Author Topic: MJ and I  (Read 1233 times)

Offline AJ

• Snr
    • Jesus the Light of the World
MJ and I
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
MJ and I

Sparrow said from another thread:
I think a lot of folks saw Michael Jackson as a never ending source of amusement/ridicule.
Instead of seeing him as a human being.
Now they are realizing that yes, he was a human being.
With feelings.
Perhaps, in death, Michael will have changed some for the better.
I say this from experience.

Please bear with me….this does have a good ending.

Similar of others who posted here….I went beyond them…because I had a great disdain and dislike for MJ.
I literally could not stand to look at him or listen to anything coming from him.
Fortunately - I had kept my thoughts to myself.
I thought of him as a one man freak show.

My wife and daughter like most folks … wept and cried and tried to get me to watch some of the funeral….after 15 minutes I was so disgusted with all the glory given to him….I got up and left the room.

I kept thinking to myself…  "The first shall be last and the last shall be first."
Here's further how my mind was thinking:

Farmer Joe, down the road died a few days ago….he raised a family, lived an honest life, helped everyone he could and eventually died of a heart attack.
His funeral was the same day as MJ's – but it was in a small country church, no glitz or glory.  Just a small gathering and buried in a cheap pine box.

So you see how in my mind….I connected the lifestyles and funerals - from the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man.
Later that night I went to bed….all smug in my thoughts and feelings about MJ.

Then a familiar voice spoke to me….there was no rebuke…it was gentle and loving.
It asked me if I had ever prayed for Michael?
………………………………………………after a long thoughtful pause I quietly answered …..no.

I immediately decided to pray for MJ and his family.  I know God is not limited to time or space.  It really doesn't make any difference to HIM when we pray….it's just that we do pray.

After an hour of praying ……a great transformation took place in ME.
I experienced a tremendous love for Michael….a love that I never in my wildest
expectation could ever believe….that I would have for him.
This love certainly didn't come from me….I realized it is just a taste of the love that our Heaven Father has for him……and everyone.

This experience and love has stayed with me for days.
In just a moment of time ….God changed this O' self-righteous mind and heart of mine.

He showed me I was acting exactly like the elder brother had – when the younger brother finally came home.
I've shared this experience with others….especially other 'elder brother' believers that I've come in contact with.

Peace, AJ.
"Pretty soon, everybody will get what they deserve, which is ..."Salvation"..."Reconciliation"..."Restitution"..."Restoration"..."Immortality"... and "Incorruption" --- now ain't that the coolest thing?

Offline Seth

• Silver
Re: MJ and I
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
MJ and I

I think a lot of folks saw Michael Jackson as a never ending source of amusement/ridicule.
With feelings.

Similar of others who posted here….I went beyond them…because I had a great disdain and dislike for MJ.
I literally could not stand to look at him or listen to anything coming from him.

My wife and daughter like most folks … wept and cried and tried to get me to watch some of the funeral….after 15 minutes I was so disgusted with all the glory given to him….I got up and left the room.

I kept thinking to myself…  "The first shall be last and the last shall be first."

Farmer Joe, down the road died a few days ago….he raised a family, lived an honest life, helped everyone he could and eventually died of a heart attack.
His funeral was the same day as MJ's – but it was in a small country church, no glitz or glory.  Just a small gathering and buried in a cheap pine box.

So you see how in my mind….I connected the lifestyles and funerals - from the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man.

Then a familiar voice spoke to me….there was no rebuke…it was gentle and loving.

I immediately decided to pray for MJ and his family.  I know God is not limited to time or space.  It really doesn't make any difference to HIM when we pray….it's just that we do pray.

This love certainly didn't come from me….I realized it is just a taste of the love that our Heaven Father has for him……and everyone.

In just a moment of time ….God changed this O' self-righteous mind and heart of mine.

He showed me I was acting exactly like the elder brother had – when the younger brother finally came home.
I've shared this experience with others….especially other 'elder brother' believers that I've come in contact with.

Peace, AJ.

That's an awesome testimony AJ  :cloud9:

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »
Mat 6:9  "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 10  'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

What does it mean, pray in this way...?  Your will be done!  I think you know!

Michael Jackson's life had nothing what so ever to do with our prayers.... But with the will of the Father!  :nod:

Paul

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 12:24:42 AM »
Quote from: AJ

Yes, that's what it is.  For God so loved the world...

He's letting us know that more and more, lately, don't you think?   And, MJ could teach that to young people in a way no church ever could.  Thank you so much for that testimony, AJ!

I particularly love the ending on this video,  Black or White.  Isn't it ironic that it took a black man turned white (from an auto-immune skin disease, Vitiligo)  to make the bridge between all the races of the world. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBs6-cmFvQ

Here is a flashmob tribute to him in Stockholm.  These have been held from London to San Francisco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je1KOcBYGjM

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 03:03:50 AM »
Man, AJ....

That is one of the most beautiful things I've read.
Your testimony just gave me a huge rush of love in my heart for God.
thank you for sharing that.
So raw, powerful and full of love.
God bless you, friend.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:30:00 AM »
 :cloud9: That was beautiful AJ....... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Tim B

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
Yay! Nice story! God and you love MJ now!  :bigGrin:

Offline dboutwell

• Snr
    • Scared Of Hell,com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »
Awesome testimony AJ.  Yay God!! :thumbsup:
Blessings :)

Debbie

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
MJ and I

With feelings.

Peace, AJ.

:happyclap:  That is only the work of a loving God. That is just like God to do something like that, and so quick..Awesome God he is..  :cloud9: