Author Topic: The bad news? Luke 2:8-11  (Read 958 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
The bad news? Luke 2:8-11
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
When Jesus was born, the angel told the shepherds that they should not be afraid.
The angel did not say they should not be afraid... as long as they trusted in God before they died.
The angel brought good news of great joy for all people.
The angel did not say the good news was for a select few and to hell with the rest of those pagan , heathen, non-believing haters of God... like we all used to be.
The angel announced the birth of a savior.
Not a savior of less than 20% of all humanity but a savior that was "the lamb of God" that took away the sins of the whole world. If only a select few were ultimately saved, the angel was really bringing bad news for the majority of mankind.

Hallelujah what a savior!
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

PaoloNuevo

Re: The bad news? Luke 2:8-11
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »
AMEN!!  :thumbsup:

Luke 3:6 (Young's Literal Translation)

and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:06:27 PM by PaoloNuevo »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:07:11 PM »
PN, you don't even have to quote a UR Bible for this verse.
I just checked 20+ translations and all translate the verse 100% the same. (one uses humanity and one uses Elohim)
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »
 :cloud9: AMEN
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Quaesitor

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
The damned are allowed to look at me before being thrown in the lake of fire.
 :laughing7:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
Q, are you sure they don't just jump in?   :icon_jokercolor:

Back to PN's verse.
How can it ETifried?
I see nothing that can be twisted into a the elect like the use of a word like "especially".
The only thing I can think of is that the damned see the saved ones roasting marshmallows on the shore of the lake  :flamebreath: :heat:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:22:52 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 01:48:34 AM »

Back to PN's verse.
How can it ETifried?
I see nothing that can be twisted into a the elect liek the use of a word like "especially".
The only thing I can think of is that the damned see the saved ones roasting marshmallows on the shore of the lake

Yes, I know Luke 3: 6 pretty much says the same thing be it the NIV or the NLT (NLT has severely distorted 1 Cor. 15: 22, check it out)

However, ED'-ers say that the definition of "all" is simply all nations without distinction, not "all individuals." Same with 1 Tim. 2: 4, as you've mentioned in a previous post, they have problems with the definition of "all".

ED MODE:  Even with an eternal hell the gospel is still good news!! Because it means by putting your trust in Jesus you no longer have to go there.. You no longer have to go there! Oh Praise the Lord!  :dontknow: :dontknow:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:54:33 AM by PaoloNuevo »

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 03:56:49 AM »
When Jesus was born, the angel told the shepherds that they should not be afraid.
The angel brought good news of great joy for all people.

May the soft, gentle, light of God illuminate His infinite smile of love, laughter and peace in every precious moment of life.

peacemaker

giftsimple

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
What harm can sin and death then do?

The true God now abides with you.

Let hell and Satan rage and chafe,

Christ is your Brother - ye are safe!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 06:09:56 AM »
 :cloud9: Hiya.....long time no see...... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 06:18:20 AM »
 :thumbsup: :bigGrin:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23