of me wishes I would have stood up a little more against her brain washing. It was sad too, because her daughter recently became an atheist, and it's no wonder. I would too if I had to deal with her mother (or at least, I feel like I would)!!

Stupid doctrine of unending separation of God. Stupid ONLY the elect get saved doctrine. Stupid belief that God preordains people to be lost forever.

Oh, and on a side note: despite supposedly studying Hebrew and (perhaps) Greek, she didn't know anything about there being "age-lasting"/"age-during" within the Bible which is translated from the word aion and aionios. She might have studied it, but if she did, she missed a VERY IMPORTANT meaning of a word/words.

She doesn't believe in UR because she read Romans:mshock:  Romans is one of the most universalistic books in the NT!

Well, even if it didn't fully convince her, she seemed to indicate, at the very least, that it influenced her. And yes, Romans does seem to be very universalistic in my opinion as well!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »
I'll play around with these, thanks. 

Formerly known as GodTube: http://www.tangle.com/
A youtube with only Christian content.
Far less known so likely far less blocked...
- Videos: http://www.tangle.com/video?category=added_today
- Music: http://www.tangle.com/music
- Ministries: http://www.tangle.com/ministry

(if it's unblocked) this site might be a best first choice for posting here???
Just my
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
 :thumbsup:   :ty:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

preistsplace

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
Isn't it incredible, that when God gives us just a little bit more glimpse of Him and His PLAN, how everything starts fitting together.  Including His majesty, sovereignty, some of the "why's" of things.  As a witness, He gave me this;

Romans 5:8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

4:19 We love him, because he first loved us

God conquers all things with his amazing love,when he found me I was not "worthy" I did not know or love him but when I saw that after all I had done and thought that he still loved me I could not still be the same person I was before.When he shows you who he is its the love that changes you brings you to tears and makes you humble yourself before him.Because he loved me In a way that i could not love I loved him all the more....