Author Topic: Praise God I came across this verse!! One verse to make me understand!!  (Read 1586 times)

Offline misszoolander

• Est
  • New every morning, abundant is thy faithfulness.
"On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

After countless passages that spoke to me about UR, this one did it for me. I am convinced, I am freed. If I was to read this months ago, I would have thought "Oh me doing something kind to an enemy will torture them like fire, for they will see how much nicer I am compared to themselves" No. In reality if I was to do this to an enemy, to feed them they will think twice about me and approach me with kindness. I now realize the meaning of the coals - Isa 6:6-7 NIV "Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." The Angel did not take away Isaiah's sin, the coal did! What often represents God? Fire. By treating our enemies with kindness we are forgiving them of their sins towards us. Is this not what God does to us? Are we not his enemies? Because of Christ we are ALL saved. Even if I did not believe Christ died for me, who is to say he will not give me the bread of life if I hunger for it in this age or the next? Or thirst for the stream of life? Him giving me these things "will heap burning coals" on my head! His awesome holy fire will purify my soul, he will put his spirit in me, and give me a new heart. Praise God!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:34:24 AM by misszoolander »
It is well with my soul.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Praise God I came across this verse!! One verse to make me understand!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:24:57 AM »

wow.  Very well put.   :thumbsup:

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
Things like this make me feel so wonderful I think I could almost explode!!!
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
Great verse.
When I was ET I would think, "the nicer you are to "bad" people, the more they will "deserve" hellfire. The nicer you are the more coals, the hotter, the more torment you can cause someone. Is that sick thinking or what? It sure wasn't love.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
 and He shall baptize you with Holy spirit and fire......and a rushing wind came in and the Holy spirit as

tongues of fire that seperated and came to rest on each of them.

the appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire

for if you forgive men when they tresspass against you...your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
I read somewhere, don't remember where, but that heaping coals on the head, was a gesture of kindness, because some folks did not have fire(coals) to cook with and by giving the coals was just as giving food or water Like the adage rather than give a person a fish teach the person how to fish.
Don't mean to muddle the posters gathered benefit. :HeartThrob: :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
Things like this make me feel so wonderful I think I could almost explode!!!

Me too reF!!

Welcome misszoolander!  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
Universal Reconciliation is all about forgiveness, which we can do.

Eternal Torment is all about vengeance, which God claims as His own - we are warned against it.

The often-overlooked Jubilee principle indicates which is correct (hint:  not ET).

The light came on for another believer!   :dsunny:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline scarletwren

• Reg
I heard something quite similar awhile back which I always liked.  Families in smaller villages, or perhaps just communities, would take turns getting up early and starting a fire for cooking and heating water throughout the day.  One of the children in the family would carry some of the burning 'coals' to the other houses so that they could start their fires easily.  So to me this saying was something like when you do something nice for one person, many more will benefit from it.

I like the reference to the coal on the lips too.  Much to ruminate upon.

I read somewhere, don't remember where, but that heaping coals on the head, was a gesture of kindness, because some folks did not have fire(coals) to cook with and by giving the coals was just as giving food or water Like the adage rather than give a person a fish teach the person how to fish.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • My Bubbles!
"On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

After countless passages that spoke to me about UR, this one did it for me. I am convinced, I am freed. If I was to read this months ago, I would have thought "Oh me doing something kind to an enemy will torture them like fire, for they will see how much nicer I am compared to themselves" No. In reality if I was to do this to an enemy, to feed them they will think twice about me and approach me with kindness. I now realize the meaning of the coals - Isa 6:6-7 NIV "Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." The Angel did not take away Isaiah's sin, the coal did! What often represents God? Fire. By treating our enemies with kindness we are forgiving them of their sins towards us. Is this not what God does to us? Are we not his enemies? Because of Christ we are ALL saved. Even if I did not believe Christ died for me, who is to say he will not give me the bread of life if I hunger for it in this age or the next? Or thirst for the stream of life? Him giving me these things "will heap burning coals" on my head! His awesome holy fire will purify my soul, he will put his spirit in me, and give me a new heart. Praise God!!

How excellent!! This verse has always been a mystery to me.. I didn't really think about it (avoided it) but I suppose I assumed something like "me doing something kind to an enemy will torture them like fire" ! Which actually, as you say, totally makes no sense at all! The cross-reference clinches it for me.. the angel and the coal.. And how much more sense this makes, QUOTE: "By treating our enemies with kindness we are forgiving them of their sins towards us. Is this not what God does to us?" --- Amen!! it surely is!! :mthumbsup:
2nd Advent ='s ?
 (1)Trumpets + (2)DOA + (3)Tabernacles = PROOF of UR & God's utter Perfection.
[(1)Rev 16:14,15 & 16 too + (2)the 2nd Resurrection & Grt Day of Judgment/Review + (3)Rev 21:3 & all things new]

Who, after experiencing being resurrected, etc. isn't going to "believe"? And repent? and thus have their names written in the Book of "Life"?
 -----
About the fall, thus unveiling, of man's empires (built on sand) - there's no dates, but imo, there is a calendar, a counting backwards, & it uses concrete, landmark signs.

"Who is this?That even the wind and waves obey?" Mark 4:41

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 03:57:59 AM »

Amen!

The burning coal is a symbol of purification.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »
Great verse.
When I was ET I would think, "the nicer you are to "bad" people, the more they will "deserve" hellfire. The nicer you are the more coals, the hotter, the more torment you can cause someone. Is that sick thinking or what? It sure wasn't love.

I love how honest you are about your previous thoughts and insights.  What we believe truly changes who we become.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:27 AM »
I heard something quite similar awhile back which I always liked.  Families in smaller villages, or perhaps just communities, would take turns getting up early and starting a fire for cooking and heating water throughout the day.  One of the children in the family would carry some of the burning 'coals' to the other houses so that they could start their fires easily.  So to me this saying was something like when you do something nice for one person, many more will benefit from it.

Ooh, this just gets better.  The purifying fire in our lives, built in our home...taking that to our enemy so that purifying fire may be built in their home.  Notice that kindness, love, doing good for our enemy is what help build this fire.  Great stuff.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »

:HeartThrob: :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline mplsfitter539

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
I have been meditating on this verse all day today and still haven't yet figured out why.
Psalm 145
5 I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
 :banana:
Shema O Israel, Yahweh our Elohim is Yahweh echad!!!

Offline misszoolander

• Est
  • New every morning, abundant is thy faithfulness.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
I remember posting this when I first came across UR, have not looked back since.. Praise the Lord, keep heaping those burning coals !  :dsunny:
It is well with my soul.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
In the midst of the living beings there was something that looked like burning coals of fire, like torches darting back and forth among the living beings. The fire was bright, and lightning was flashing from the fire. And the living beings ran to and fro like bolts of lightning.
(Eze 1:13-14)

The coming of the Son of Man will be like lightning, flashing from the east to the west. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • My Bubbles!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
In the midst of the living beings there was something that looked like burning coals of fire, like torches darting back and forth among the living beings. The fire was bright, and lightning was flashing from the fire. And the living beings ran to and fro like bolts of lightning.
(Eze 1:13-14)

The coming of the Son of Man will be like lightning, flashing from the east to the west. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

:Chinscratch:  :thumbsup:
2nd Advent ='s ?
 (1)Trumpets + (2)DOA + (3)Tabernacles = PROOF of UR & God's utter Perfection.
[(1)Rev 16:14,15 & 16 too + (2)the 2nd Resurrection & Grt Day of Judgment/Review + (3)Rev 21:3 & all things new]

Who, after experiencing being resurrected, etc. isn't going to "believe"? And repent? and thus have their names written in the Book of "Life"?
 -----
About the fall, thus unveiling, of man's empires (built on sand) - there's no dates, but imo, there is a calendar, a counting backwards, & it uses concrete, landmark signs.

"Who is this?That even the wind and waves obey?" Mark 4:41

Offline legoman

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:51 AM »
Great thread!  :thumbsup:

Offline rjohnson741

• Full
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 01:17:29 AM »
Great thread!  :thumbsup:
Hi Legoman. We really miss you posting on CARM. Blessings.
"The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." Psalm 145:9

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

Heaping coals on the head :o) Another perspective is this. The coals are living stones gathered together within the wheels beneath the living creatures. The lightning flashing back and forth between them is the LIVING WORD- rhema fo God. (Exhort one another while it is still called "TODAY" to love and good works). Isaiahs "lips" were made clean and his iniquity forgiven because the "coal" of the prophetic word touched them- his speech was no longer his own. "You are all clean because of the word that i have spoken to you"- Jesus.

When we bless those who curse us and pray for those who despitefully use us we are showing forth the "lifting up" of jesus till he comes. The words that fell from His lips in the moment He was "lifted up" were, "Father forgive thenm they don't know what they are doing". When we feed our enemies, dress the wounds of our persecutors- returning kindness for injury and blessing for insult, we heap "coals of living word" upon them- opening their minds to the goodness of God and the truth of our gospel.

"If anyone receives not our gospel it is because the god of this world has blinded their eyes that they might not see the light of the knowledge of THE GLORY OF GOD IN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST"(2 cor 4)

When the veil is torn the light shines through. As we fill up in our bodies the sufferings of Jesus Chrsist, He is lifted up in us, we are lifted up into the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, the "living word" touches our lips and we become ministers of reconciliation.

Woe unto me, for I am a man of unclean lips and I dwell among a people of unclean lips and my eyes have seen the Lord of glory.

Lo (behold, understand, see) this coal has touch your lips and your sin is forgiven

"Who will go for me".....

I will go for you. "Here I am(acceptable offering Ro 12 broken and contrite heart Psalm 51). Send me(releasing ones own life, dreams, goals to the will of God)."

If anyone would be my disciple let them pick up their cross and Come, Follow Me.

"Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly of heart and you will find rest for your souls."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:42:45 PM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com