Author Topic: Near Death Experiences  (Read 3423 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Near Death Experiences
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
In that case I would like to see you on your soapbox regarding the Lancet article as a whole.

:soap: :soap:
:soap:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
In that case I would like to see you on your soapbox regarding the Lancet article as a whole.

:soap: :soap:
:soap:

With time my brother.   :bigGrin:

I am working 48 of the next 72 hours so it might be a bit.  If the shift is slow I might be able to get to it sooner rather than later.  But, I would really like to look at this study for strengths and weaknesses.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
Not sure if this qualifies as an NDE. I had a cardiac arrest and was "dead" for around 3 minutes.
I was sitting on the edge of my bed and the next thing I was semi concious of (turns out it was almost a day later)
was a type of dream of the sky wrapped in a purple haze. I had loved listening to Jimi Hendrix as a kid and was familiar with the song "Purple Haze". My wife is a R.N. and when I came out of the coma she said the purple haze thing was because they had given me the "Michael Jackson" drug and yes it was the same one Hendrix was singing about. Anyway, I was fully concious and awake about a day later I remembered absolutely nothing except the purple haze thing.
So basically, nothing to report at all except that it is the response of a small % of NDE's.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »
I forgot all about this thread and my desire to look at the Lancet article in depth...dissecting the study.  I will try to put that on my plate for later but I will say...I have seen much death, and several who were coded and brought back.  I worked in the ER for three years and never received a report of a NDE from any patient.  Obviously, that could fall under population bias...but interesting to me none the less.  I am curious though (as I tend to be a natural skeptic) why some get these NDEs, why some don't, and why the experience can be so different from one to the other.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:55:53 PM by shawn »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
85% reported no NDE.
15% is still very high.
But likely those people are questioned about it?

Did you also visit the patients after they recovered? The ER isn't the most ideal place for some chit chat I think.
I think most people that have an NDE just assume it was a nice dream and don't even talk about it. Perhaps mention it to a family member but deem it not useful to tell a hyper busy doctor about it.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
I am curious though (as I tend to be a natural skeptic) why some get these NDEs, why some don't, and why the experience can be so different from one to the other.
Some people get visions from God. Most don't. God uses some people as prophets. But most not. God uses some people as elect but most not.

Perhaps NDE can be added to this list.
One thing those people have in common is their extremely deep belief after the NDE.