Author Topic: out of sync  (Read 1564 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
out of sync
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
Is the world...the whole world, out of sync from how the Lord has laid it out?

Are there things happening that He does not oversee?

What is happening now in the world that He does not have knowledge of?

When we pray, do we pray in God's will, or do we pray as to how we think God's will should be?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: out of sync
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
I guess it was not a good query, huh :sigh:?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »
I guess it was not a good query, huh :sigh:?

I've just dropped back in from limbo. Maybe everyone thought you were be rhetorical? :winkgrin:

I'd say according to the Bible, the world is out of sync from how the Lord laid it out and the eventual outcome will be the world being put back into sync, permanently. But why He chooses to run it out of sync, I'm not so sure of.

I'd say nothing happens without His knowledge and His permission (Job). But I wouldn't say He orchestrates every last thing.

There can't be anything that He has no knowledge of. It goes against what we are told of God being omniscient.
Even though the Bible sometimes describes God as being taken off guard; suddenly angered or grieved. These are anthropomorphisms. Describing God in human terms, for the sake of understanding Him as best as we can in our finite minds. 

I think if we spend enough time in the Word seeking God's pure will, then we'll pray in God's will. If we focus more on ourselves and the temporary things of this world, then our prayers a likely to be more subjective.

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
Everything is exactly as He planned it.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
There is a passage, like many others, that gets abused to the point you almost roll your eyes when you see it being quoted due to the fact it's used a lot as a cop out to the more pertinent discussions.  But I digress . . .     The passage I'm referring to is the one that speaks about God's ways are not our ways . . .but in this case, I really do think it applies.  Many people seem to just automatically assume EVERYTHING happens because God either allowed it or disallowed it to happen.  The problem with this thinking is, the first time something happens that we either think it shouldn't have happened, or it "should" have happened but didn't, we immediately question God's ability to keep up with life around us.

"If" This world is out of sync with God's original plan . . .who's at fault?  God? 

Or, could it be the moment God gave man dominion to "rule the earth", at "that" moment, it became "our" responsibility to be "in sync" with God's nature and plan.  So when bad things happen to good people, it's not because God "allowed" it or "disallowed" it, it's because man, somewhere in the scheme of things, has dropped the ball and the dominion given to man has been usurped by other forces at work around us.  It truly is up to us to "change the world".  I just don't think most of us  . . .if not all of us . . .are fully aware of just how much power we have "in" us to do just that.

As man's relationship with God goes . . .so goes the earth.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
 The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and his Christ,and He will reign forever and ever....

we give thanks to you,Lord God,Almighty,the one who is,and who was,because you have taken your great power

and have begun to reign.  The nations were angry and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead,

and for rewarding your servants the prophets-and your saints,and those who reverence your name.

both small and great..........AND FOR DESTROYING THOSE WHO DESTROY THE EARTH

Then God's temple in heaven was opened,and within His temple was seen the ark of His covenant...

and there came flashes of lighteneig,rumblings,peals of thunder,an earthquake and a great hail storm

and Nathan, even the king of Babylon learned this truth a long time ago.......His dominion is an eternal dominion,his kingdom endures from

generation to generation.All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing, He does as He pleases,with the powers of heaven and

people's of the earth. No one can hold back His hand, or say to Him,what have you done.?

Now,I,Nebuchaddnezzer,praise and exalt and glorify the King of Heaven,because everything He does is right,and all His ways are just

And those who walk in pride He is able to humble

H ehumbles man by giveing them the mind of a beast....He removes 'pride' from off the face of man...indeed leviathan is king over all the prideful

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
Then God's temple in heaven was opened,and within His temple was seen the ark of His covenant...

and there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hail storm

Can you see this transpired at the mount of transfiguration?  The Ark of the covenant was re-membered in their sight as Moses, the law, and Elijah, the prophets, came together to be with and encourage the manna, Christ to fulfill the covenant of promise . . .flashes of lighting . . .revelation, peals of thunderings, earthquakes and a great hail storm . . .all are results from atmospheric changes . . .high pressures colliding with low pressures above, "fault lines" shifting below . . . interesting name for them . . fault lines . . .when grace is applied to "fault" it quakes the earth is us.  Leading up to that one final shaking where all carnality will run it's course in this realm and when it comes to it's end, only the elements of God will remain in us.  I'm hanging my hat on that one!!

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
Amen,Brother!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 06:04:05 AM »

What is happening now in the world that He does not have knowledge of?

JUST STAY PREPARED!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
For  . . .what?  The rapture?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

...evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. [2 Tim 3:13]

Syndicated

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »

I fully agree.  Are we that much more powerful than God that we can go outside of His will?  Is God that weak?

No.  We're not.  Thank God!   :2c:

Offline Eduard

• Snr
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »

I fully agree.  Are we that much more powerful than God that we can go outside of His will?  Is God that weak?

No.  We're not.  Thank God!   :2c:

Amen!
Micah 7:7

But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

Offline Aleax

• Est
  • Dear God, I have a problem, it's Me.
    • Is Hell eternal? Or will God's plan fail?
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
I think of the world as a kind of systematic chaos.

No.
Behold, I make a few things new.

The Plan of The Ages: God's Unfailing Love Revealed in the Cross

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »

Romans 8:19-

For the earnest expectation of the creature...

Syndicated

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

Romans 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

Where is this creature you're speaking of in this verse?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 04:14:46 AM »

Romans 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

Where is this creature you're speaking of in this verse?

Many translations use the word creature:

http://bible.cc/romans/8-19.htm

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 04:33:23 AM »

This one stirs the mind, from the The Sacred Scriptures
THE CONCORDANT VERSION (CLV)

For the premonition of the creation is awaiting the unveiling of the sons of God.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:42:56 AM »
I think of the world as a kind of systematic chaos.

No.

Over see?  Like . . . NOTHING happens that God doesn't either allow, or disallow . . .that he either doesn't call it to be, or stops it from being?

Or are you saying nothing happens that God isn't already aware of?

I personally think there's a great difference between God being aware of the happenings of this realm and God literally calling all the shots as to what bad things happen where in the world, to what extent, to which individuals, for what duration of time  . . . I don't beleive God really is actively engaged in those happenings as much as our decision making actually is.  Our consequences from what we choose to do or not do brings about much of the situations we experience.

As for the natural disasters and such . . . I believe that it's the nature of the realm in which we life.  God created it in such away that it sustains itself.  He set it all into motion in the beginning, but he created it in such a way that it runs itself.  Kinda like a man that makes a watch, he doesn't oversee every tick, but he made the watch to run under it's own power.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »

...under it's own power.

Perpetual motion??? lol,
lol, there's no such thing!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »

...but he created it in such a way that it runs itself. 

Really?
God's last assertion to Job puts this into clear perspective.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:33 AM »
I'm not saying God can't or doesn't intervein, I'm saying this realm is what it is.  It's temporal, it's under a curse, it's under the laws of nature in that northerly winds bring in cold, southerly winds bring in warmth . . .there are seasons of hurricanes, tornadoes . . .God doesn't create them, it's part of his "creation" that they manifest.

I have no idea what "last assertion" you're referring to unless you care to post the quote.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 01:23:39 AM »
Quote from: nathan
I don't beleive God really is actively engaged in those happenings as much as our decision making actually is.  Our consequences from what we choose to do or not do brings about much of the situations we experience.

Everything we chose comes from  a cause or action of some sort.

I remember Herbert W Armstrong believed that God set everything in motion and then just stepped back to see what mankind done with it all. He said God left all  of the decisions up to us as how our life turned out. I do think he was so wrong on that.  :sigh:

CHB

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 01:39:30 AM »
I'm not saying God can't or doesn't intervein, I'm saying this realm is what it is.  It's temporal, it's under a curse, it's under the laws of nature in that northerly winds bring in cold, southerly winds bring in warmth . . .there are seasons of hurricanes, tornadoes . . .God doesn't create them, it's part of his "creation" that they manifest.

I have no idea what "last assertion" you're referring to unless you care to post the quote.

Perhaps it's best to start with Elihu; chapters 34-35-36-37.
The Lord speaks at 38-39-40-41.
They're short chapters;
easy to read.
Worth it!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »
How so?