Author Topic: My journey towards believing in UR....  (Read 1248 times)

sscoulter

My journey towards believing in UR....
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
Greetings all!

Just wanted to stop by, I haven't been here in a while, and update you all on what God is doing in my life.

When I first read the assertion that God will save all men I must confess that I was extremely blessed to receive it, at least the idea, warmly. What I mean to say is that obviously the notion that God will save every man is often rejected violently by many for various reasons well known. I, thank God, was not one of those. This is, make no mistake, a great blessing from God. I take no credit for it at all. In my search for truth I was simply blessed to have a heart that would at least not reject the notion out of hand. I was of course skeptical as many of you were I am sure. In fact even as I write this I am reserved in my joy to believe this doctrine and embrace it fully. Yet surely it must be true.

My mind has heard the arguments for and against this idea of UR. For instance, I see that the idea of ET is nowhere found in the bible.  My mind has heard and understood that there are many scriptures that seem to openly and plainly teach the salvation of all. Considering these two facts together leaves me no choice but to believe that Jesus will indeed succeed in being the Savior of the whole world. But much like the sun which is too bright to look at directly, this doctrine is almost too wonderful to behold all at once.

Yet I confess that even as I move towards this belief in my head, my heart still lags behind. I want to believe it, I want it to consume me. I want to preach it; I want it to be the doctrine that guides my steps for the rest of my life. I see how superior this idea is to all that the sophistry that religion has fostered to this very day, and rejoice in knowing that this obviously could not come from the mind of carnal man. That fact in itself gives me further proof to the validity of this wonderful doctrine. To read and hear of the consternation it brings to the "Christian" world only adds to my faith that it is true. Matt Slick has no idea how banning this doctrine from his forum has actually helped convince me of its truth lol!

I just wanted you all to know that I am closer today than ever before to embracing this doctrine fully. I pray that God will continue to lead me, and each of you; toward the truth.

God Bless you all

Sam
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:15:39 PM by sscoulter »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: My journey towards believing in UR....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »

WOW.

BEAUTIFUL.

sscoulter

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
I have so much more to share. Just for context, I am married to an Oneness Pentecostal which has turned out to be a very interesting blessing. When my wife, who was not "in" church when we married, got back "IN" church five years ago, I began this journey I am on now. My father was a preacher and a missionary and I was raised in church. But like many I had drifted away from any semblance of a walk with God. But having visited my wife's church for many years I was familiar with their doctrine and I knew it was simply wrong, but I digress. I don't intend to disect Oneness here, but it is helpful to know the context of my words and my journey.

When my wife decided to get back "in" church (those of you who know that religion understand what I mean) it made me turn again to God and begin an honest study of God's word. I began to question everything I had ever believed about God and Jesus; I have to tell you, it has been a very interesting journey!

I have since stopped believing in the doctrine of the Trinity, which I do not intend to discuss here, and I have surely known and seen the falsehood of Oneness Pentecostalism. But that was nevertheless part of this journey which has led me to the doorstep of UR.

I am only bringing my wife, or rather her religion, into this because it is, ironically, one of the most fervent teachers of eternal torment doctrine of hell. The "fire and brimstone" preaching and screaming in Oneness Pentecostalism is as intense as you can find it anywhere. So here I am beginning to believe in UR, by God's leading, and I am surrounded by the most intense believer's in ET!

I am ready now, I think, to introduce my faith in UR to my wife and to the other Oneness people I know. This surely will be interesting. We already have such a strong disagreement as to who Jesus is, the importance of baptism, speaking in tongues, and many other issues, that I can't help but imagine what the idea that all will be saved will bring in return to these people.

Perhaps God has placed me here specifically for this purpose; to in love share the truth of UR to these people and my wife. It is an interesting dynamic, and I will let you all know how it goes.

S

Offline AJ

• Snr
    • Jesus the Light of the World
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
Greetings S.

I was also raised on the UPC doctrine, thus understand all the 'hell fire preaching' that you speak of.
It nearly sickens me now to think of how many good people – are being held in fear by the power of a denominational sword to the throat - called 'hell fire'.

'Father' graciously opened my doctrinal box in 2000, and I actually think He had to tip it over.
It is only now that I realize that it was God who opened my eyes.

I began to question and examine - every doctrine that I had been taught.
WOW, and to now realize that nearly every single one has major error… at least that is my opinion.

I no longer accept that :
Jesus Christ is 'Father God'… or that he is 'God' at all … that physical 'water baptism' is necessary at all … in the so-called 'rapture'… in the 'left behind' series … that man has 'free will' so that he must decide to save himself… a future coming of  'the Antichrist' as a lone evil man, who is yet to arrive on the scene … those who die in a 'lost' state, go to an eternal hell and they have no hope beyond the grave.

I could easily double the above dogmas.

My life was utterly transformed, perhaps the biggest was - how I viewed the 'lost'.  I no longer felt the need to swing around my sword of judgment against them.
It was a huge relief when I could let the 'Savior of the world' just be the 'Savior' and let him do his job.

In 2000 when my eyes where opened to UR, I went back to my fellowships that I attended, expecting them to see this truth… but wow,  I literally had some saints yelling at me after the church meeting, that I was crazy and out of my mind.
I made a UR tract and canvassed my neighborhood putting one on nearly every house within a half mile … but, with not a word of response.

Each of us has a different path to walk.
I now have found that I get better results by just carefully sharing my hope. Sometimes baby steps are better than big ones…. especially if one is not prepared for the outcome.
"Pretty soon, everybody will get what they deserve, which is ..."Salvation"..."Reconciliation"..."Restitution"..."Restoration"..."Immortality"... and "Incorruption" --- now ain't that the coolest thing?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:10 PM »
 :cloud9: Thanks for sharing the update.......enjoyed both of y'alls posts on your walks :thumbsup:........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
What Cardinal said! :bigGrin:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Nil Recurring

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
Great testimony.  :thumbsup:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »
Remember God's in control. :)
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

sscoulter

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
Greetings S.

I was also raised on the UPC doctrine, thus understand all the 'hell fire preaching' that you speak of.
It nearly sickens me now to think of how many good people – are being held in fear by the power of a denominational sword to the throat - called 'hell fire'.

'Father' graciously opened my doctrinal box in 2000, and I actually think He had to tip it over.
It is only now that I realize that it was God who opened my eyes.

I began to question and examine - every doctrine that I had been taught.
WOW, and to now realize that nearly every single one has major error… at least that is my opinion.

I no longer accept that :
Jesus Christ is 'Father God'… or that he is 'God' at all … that physical 'water baptism' is necessary at all … in the so-called 'rapture'… in the 'left behind' series … that man has 'free will' so that he must decide to save himself… a future coming of  'the Antichrist' as a lone evil man, who is yet to arrive on the scene … those who die in a 'lost' state, go to an eternal hell and they have no hope beyond the grave.

I could easily double the above dogmas.

My life was utterly transformed, perhaps the biggest was - how I viewed the 'lost'.  I no longer felt the need to swing around my sword of judgment against them.
It was a huge relief when I could let the 'Savior of the world' just be the 'Savior' and let him do his job.

In 2000 when my eyes where opened to UR, I went back to my fellowships that I attended, expecting them to see this truth… but wow,  I literally had some saints yelling at me after the church meeting, that I was crazy and out of my mind.
I made a UR tract and canvassed my neighborhood putting one on nearly every house within a half mile … but, with not a word of response.

Each of us has a different path to walk.
I now have found that I get better results by just carefully sharing my hope. Sometimes baby steps are better than big ones…. especially if one is not prepared for the outcome.

Hello and thank you AJ for your reply. It is a very interesting situation I find myself in. But you have helped me see that it is really all in God's hand and in his timing. What a comfort that is to me.

I have also questioned all that I have always thought was true. That is a lonely road to walk, I know personally, may he be with you and I all the way….

Be blessed.

Sam

PS

AJ, I would love to know more about your background if you have time and if you  are willing to share it with me.

pickr

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 01:20:02 AM »
Hi Sam,

Sending well wishes to you in your upcoming sharing of this Gospel that truly IS good news... the best news possible!... for all mankind.

It is all so very simple and straightforward, isn't it? Yet it is so hard sometimes to penetrate the strongholds built by the traditions of human understanding.

God bless you in your walk,

Andy

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
No zero7, it's not an agreed-upon doctrine or creed of UR.  It's a topic with varied views, and which is also difficult to discuss without getting into the Trinity discussion.  I'll repost a post from Cardinal and myself from another thread a few weeks back.  Hopefully it will help answer your Q.  Thanks, God bless.

Cardinal;  I agree Eaglesway; there are many sacred cows to BBQ, probably more to discover even yet, with the Spirit's opening of our eyes.

BUT; as much as I personally enjoy reading different viewpoints on this, please be mindful that the board owner does not want any food fights started over the trinity issue.

EVERYONE please keep it RESPECTFUL towards each other, remembering that what you believed yesterday SHOULD always be open to be changed today, if you're heart is open to the Spirit, and of course I include myself in that, as I have had to lay down many things I thought were true over the course of time.
 Blessings....
-----------------

jabcat;   Amen Card.  Can we all agree that Jesus is God's Son, and the Savior of the world?  Further, please consider this.  At the very basic level, if someone is someone else's son, they are of the same substance of the Father.  My own son has my spit, my blood, my skin.

Jesus called the Father His God, but as I understand, that doesn't mean Jesus isn't also Divine.  He's the Son OF THE Father - a part of Him - not just an acquaintance of the Father.  Again, can that bridge any gaps for anyone and get the focus back on Who He is - the Savior?  God bless.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 01:41:16 AM »
I personally would feel more than a bit cheated if Jesus was in tantamount only a man (even if he were sinless or "special") like me.

But at the very least, Hell has gone the way of Purgatory with this individual, and Hell hath no fury at all no more.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »
Hell hath no fury at all no more

Amen!

sscoulter

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
Oops, I caught myself preaching UR yesterday! First time I have said anthing about it to anyone in person. My little sister and I were talking about God and I shared with her that I was leaning toward believing in UR. And then explained what that meant.

To my joy she did not dismiss it out of hand.

Interesting....

S

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »
 :cloud9: :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor