Author Topic: quick comment on Romans 8:19-23  (Read 1654 times)

martincisneros

quick comment on Romans 8:19-23
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »
19 For the premonition of the creation is awaiting the unveiling of the sons of God.
20 For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him Who subjects it, in expectation
21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22 For we are aware that the entire creation is groaning and travailing together until now.
23 Yet not only so, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruit of the spirit, we ourselves also, are groaning in ourselves, awaiting the sonship, the deliverance of our body.
Romans 8:19-23  Concordant Literal New Testament

Creation is destined for the liberties of the Children of God.  Where does this place "The Father's Love Letter" that's also on this particular board in relation to, let's say, the animals?  The 23rd verse of Romans 8 seems to even indicate that the Creation has the firstfruits of the Spirit.  Notice in this translation: "not only.." "ourselves ALSO"...."ourselves ALSO"  This isn't the only translation that indicates this, but I'm just trying to be brief with "food for thought" rather than setting down a doctrine.

We're creeping up on Halloween, that'll be here sooner than you know.  So, I thought I'd arm the prayers of those concerned about the animal abuse, animal sacrifices, and other less mentionable things that happen around this particular holiday in an extra horrid way.