Author Topic: Please Help me get the ture meaning of Matt. 27:50-53 ; Thanks  (Read 3473 times)

HartleyDamboiseII

Re: Please Help me get the ture meaning of Matt. 27:50-53 ; Thanks
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
no ch. or vs. but I know that you are using a dictionary that is flawed lee100

Lee Damboise II

I have seen this same type of definition used by people that use the N.I.V.

lee100

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »
paul,

Ok. Read Rev 5:9. It says out of every tribe and nation. Not all of every tribe and nation.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »
paul,

Ok. Read Rev 5:9. It says out of every tribe and nation. Not all of every tribe and nation.

It does not need to specify, that is posturing your expectations, not scriptural flow.

Re 5:9 And they are singing a new song, saying,  "Worthy art Thou to be taking the scroll and to open its seals, For Thou wast slain and dost buy us for God by Thy blood. Out of every tribe and language and people and nation.

Lee100, I do not use this verse and say that it says ALL, this verse all by itself does not say ALL, nor does it say SOME. 

But a flow of scripture easily follows  that 1 Timothy 2:4 and this verse go hand in hand.  All mankind consists of every tribe, language, people and nation.

lee100

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 03:22:35 AM »
paul,

the all in 1 tim 2:4 is the all kinds of people in Rev 5:9 and 7:9. You have to remember who this was written to. Jews thought that salvation was for them only. Paul by saying all actually means not just the Jew but the gentiles too. all kinds of people from every tribe and nation.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »
paul,

the all in 1 tim 2:4 is the all kinds of people in Rev 5:9 and 7:9. You have to remember who this was written to. Jews thought that salvation was for them only. Paul by saying all actually means not just the Jew but the gentiles too. all kinds of people from every tribe and nation.

Hi Lee100,  greek text simply does not break the verse down in that manner, you are entitled to believe the religious context of that word,  but the verse inherantly does not say such a thing at all.

There is no scriptural obligation for me to believe it says that at all.

consigliere

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:33 AM »

Ask yourself: What "is" the grave?

Ask yourself: What "is" the veil?

I saw this post yesterday and was inclined to join in the discusion and share some of my personal thoughts regarding this seemingly obscure passage of scripture.

In asking myself what the veil and what the grave was, I also asked what are the bodies of the saints and what does the appearring consist of.

When I searched the blue letter bible concordance, I found this could be represented in a different light other than the literal text.

The word used for 'bodies' is 'soma' and in the reference it suggests a fourth meaning that I found the most suitable.  This meaning is

4) that which casts a shadow as distinguished from the shadow itself

I then moved to the next verse and searched out the word 'appearring' and found that the word 'emphanizo' is used to describe a manifestation and the 3rd suggestion was

3) to indicate, disclose, declare, make known

When looking at how these two words bodies and appearing are applied with these definitions given above, it seemed to make sense to me, that through the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ, the bodies of the OT saints were made known to those in Jerusalem.

It is my opinion at this time that, the 'bodies' of the old testament saints, who only revealed a shadow of God's glory in Christ,  in the past, were never seen before the crucifxion and ressurection.  I also tend to lean towards a non pluralized usage of 'soma' and consider that it was the body of the OT saints that appeared and was made known.

To sum it up in a nutshell, the body of the OT saints is the glory of God in Christ, however this body was never seen .nor had this body appeared to Israel prior to the death and ressurection of Christ, but only the shadow of the body was what was seen by Israel.

I also consider that 'coming out of the graves' is not to be taken literally in the passage, but it represents something that was hidden and has now come to life.

Just my thoughts on this, and I am certainly up for correction in regards to my opinion at this time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:51:45 AM by consigliere »

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »

Ask yourself: What "is" the grave?

Ask yourself: What "is" the veil?

I saw this post yesterday and was inclined to join in the discusion and share some of my personal thoughts regarding this seemingly obscure passage of scripture.

In asking myself what the veil and what the grave was, I also asked what are the bodies of the saints and what does the appearring consist of.

When I searched the blue letter bible concordance, I found this could be represented in a different light other than the literal text.

The word used for 'bodies' is 'soma' and in the reference it suggests a fourth meaning that I found the most suitable.  This meaning is

4) that which casts a shadow as distinguished from the shadow itself

I then moved to the next verse and searched out the word 'appearring' and found that the word 'emphanizo' is used to describe a manifestation and the 3rd suggestion was

3) to indicate, disclose, declare, make known

When looking at how these two words bodies and appearing are applied with these definitions given above, it seemed to make sense to me, that through the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ, the bodies of the OT saints were made known to those in Jerusalem.

It is my opinion at this time that, the 'bodies' of the old testament saints, who only revealed a shadow of God's glory in Christ,  in the past, were never seen before the crucifxion and ressurection.  I also tend to lean towards a non pluralized usage of 'soma' and consider that it was the body of the OT saints that appeared and was made known.

To sum it up in a nutshell, the body of the OT saints is the glory of God in Christ, however this body was never seen .nor had this body appeared to Israel prior to the death and ressurection of Christ, but only the shadow of the body was what was seen by Israel.

I also consider that 'coming out of the graves' is not to be taken literally in the passage, but it represents something that was hidden and has now come to life.

Just my thoughts on this, and I am certainly up for correction in regards to my opinion at this time.

Hey there, we finally got your account going!  Apologies, sometimes the system is hard to explain ~

Good thoughts, and the spirit of your last line is refreshing  :bigGrin:   We're all seeking and in progress.

Welcome.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 12:38:28 AM »
Dont know if this is any help, it was for me, its from L. Ray Smith

Dear Reynolds:  You have to learn to read more carefully. Notice it says: "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves AFTER HIS [Jesus'] resurrection..."

These were saints that had recently died, and who could be easily recognized by many, hence proving that God can not only raise His Son from the dead, but anyone He wishes.  These saints were resurrected back to mortal life (they were not "vivified" as is used in reference to life of immortality). They died again as did Lazarus and all others that were resurrected from the dead by Jesus and the apostles. And no, this this not contradict Heb. 11:39 or any other Scripture of the Bible.

God be with you,

Ray
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.