Author Topic: Repentance After Death?  (Read 3459 times)

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
Repentance After Death?
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:20:17 AM »
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" Revelation 22:17. The book of Revelation is a book about the past, present, and future. The Spirit of course is Jesus Christ, and the bride is the church in the present, and the glorified church in the future. Revelation 22:17 is an invitation to come to Christ now and in the future. There is no expiration date on this invitation, because the water of life is inside New Jerusalem, and the gates of this city are always open(Revelation 21:25) just like the doors of the church are always open today. Also the word of God endures always(1Peter 1:23-25). Now who is this invitation for? It's not for the church, because the Spirit and the bride(the church who are believers) are proclaiming this invitation together. And the church(believers) are inside the city and have already taken the water of life. So the invitation must be for those on the "outside" of the city. And whose on the "outside" of the city?---The unbelievers(Revelation 21:8; Revelation 22:15). Since there is no expiration date on this invitation, the invitation will continue for as long as there is someone in need of the water of life. So praise God---UNBELIEVERS CAN REPENT AND COME TO CHRIST AFTER DEATH!!! Jesus Christ truly is the Savior of the world. Blessings.
"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalm 145:9

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Repentance After Death?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" Revelation 22:17. The book of Revelation is a book about the past, present, and future. The Spirit of course is Jesus Christ, and the bride is the church in the present, and the glorified church in the future. Revelation 22:17 is an invitation to come to Christ now and in the future. There is no expiration date on this invitation, because the water of life is inside New Jerusalem, and the gates of this city are always open(Revelation 21:25) just like the doors of the church are always open today. Also the word of God endures always(1Peter 1:23-25). Now who is this invitation for? It's not for the church, because the Spirit and the bride(the church who are believers) are proclaiming this invitation together. And the church(believers) are inside the city and have already taken the water of life. So the invitation must be for those on the "outside" of the city. And whose on the "outside" of the city?---The unbelievers(Revelation 21:8; Revelation 22:15). Since there is no expiration date on this invitation, the invitation will continue for as long as there is someone in need of the water of life. So praise God---UNBELIEVERS CAN REPENT AND COME TO CHRIST AFTER DEATH!!! Jesus Christ truly is the Savior of the world. Blessings.

Amen, good word.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:17:48 AM »
Leaves for healing of the nations....

The timing is of importance too. It happens after Jesus returned with New Jerusalem.
Does that help in the UR/ET debate?
Not really because teh offer stands until death."
After death comes judgement....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:25:33 AM »

The timing is of importance too. It happens after Jesus returned with New Jerusalem.
Not really because the offer stands until death."

One view is, that is already after death/resurrection, as it's in the next age...

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:54:57 AM »

Not really because teh offer stands until death."
After death comes judgement....
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Hi WhiteWings. Your comment "Not really because the offer stand until death. After death comes judgment". Where does it say anywhere in Revelation or the Bible that the offer stands until death? Are you saying death voids the invitation of Revelation 22:17? I can't find any scriptures that say that. Besides, the gates of New Jerusalem are always open(Revelation 21:25), therefore there is no "until death" or expiration date on the invitation. Also judgment works in harmony with the invitation of Revelation 22:17---"For when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness" Isaiah 26:9.  Blessings to you.     
"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalm 145:9

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 06:38:55 AM »
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.  The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him." (1 Peter 318-22 KJV)

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." (1 Peter 46 KJV)

This seems to clearly teach word that quickens the spirit to life can come forth and affect those whose flesh has died but yet are existing as spirits in hades.  Certainly in the Lazarus and the rich man parabolic story the rich man went though a change of mind and heart to be so concerned for his brothers.  (We really need to give more heed to how we can relieve the suffering of others we come into contact with on our path.  We have good works preordained for us to do in our assigned path.)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:16 AM »
In the 2nd chapter of Jonah (according to the KJV) Jonah died and went to hell for ever.  Then it was he remembered the Lord, changed his mind, agreeing to do what he had vowed.  The recognition of this chapter in the Bible can change people's view on the salvation of all.  I think I met one who was so affected.  It certainly causes many of the average church-goers to fall silent.  Some "leaders" have an argument around it, that Jonah didn't actually die.  He only thought he did.  Only that makes Jonah a liar and a false prophet.  It also has a sort of obvious complication that should tip off those sensitized to the truth:  men telling us what God meant to say.  (Many don't seem to see how incompetent their tradition makes out God to be.)

[1] Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, [2] And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [and] thou heardest my voice. [3] For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. [4] Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. [5] The waters compassed me about, [even] to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. [6] I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars [was] about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. [7] When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. [8] They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. [9] But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay [that] that I have vowed. Salvation [is] of the LORD. [10] And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry [land]. (Jon 2:1-10 KJV)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:19 AM »
In the 2nd chapter of Jonah (according to the KJV) Jonah died and went to hell for ever.  Then it was he remembered the Lord, changed his mind, agreeing to do what he had vowed.  The recognition of this chapter in the Bible can change people's view on the salvation of all. 

:thumbsup:

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »
For me, the verse in Revelations about the gate always being open was some of the strongest evidence that there is indeed repentance after death.  I must say the thought of serving, counseling, loving those outside of the gates into the gates is very appealing to me. 

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:55 AM »
IMO, as long as we continue to translate the word as judgment rather than "a decision, for or against", people can't see how it is possible, if the word is just translated as is, it reads "after death comes decision" our decision to repent or not, some may not, simply because they do not even understand repentance (which is to think differently) but again we know that all will come to the knowledge of the truth and that is done by God drawing them unto himself.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »
For me, the verse in Revelations about the gate always being open was some of the strongest evidence that there is indeed repentance after death.  I must say the thought of serving, counseling, loving those outside of the gates into the gates is very appealing to me.

:thumbsup:  I believe that's a huge part of the elect being saved now.  One "obscure" definition I read one time of ekklesia was, "set aside, for a purpose"!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:41:58 AM by jabcat »

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
IMO, as long as we continue to translate the word as judgment rather than "a decision, for or against", people can't see how it is possible, if the word is just translated as is, it reads "after death comes decision" our decision to repent or not, some may not, simply because they do not even understand repentance (which is to think differently) but again we know that all will come to the knowledge of the truth and that is done by God drawing them unto himself.

A definition of "judgement" that was given to me is: "Setting things right."  David prayed, "Judge me, O God."

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »

A definition of "judgement" that was given to me is: "Setting things right."  David prayed, "Judge me, O God."

When we look at that statement by David, are we both seeing it as "set me right, O God"? That it is not us who decides what is truth, it is a matter of God reveals the truth to us and we agree with it, setting us right from our own way of thinking (our old self) into His way of thinking (the new self, that of becoming like Christ). And it is not a new way of thinking for God, but it is for us since we have only understood our own (our own truth, by what we understand) up to the point of it (His truth) being revealed to us by God and He not only understands His truth, He "KNOWS" it to be truth.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »

EXCELLENT! Amen.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

EXCELLENT! Amen.

wait a second, wait a second.

How can unbelievers repent after death if the dead know nothing?

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
In the 2nd chapter of Jonah (according to the KJV) Jonah died and went to hell for ever.  Then it was he remembered the Lord, changed his mind, agreeing to do what he had vowed.  The recognition of this chapter in the Bible can change people's view on the salvation of all.  I think I met one who was so affected.  It certainly causes many of the average church-goers to fall silent.  Some "leaders" have an argument around it, that Jonah didn't actually die.  He only thought he did.  Only that makes Jonah a liar and a false prophet.  It also has a sort of obvious complication that should tip off those sensitized to the truth:  men telling us what God meant to say.  (Many don't seem to see how incompetent their tradition makes out God to be.)

[1] Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, [2] And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [and] thou heardest my voice. [3] For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. [4] Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. [5] The waters compassed me about, [even] to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. [6] I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars [was] about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. [7] When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. [8] They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. [9] But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay [that] that I have vowed. Salvation [is] of the LORD. [10] And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry [land]. (Jon 2:1-10 KJV)

"In the 2nd chapter of Jonah (according to the KJV) Jonah died and went to hell for ever. "

Jon 2:2  And he saith: I called, because of my distress, to Jehovah, And He doth answer me, From the belly of sheol(hades, hell)
 I have cried, Thou hast heard my voice.

Psa 139:8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell(sheol, hades,) behold, thou art there.

I ask did David die as well?  I don' believe so.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »

EXCELLENT! Amen.

Molly, I really thought you were smarter than that, but I guess not. We, you and I, have great failure to communicate, so in the words of Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 02:36:05 AM »

Here is another aspect of this; Thy will be done on earth "AS" it is in heaven" What is the will of God? His will is that none perish. How is His will accomplished (done)? Through the renewing of the mind (repentance; thinking differently).

And when we understand that God wants His will accomplished (done) on earth "AS" it is in heaven, we understand that His will "IS" accomplished in heaven through the renewing of the mind (repentance; thinking differently) and He wants it accomplished on earth in the same way, with love, forgiveness and compassion towards those who lack this understanding (who are blind to this understanding).

Even if we cannot do anything about getting people to think differently, the Father will, because I do not believe that judgment will come from the Father or Christ, it will come from ourselves towards ourselves when He reveals the truth in all the things that we thought were righteous by our standards but were not righteous by His standards.

Judgment does not have to come from the Father, all He has to do is reveal the truth to us and we become our own judge against ourselves.

My two cents and of course this is my opinion.

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 05:52:58 AM »

EXCELLENT! Amen.

The dead are to be resurrected to face judgment(John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:12).                                                                                                                             

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
RJ,

You just got caught in the eternal "how dead are the dead" battle between Micah and Molly   :punish:
Flee while you stil can!  :LH:

• Gold
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
RJ,

You just got caught in the eternal "how dead are the dead" battle between Micah and Molly   :punish:
Flee while you stil can!  :LH:

HaHa! :dsunny: That is so painfully true :laugh:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

--Heb 2

O, grave, where is thy victory?

I tell you the truth, he who believes in me has everlasting life. Jn 6:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtgAZ2unZIg
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:18:42 PM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
HOW DO YOU READ..'FOR  GOD IS THE GOD OF THE LIVING  FOR ALL MEN LIVE UNTO GOD'

AND THE WORD OF GOD WHICH SAYS  I DO ONLY WHAT I BEHOLD MY FATHER DOING[RESURRECTING THE DEAD TO LIFE.

OPENING EYES AND EARS OF BLIND AND DEAF..CASTING OUT UNCLEAN SPIRITS ETC.

JESUS WITTNESSED HIS FATHER DOING SUCH THINGS IN HEAVEN

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
THE UNMERCIFUL SERVANT

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS LIKE A KING THAT WANTED TO SETTLE ACCOUNTS WITH HIS SERVANTS... A MAN THAT OWED HIM

10,000 TALENTS WAS BROUGHT TO HIM. SINCE HE WAS NOT ABLE TO PAY, THE MASTER ORDERED THAT HE HIS WIFE ANDCHILDREN

BE SOLD TO REPAY THE DEBT.

THE SERVANT FELL ON HIS KNEES AND BEGGED..BE PATEINT WITH ME..AND I WILL PAY BACK EVERYTHING

THE SERVANTS MASTER TOOK PITY ON HIM CANCELED THE DEBT AND LET HIM GO

BUT WHEN HE WENT OUT  HE FOUND ONE OF HIS FELLOW SERVANTS WHO OWED HIM A HUNDRED DENARI, HE GRABBED HIM AND

BEGAN TO CHOKE HIM 'PAY BCK WHAT YOU OWE ME! HE DEMANDED

HIS FELLOW SERVANT FELL TO HIS KNEES AND BEGGED HIM 'BE PATEINT AND I WILL PAY BACK

BUT HE REFUSED, INSTEAD HE WENT OFF AND HAD THE MAN THROWN IN LOF/HELL[OOPS]PRISON UNTIL HE COULD PAY THE DEBT

WHEN THE OTHER SERVANTS SAW WHAT HAPPENED THEY WERE GREATLY DISTRESSED AND WENT AND TOLDTHEIR MASTER

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED

THEN THE MASTER CALLED THE SERVANT IN..YOU WICKED SERVANT..I CANCELED ALL YOUR DEBT[FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS]

BECAUSE YOU BEGGED ME TO[POOR IN SPIRIT NEED MERCY/GRACE TO LIVE]

SHOULDN'T YOU HAVE HAD MERCY ON YOUR FELLOW SERVANTS JUST AS I HAD ON YOU[CANCEL SINS WITH FORGIVENESS

GIVE FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE]

IN ANGER HIS MASTER TURNED HIM OVER TO THE JAILERS TO BE TORTURED[HELL/LOF] UNTIL HE SHOULD PAY BACK ALL HE OWED

THIS IS HOW MY HEAVENLY FA5THER WILL TREAT EACH OF YOU UNLESS YOU FORGIVE YOUR BROTHER FROM YOUR HEART

DANIEL 11;35  SOME OF THE WISE WILL STUMBLE[CHRIST ROCK OF GRACE], SO THAT THEY MAY BE REFINED, PURIFIED AND

MADE SPOTLESS UNTIL THE TIME OF THE END,FOR IT WILL STILL COME AT THE APPOINTED TIME

LUKE 16;8  THE PARABLE OF THE SHREWD MANAQGER

THERE WAS A RICH MAN WHOSE MANAGER WAS ACCUSED OF WASTING HIS POSSESIONS  HE CALLED HIM IN ABOUT IT

AND SAID, GIVE ME AN ACCOUNT OF IT.. YOU'LL NOT BE MY MANAGER ANYMORE

WHAT AM I GOING O DO..I'M LOSING MY AUTHORITY/POSITION  I CAN'T DIG[I'M NOTR IGHTEOUS] AND I'MASHAMED TO BEG.[FOR GRACE ALONE]

.I KNOW WHAT I'LL DO SO I'LL BE ACCEPTED BY THE PEOPLE

SO HE CALLED THEM ALL IN AND LESSENED THE PENALTIES OF THE DEBT

THE MASTER COMMENDED THE DISHONEST MANAGER BECAUSE HE HAD ACTED SHREWDLY

FOR THE PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD ARE MORE SHREWD IN DEALING WITH THEIR OWN KIND THAN ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE LIGHT

USE WORLDLY WEALTH TO GAIN FRIENDS FOR YOURSELF, SO THAT WHEN IT IS GONE YOU WILL BE WELCOMED INTO ETERNAL DWELLINGS

SO, IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TRUSTWORTHY WITH HANDLING WORLDLY WEALTH,WHO WILL TRUST YOU WITH TRUE RICHES

AND IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TRUSTWORTHY WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY[THOSE BOUGHT BY CHRIST WITH HIS BLOOD]

WHO WILL GIVE YOU PROPERTY OF YOUR OWN[FOUND BLAMELESS SPOTLESS AND IN PEACE AT HIS APPEARING WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST]

NO SERVANT AN SERVE TWO MASTERS  EITHER HE WILL HATE THE ONE AND LOVE THE OTHER,OR BE DEVOTED TO THE ONE[SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS]

AND DESPISE[GRACE/FREE GIFT] THE OTHER

NOW RIGHTEOUSNESS IS LIKENED TO SILVER AND GOLD TO PURITY...AND THOSE OF lAODACIA BELEIVE THEY HAVE NEED OF NOTHING AT ALL

dANIEL 3  THE IMAGE OF GOLD AND THE FIERY FURNACE....THOSE WHO WILL NOT FALL DOWN AND WORSHIP THE GOLDEN IMAGE

ARE THREATED TO BE PLACED IN A FIERY FURNACE[LOF/HELL]    LOOK   I SEE 4 MEN WALKING AROUND IN THE FIRE UNBOUND AND UNHARMED

AND THE FOURTH LOOKS LIKE A SON OF THE GODS

CUT DOWN THE TREE OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS BUT LET THE STUMP AND IT'S ROOTS BOUND WITH IRON AND BRONZE REMAIN IN THE GROUND

THE WRITING ON THE WALL   GOD HAS NUMBERED THE DAYS OF YOUR REIGN[OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS]

YOU HAVE BEEN WEIGHED ON THE SCALES AND FOUND WANTING[COME SHORT OF THE GLORY/FREE GIFT OF CHRISTFOR ALL MEN]

VISION OF 4 BEASTS[CARNAL UNDERSTANDING]  KINGDOM/RULERS OF BABYLON WHO ALONG WITH THE HEAD OF GOLD

REPRESENT THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD WHOSE WORKS ARE WICKED..OF WHICH THE STONE NOT CUT OUT BY HUMAN HANDS[GRACE/

CHRIST/FREE GIFT] STRIKES AND PULVERIZES

THE COURT WILL SIT AND HIS POWER WILL BE COMPLETELY TAKEN AWAY AND COMPLETELY DESTROYED FOREVER

i COUNSEL YOU TO BUY FROM ME GOLD REFINED IN THE FIRE[PURITY OF CHRIST AND GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS AS FREE GIFT]

SO YOU CAN BECOME RICH, AND WHITE CLOTHES TO WEAR SO YOU CAN COVER YOUR SHAMEFUL NAKEDNESS

THOSE WHOM I LOVE I REBUKE AND DISCIPLINE

HERE I AM! I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK  IF ANYONE HEARS MY VOICE AND OPENS THE DOOR I WILL COME IN AND EAT WITH HIM

AND HIM WITH ME[JESUS EATS WITH SINNERS THAT HAVE NO RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THEIR OWN]