Author Topic: More Absurdities Outside of UR  (Read 3416 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: More Absurdities Outside of UR
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
Quote from: Gab
...1 John that "everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7, emph. added), I find it very difficult to believe that one who humbly spreads sincere love to his neighbors, yet happens to be (say) Muslim, will find himself in disfavor with God as one would who spends his entire life in self-indulgent greed or sloth and dies wholly unrepentant.

The Qur'an states Jesus is the Messiah,[Qur'an 3:45] and Muslims believe Jesus is alive in Heaven and will return to Earth to defeat the Dajjal, or Antichrist.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah

Surprise! :Sparkletooth:

Muslims also believe in Noach, Abraham etc. (but always by their old name IIRC)
They indeed believe in Jesus. But not as a son of God and a muhammed being superior to Jesus.
I don't see where anyone could be superior to Jesus [other than, in their minds, Allah] if they believe 1)Jesus is alive in heaven now, 2)Jesus will return to defeat the antichrist, and 3)Jesus is the Messiah.
I think it's a bit like this. Daniel was a prophet. Jesus was one too. We classify Jesus higher than Daniel.
They classify muhammed higher than Jesus.
They have something like progressive revelation. As in contradictions...
There are contradictions in the quran. Even admitted by those hate-beards. But they don't see it as contradictions. It are newer and better laws. The later verses overrule the former ones in case of contradiction. I believe it's the same with Jesus. He taught older laws that are now improved by those of muhammed. Plus Jesus is not the son of god/allah. I think their allah has no sons at all. Not even muhammed.
 :2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »
I don't see where anyone could be superior to Jesus [other than, in their minds, Allah] if they believe 1)Jesus is alive in heaven now, 2)Jesus will return to defeat the antichrist, and 3)Jesus is the Messiah
So they worship a Jew? Whoops.
But then I have to ask what about muhammed the warrior? Isn't he able to slay the antichrist?
Slaying the antichrist, the biggest opponent of allah, seems the job of the biggest man of all time.
That would make Jesus better than muhammed. I'm not so sure any muslim will say such a thing....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
I don't see where anyone could be superior to Jesus [other than, in their minds, Allah] if they believe 1)Jesus is alive in heaven now, 2)Jesus will return to defeat the antichrist, and 3)Jesus is the Messiah
But then I have to ask what about muhammed the warrior? Isn't he able to slay the antichrist?
Slaying the antichrist, the biggest opponent of allah, seems the job of the biggest man of all time.
That would make Jesus better than muhammed. I'm not so sure any muslim will say such a thing....

Muhammed is the final prophet.  Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed are all major prophets.  Our Bible also calls Jesus a prophet.  But, Jesus is going to return close to the hour of judgment.  I don't see Muhammed doing that, nor is he considered Messiah.   I also think they say that Jesus will rule the world from Jerusalem.   Don't forget, these 3 major religions all have a presence in Jerusalem and consider it the holiest place on earth--because of the Messiah.

So, the Jews call themselves Jews after the tribe of Judah (the tribe of Jesus) but don't claim him as the Messiah.  Yet, they cling to Jerusalem because the Messiah will rule from there.  Whereas the Muslims believe Jesus is the Messiah [like the Christians] and also believe that he will rule from Jerusalem.

They all trace themselves either physically or spiritually to Abraham.

And, they think they are all enemies.  How strange is this? Only God could arrange something like this.   It's enough to make a believer out of you...

Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Gab

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 12:24:22 PM »

Something that I think one must understand about Islam is that it holds that none are to be worshiped except God.  They worship, or at least are supposed to worship, neither Jesus nor Muhammad.  As I understand it, the main difference between Islam and Christianity with regards to Jesus is that Islam does not find it proper to worship or consider Jesus as an equal to God.  They view Jesus as the son of God, but in the same way that one might call a group the sons of the desert: he was one - the only one - who truly understood God and could speak of God with authority, but he is not equal to God (so Islam holds).

Islam holds Muhammad as the last prophet, and the one considered to deliver to the people the true, uncorrupted word of God, but I do not believe (although someone may correct me) that he is elevated above all other prophets.  If there's one thing that Islam is very strong about, it's ensuring that no human worships anything or anyone but God.