Author Topic: Opposite reactions, same source  (Read 940 times)

Offline gregoryfl

Opposite reactions, same source
« on: September 15, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »
So guys, help me out please. I am trying to come up with a list of different things mentioned in scripture that all have the same source, but are either expressed in different ways and have opposite reactions. I will give a few that I have thought of so far:

Aroma of Christ=death to death, life to life (2Co 2:15,16)

Word of the Lord=build up, tear down, plant, uproot (Jer 1:10)

Small Scroll=bitter message, sweet message (Rev 10:9-11)

River flowing from God's Throne=River of Life, Eonian Fire (Rev 22:1; Dan 7:10)

Sea of Glass=Water and Fire, destruction for wicked, dwelling place for righteous (1Ki 7:23-26; Isa 33:14-16; Eze 1:22; Rev 4:6; 15:2)

Any more you guys can think of? I'm working on an article and am trying to come up with as many of these as I can.

Ron

Offline rosered

• Gold
Re: Opposite reactions, same source
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »

Hi Ron   ,
 Sounds  like a good study and going to be a great article , hope you post it here at Tm  :thumbsup:

I thought of Smoke =a positive Rev 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. 
here Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. 
and  the negative

Isa 65:5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These [are] a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.  Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 

hope I did it right
 , just wanted to help bro .. i am not sure the symbolic meaning of smoke though  :dontknow:
 :HeartThrob:  rose

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »

Hi Ron   ,
 Sounds  like a good study and going to be a great article , hope you post it here at Tm  :thumbsup:

I thought of Smoke =a positive Rev 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. 
here Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. 
and  the negative

Isa 65:5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These [are] a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.  Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 

hope I did it right
 , just wanted to help bro .. i am not sure the symbolic meaning of smoke though  :dontknow:
 :HeartThrob:  rose
hI rosey :icon_flower:
I kinda thought smoke was Either Unrighteousness\death or Righteousnesslife depending onthe positive or negative..
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »
 :cloud9: Sounds like a great article! Per smoke, I thought of how smoke (like a cloud) can be a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord, if it is the smoke of our making ourselves a living sacrifice, tied down to the altar with cords of Lord that cannot be broken.

Smoke there is that which rises, which is Christ in us, as we decrease, He increases. This is one of the clouds we meet Him in, cause we too are 'caught up' from this offering. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

Darkness and Light

Exodus 14:19-21 (Amplified Bible)
19And the Angel of God Who went before the host of Israel moved and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before them and stood behind them,
    20Coming between the host of Egypt and the host of Israel. It was a cloud and darkness to the Egyptians, but it gave light by night to the Israelites; and the one host did not come near the other all night.
    21Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night and made the sea dry land; and the waters were divided.

Exodus 20:20-22 (Amplified Bible)
20And Moses said to the people, Fear not; for God has come to prove you, so that the reverential fear of Him may be before you, that you may not sin.
    21And the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was.
    22And the Lord said to Moses, Thus shall you say to the Israelites, You have seen for yourselves that I have talked with you from heaven.

Deuteronomy 5:22-24 (Amplified Bible)
22These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He spoke not again [added no more]. He wrote them on two tables of stone and gave them to me [Moses].
    23And when you heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders;
    24And you said, Behold, the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice out of the midst of the fire; we have this day seen that God speaks with man and man still lives.

THE UNVEILING OF JESUS CHRIST
4 And they shall be seeing His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.
5 And night shall be no more, and they have no need of lamplight and sunlight, for the Lord God shall be illuminating them. And they shall be reigning for the eons of the eons.
6 And he said to me, "These sayings are faithful and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, commissions His messenger to show to His slaves what must occur swiftly.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:30:03 AM by Beloved Servant »

Offline gregoryfl

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
Thanks so much guys! Keep em coming and I will make sure to add what I can. I thought of another one.

The cross=foolishness and stumbling block, and God's wisdom.

Ron