Author Topic: Receiving a different Spirit.  (Read 2729 times)

Mickiel

Re: Receiving a different Spirit.
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 06:43:25 AM »
You're a natural man that's not perceiving the work of the Spirit as St. Paul said in 1Corinthians.  But if you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to fill you with His Holy Spirit with a genuine heart commitment to do all that He tells you to do, then you can experience and inherit His absolute power right now.  Do you believe that God literally raised Jesus from the dead and have you ever confessed Him as the Lord of your life? 

Do you believe the Scriptures of the New Testament to convey an accurate picture of what Jesus said, did, commanded, and provided?  You can settle this power issue right now once and for all if you'd like.  But have you embraced your Father God as your Daddy?  Do you love Him with all of your heart?  Has Jesus revealed Himself to you?  Can you submit yourself to Him right now to do and to say all that He says and does?  You don't have to wait. 

The Scriptures say that it's not a matter of crossing any type of ocean or ascending into the heavens, but this is as close as your heart and mouth that if you'll confess Jesus as Lord, believing in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, then you will be saved.  For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  You can be made the righteousness of God right this instant because Jesus has already done the hard part in having gone to the Cross.  You've just got to come to Him, ask Him to open your eyes and to fill your mouth and heart.  You don't have to wait another minute to experience true salvation and ultimate power if you believe the Gospel.

Its all up to me, this is what I see here, its all up to me. You see, this is what I mean by controlling God, the power is in my court according to you. If I confess, if I ask, I can settle this, I got to come to him, I don't have to wait.

No, no Martin, I do have to wait, because God has me waiting, no human can change that. I do not try to manipulate God, he has trained me from my youth not to claim things that he has not yet done. The only way for me is to wait on God, there is no other way. Until God releases me from the condition of being shut up in disobedience, there is absolutely NOTHING I, I can do.

I can fake it. I can lie. I can live in illusion. I can take the Kingdom by force.

Or;

I can DO all things THROUGH Christ, and let HIM strengthen me. And if the potter says to this clay, wait on the outside, then so be it. I trust that God is patient and powerful, my condition is NEVER in vain.

Peace.

martincisneros

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »
I stand in good company with Lord Jesus, St. Peter, and St. Paul because this is their teachings: ask, seek, knock, open the door; save yourselves from this perverse generation, repent and be baptized; God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself and has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation, therefore we beg you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God for He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, so that we'd be made the righteousness of God in Him.  Acts 17 and Acts 20 make it abundantly clear that this teaching of repentance and belief on our Lord Jesus was St. Paul's teaching everywhere he went.  There is no other way.  The Gospel continues the theme from the Old Testament regarding all temporal benefits and all temporal manifestations of the people of God that if you'll do such and such, then He'll pour out this and that and there won't be room enough to receive it.  This is the grace of God according to Titus, Philippians, 2Corinthians, and elsewhere where it'll list all of the graces that believers are advancing in and encourage them to advance in additional graces, such as giving and receiving supernaturally by faith.  No Mickiel, God is going to do it according to the Scriptures, not your way.  You're the one who must repent, believe, seek, ask, knock, open the door, confess, give, receive, and distribute.

Mickiel

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
Quote from: martincisneros link=

No Mickiel, God is going to do it according to the Scriptures, not [i
your[/i] way.  You're the one who must repent, believe, seek, ask, knock, open the door, confess, give, receive, and distribute.

I , will do no such thing. It will all be given to me at the times that God so decides to give it.

I only hope he does decide to give it to me in this life. Repentance is given, not taken. Belief is given, not taken. Sight, is given. Asking is optional, but you can ask all you want, God still only gives when he is ready, and not because you have asked. Knocking is the same, you can knock all you want, it is still up to God to open. Confession is optional, and I would agree, personal. Giving, receiving and distrubition, are all things that only God controls.

Anyhow, Peace to you.

martincisneros

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
Quote from: martincisneros
No Mickiel, God is going to do it according to the Scriptures, not your way.  You're the one who must repent, believe, seek, ask, knock, open the door, confess, give, receive, and distribute.

I , will do no such thing. It will all be given to me at the times that God so decides to give it.

I only hope he does decide to give it to me in this life. Repentance is given, not taken. Belief is given, not taken. Sight, is given. Asking is optional, but you can ask all you want, God still only gives when he is ready, and not because you have asked. Knocking is the same, you can knock all you want, it is still up to God to open. Confession is optional, and I would agree, personal. Giving, receiving and distrubition, are all things that only God controls.

Anyhow, Peace to you.
So you believe that obeying the Scriptures is optional.  Your sins are retained.