Author Topic: small differences  (Read 1239 times)

Offline anti_nietzsche

• Snr
small differences
« on: July 09, 2008, 05:05:59 AM »
I recently had a revealing dream.

I was in my village, and there was a war of sorts. I wanted to go to church, but on my way there came some kind of moon vehicle, like the russians put on the moon.

I interpreted the dream like this: I may believe in UR, but I should not believe in it atheistically, as if man could save himself. Instead, God saves, through Jesus.

Being a humanist has been a big temptation in my life. But humanism's wrong - humanity cannot save itself, from itself. We need God in our life.

For God is not only the Saviour of individuals, He is the Saviour of mankind as a whole. Nobody left behind. Nobody damned to ET.

martincisneros

Re: small differences
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:17:50 AM »
Funny how you should mention a dream.  This must be a season of dreams, visions, and unusual Visitations.  Jesus is the only way, as you've said.  He'll show that to everyone really soon.

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
All glory and praise be unto the Lamb!   :icon_flower:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

adam

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
For God is not only the Saviour of individuals, He is the Saviour of mankind as a whole. Nobody left behind

Yes!  Christ is both the personal saviour talked about by the Baptists and the universal saviour of the Catholics.

His love conquers all!

Offline Universalist Catholic

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »
I recently had a revealing dream.

I was in my village, and there was a war of sorts. I wanted to go to church, but on my way there came some kind of moon vehicle, like the russians put on the moon.

I interpreted the dream like this: I may believe in UR, but I should not believe in it atheistically, as if man could save himself. Instead, God saves, through Jesus.

Being a humanist has been a big temptation in my life. But humanism's wrong - humanity cannot save itself, from itself. We need God in our life.

For God is not only the Saviour of individuals, He is the Saviour of mankind as a whole. Nobody left behind. Nobody damned to ET.
In a sense, Humanism focuses on human needs, and puts them at a state of higher importance.  Now I dont agree with Secular Humanism, based on the idea that Man is the measure of all things.  But the bible does teach that at the very beginning, God saw all of his creation as being good.  Plus man was created in Gods image.  Unfortunately, most world religions have in some way taught degrading doctrines.  One Middle Eastern culture taught that humans were made to be slaves to the gods.  We have witnessed the Caste system in Hinduism, and the Evangelical teaching that we were born evil, and that we were deserving of nothing more than unending punishment.  Jesus was probably one of the greatest humanitarians.  He performed revolutions for the belittled and opressed, while the Pharisees acted all mean to the lowly.  Unfortunately this pharisaic attitude was revived back in the Middle Ages, where the priests and other "Holier than thou" leaders would degrade others not like them.  The Protestants did the same thing.  Rennaissance Humanism developed sort of as a rebellion against the demands of the Church, and answering the deeper questions about why we were here.  The Churches taught that you were to agree with them, and behave as they wanted you to, or incur unending torment for all eternity.  Did not seem like much of a purpose.  Too shallowly legalistic.  I do agree with a more Christian based Humanism, that teaches that God has a plan for all of us to come to him, and no one would ever be lost.  That seems more biblical to me.  But the Churches teach these degrading doctrines of moral depravity, and their legalistic denomination sanctioned way to salvation.