Author Topic: Quote from "Exposing the Greatest Lie Ever Told"  (Read 1418 times)

Tim B

Quote from "Exposing the Greatest Lie Ever Told"
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:47 AM »
"Paul spoke to the philosophers at Mars Hill in Acts 17:31 and warns them of a coming judgment.  I do believe we would be incomplete in our representation of God if we failed to warn men (including Christians) that there are consequences for sin.  Paul's message to these philosophers was that God is strictly commanding all men everywhere to repent. (V. 31)  However, there is a big difference between warning men of a coming day when God will judge all men (which He most certainly will), and that the consequence of not accepting Jesus Christ is "eternal" torment in flames of fire.  The latter is not the gospel.  The gospel of God in Christ is that God has conciliated the world (not just Christians) to Himself through the blood of His Cross.  Paul tells us in 1 Tim. 4:10 that Christ is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe.  When was the last time you heard an evangelist tell unbelievers that Jesus Christ is their Savior and that God has conciliated them to Himself, and is not charging their sins to their account?  When?  Our message is to implore them to be conciliated to the Father in Christ—in order that full reconciliation can take place, not so that they will burn in "eternal" flames if they don't accept Christ.  This is not the message of an ambassador of the good news.  This was not Paul's message to the nations, and it is not to be ours.  I believe the doctrine of "eternal" torment has done more harm in turning people off to the gospel than any other false doctrine the Church has embraced.  It is a blasphemous lie that maligns the character of God and weakens the work of Christ.  It is high time to "study to show ourselves approved" that we may know the truth of the "full" gospel of God in Christ."

(I emphasized most of the emphasized text.)
http://www.savior-of-all.com/study.html

I thought this quote was pretty powerful.  :bigGrin:

Yay for ACTUAL Good News!  :bgdance:

Offline chuckt

Re: Quote from "Exposing the Greatest Lie Ever Told"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »
greetings Tim.

very good indeed, unfortantly the ministry of babylon is FEAR and bondage.

2Cr 5:18   And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 

2Cr 5:19   To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 

is not knowledge of reconciliation salvation?

amen!

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world. 

peace and love
chuckt

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
I just completed writing an article on this very thing.  I see now that it's the mainline churches that are a type of religious Egypt, and they have God's people in bondage and forced labor camps.  And like Egypt, they have their own idols such as their belief on salvation for one.  And also like Egypt, God is letting them worship their images to the point where the idol they worship is the very thing that becomes their plague and consumes them.

The purpose of God's plan in  turning them over to their own reprobate minds is because it's the pattern God established to show us that he uses the very thing we worship, to bring us to a place of brokenness so that we'll release those things that have brought bondage to ourselves. 

You are going to be seeing a lot more of this in the days to come.  The churches can not sustain much longer with their idol worship.  They have too many beliefs that no one is allowed to approach without first bowing to them.  But it's not a bad thing.  God is bringing a wave of his presence across the entire land.  This is the Sabbath Day we've entered and the old is passing away and all things are becoming new.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:37:20 AM by Nathan »

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »
Man, this stuff is good!

Nathan, Chuck and Tim, good stuff.

You're furthering the Kingdom, at least in my life!

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline legoman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
Wow, yes good stuff, especially Nathan's post... thanks!

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:21:42 AM »
I just completed writing an article on this very thing.  I see now that it's the mainline churches that are a type of religious Egypt, and they have God's people in bondage and forced labor camps.  And like Egypt, they have their own idols such as their belief on salvation for one.  And also like Egypt, God is letting them worship their images to the point where the idol they worship is the very thing that becomes their plague and consumes them.
The purpose of God's plan in letting turning them over to their own reprobate minds is because it's the pattern God established to show us that he uses the very thing we worship, to bring us to a place of brokenness so that we'll release those things that have brought bondage to ourselves. 

You are going to be seeing a lot more of this in the days to come.  The churches can not sustain much longer with their idol worship.  They have too many beliefs that no one is allowed to approach without first bowing to them.  But it's not a bad thing.  God is bringing a wave of his presence across the entire land.  This is the Sabbath Day we've entered and the old is passing away and all things are becoming new.

yeah.... you're right. (the bold esp. popped out at me.)
Great post.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:49 AM »
For me, that is where the serpent lies (dwells).  The serpent is the carnality of this realm.  As I feed it, it consumes me.  Like an addiction.  You take it because you like the affects, but the more you take it, the greater a hold it has on you, to the point that it is all you think about, it's all you live for and you find yourself trying to get away from in instead of running to it, but by then, it's too late.  The only thing that can break you free is an intervention of God . . .which is what he was waiting for all along.

Dust is the serpents meat.  Knowing that snakes don't eat dirt, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is more about type and shadow than literal.  But hey, as far as I'm concerned, the literal applications are the least affective in our spiritual lives anyway. Scripture states that "we" are made of dust, we are walking dust, and we'll return to dust when we're done walking.  So, the serpent is carnality in this realm.  My nature is it's main diet.  The more I feed it my nature, the more "it's" nature manifests in me. 

We are what we eat.  The church has taken spiritual truths, blended them with natural reasoning and logic, birthed religions filled with rules, regulations, boundaries and bondages, and called it God's house.  We elevate our beliefs to such a level that no other person can approach us without first honoring our belief system.  If they don't accept our positions, to hell with them.  And all the while, God is just setting back, knowing full well that carnal wisdom can not support spiritual truth.  Eventually, our belief system will implode upon itself and when it does, death comes to self and freedom resurrects from the rubble within me.

There is a purpose for the lake of fire, it's to purge and cleanse ME from MY carnality.  Your interpretation of the Word is not for you to apply to me, and my interpretation is not for me to apply to you.  If we'd stop trying to make everything fit literally and recieve it all in it's entirety inwardly, there would be much less bickering and much more uniting.

but again . . .that's just me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 03:02:50 AM »
There comes a time in ones walk with God that the scriptures fulfill their purpose.
After that we need to mature and walk with the Lord every second of the day expressing only His nature, for we are dead! He lives!

aspiring son

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 03:20:42 AM »
Good posts from everyone. The seeds are being planted for the world to know the truth about it's creator. That he loves them.............. and there's no but.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 03:46:33 AM »
 :cloud9: Amen Nathan.........God is getting ready to break the very foundations of Babylon and Egypt to pieces........Come Lord come. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Tim B

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 05:52:23 AM »
Good posts from everyone. The seeds are being planted for the world to know the truth about it's creator. That he loves them.............. and there's no but.

That nearly gave me goosebumps.  :bigGrin: