Author Topic: Michael Jackson died!  (Read 7992 times)

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Michael Jackson died!
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 04:10:54 PM »
I just can't believe he's dead :2c:

He just took the next step...
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline chuckt

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 04:17:08 PM »
I just can't believe he's dead :2c:

even after all the news coverage and solid proof that he's gone ?
 :laughing7:

im sure there will be sightings so fret not.

chuckt

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

yeah, i sorta made fun of MJ i feel,bad now.

forgive me.

chuckt/euty

There's a lot of that sentiment going around right now.... :sigh:

I think this is very true.
I think a lot of folks saw Michael Jackson as a neverending source of amusement/ridicule.
Instead of seeing him as a human being.
Now they are realizing that yes, he was a human being.
With feelings.

Perhaps, in death, Michael will have changed some for the better.
I say this from experience.
Sometimes a death can bring about a sorrow about what you did or did not do for a person.
This can either make you go downhill, or it can make you reach out for God's hand.

Let's all just pray that it makes a lot of people reach out for God's hand.

Peace.

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline chuckt

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »

yeah, i sorta made fun of MJ i feel,bad now.

forgive me.

chuckt/euty

There's a lot of that sentiment going around right now.... :sigh:

I think this is very true.
I think a lot of folks saw Michael Jackson as a neverending source of amusement/ridicule.
Instead of seeing him as a human being.
Now they are realizing that yes, he was a human being.
With feelings.

Perhaps, in death, Michael will have changed some for the better.
I say this from experience.
Sometimes a death can bring about a sorrow about what you did or did not do for a person.
This can either make you go downhill, or it can make you reach out for God's hand.

Let's all just pray that it makes a lot of people reach out for God's hand.

Peace.

yes you show wisdom here.

God bless
chuckt

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »

Well, little eleven year old Paris got the last word:

'Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And, I just want to say, I love him so much.'

Offline Akira Takahashi

• Est
  • Hero of Time
    • Nerdy Goodness
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
Watched the entire music video for Thriller.  No one could dance like Michael Jackson.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »

Well, I watched the "memorial" ........and all I can say is that
"I felt the Lord!"

Our whole family watched it together.  It was beautiful.   Michael Jackson was used by God yesterday to reach into hearts across the globe.  In his death, he did more than he ever could have done with a 'come-back' tour which he was planning.  And to imagine a man as emaciated as him facing a tour of 50 concerts while he was obviously in unimaginable physical and emotional pain - it is hard to think of it.   I'm glad God took him before he had to do that last tour and vindicated Michael before the eyes of his enemies yesterday.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
im sure there will be sightings so fret not.

He moved in with Elvis, they are working on a new song, something like.

I'm bad, you know it, don't step on my blue suedes or you'll be singing the jailhouse rock while the chilly winds blow. so beat it!

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »
willieH: Greetings my dear TM family...  :boyheart:

I watched the entire memorial service, and many times during it, I had tears in my eyes...

Just because he was famous and had a lot of money, he became a tabloid target, which led to all the ridiculous accusations made against him...

He was one of a kind, a fabulous entertainer, and a heart that never had a childhood.  Reaching out to others often, unrighteously and unfoundedly blasted just as often...

I was quite touched when it was mentioned that he was in the Guiness book of World Records for having donated and helped monetarily MORE than ANY other entertainer...  That says it all for me...

He was a writer with conviction as Molly has displayed today... (thanks Molly), and though I am not a fan of modern music... He was ONE of few, that was still capable of an ORIGINAL effort... and still be worthy of a purchase of that music!

Able to capture an listening as well as a visual audience... Praise the Lord for the life of Michael Jackson... He deservedly is mentioned as one of, if not the greatest ever in his field...

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 08:46:55 PM »

Well, I watched the "memorial" ........and all I can say is that
"I felt the Lord!"

Me too RLV... much LOVE and sharing...

"Soon very soon, we are going to see the King"...

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

Tim B

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »
Yeah, I used to make a slight joke regarding Michael Jackson (nothing inappropriate), but I can't do it now that he's dead. Him dying put the importance of his existence into better lighting, and I don't wish to make the joke anymore. God bless Michael Jackson!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
All the beautiful music written for the high voice in the middle ages and Renaissance was sung by....men and boys.  Women were not allowed to sing in church settings or in public.  What men were able to hit those high notes?  Most prominently, the castrati, who,  from the 16th to the 19th century, were men who were castrated as boys to preserve the clear high vocal ability of the boy soprano.   Now you have a man whose voice has not changed but with the large lung and vocal capacity of the male body.  It was said of them that they had the voices of angels.  Some, such as Farinelli,  were said to be able to sing a range of three octaves.  Without the castrati, the high notes reserved by God for boy sopranos and grown women would have to be sung by the tinny, thin voices of male falsettists.  Did everyone already know this?  As Michael Jackson has said, history is not taught in schools.

I am so blessed that I live in a time when I have had the freedom and great pleasure to sing music that was originally written for male voices!  And, God preserved this beautiful music for those who would inherit it rightfully--the female soprano voice.

Western choral tradition begins with early Christianity, where patristic writers refer to antiphonal and responsorial singing in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. There are reasons for believing that some chant was chorally performed in the Middle Ages; not until c 1430 was polyphony assigned to choirs. In medieval churches and monasteries, choirs were composed entirely of men, sometimes with boys, because of St Paul's prohibition of women's singing in church; women were permitted to sing only in convents. A typical cathedral choir might consist of four to six boys and ten to 13 men.

During the Renaissance, secular music continued to be sung by soloists, except in certain festive contexts (e.g. royal wedding festivities). Sacred polyphony began to be sung chorally, however, with choirs commonly in four basic voice parts, akin to the modern soprano-alto-tenor-bass (SATB) distribution. Soprano parts were normally assigned to boys until the 16th century, when castrato singers were introduced into Roman Catholic church choirs; the alto parts were sung by men with high voices, or in falsetto, or by boys. Later, castrato singers took over the alto as well as soprano parts. Choirs of 20-30 were used in the late 15th and early 16th centuries, though it is uncertain how many were used at any individual performance. But instances are recorded of larger choirs, for example 62 singers at Munich, under Lassus, c 1570, and English performances with more than 70 when the Chapel Royal combined with another institution.

In the Baroque period these trends continued, for example at a feast in honour of S Petronio at Bologna in 1687, with a choir of 65, and at Handel's funeral in London, in 1759, where three choirs combined. In the late Baroque period, St Mark's, Venice, had a choir of 36; the English Chapel Royal had 34 to 38; there were 30 at Buxtehude's Abendmusik concerts at Lübeck; and Bach's choir at full strength numbered 36 (though in practice the number singing at any individual service was probably much smaller, even one or two to a part; in a plan for reforms Bach requested that some 12 singers be on call). Antiphonal effects were often used, for example in the traditional decani-cantores arrangement in English churches, the famous Venetian cori spezzati ('broken choirs', spatially apart) and similarly in Germany and in Rome where polychoral performance particularly flourished.

http://www.answers.com/topic/chorus
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:37:18 PM by Molly »

noname

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
I hope all those molested boys share your sentiments...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »
Are you talking to me?  There is no proof that any boys were molested.  Even one who was paid off has apparently recanted as an adult, and MJ was found not guilty the one time they tried to take him to trial.  Unfortunately, once an accusation like that is made, it's hard to recover even though it is false.

Thousands of sick and disabled children visited his ranch through Make a Wish foundation and others,  where they were treated to hours of fun, and he was always a great benefactor of children's charities.  If there were any evidence of such a thing, I could never enjoy his music--there is no evidence and never will be, because he was falsely accused.

It might be a more interesting question to ask--why did he have so many enemies who wanted to take him out? 

Although he was acquitted of all charges, he never recovered from the stress and heartbreak of the 2005 trial.

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed.

--Wm. Shakespeare, Othello, Act 3, scene 3

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:55:38 PM by Molly »

Offline chuckt

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
Hi molly im reminded of this passage:

1Cr 4:5 so, then, nothing before the time judge ye, till the Lord may come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of the darkness, and will manifest the counsels of the hearts, and then the praise shall come to each from God. 

God bless
euty

Offline chuckt

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »

1Cr 4:5 so, then, nothing before the time judge ye, till the Lord may come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of the darkness, and will manifest the counsels of the hearts, and then the praise shall come to each from God. 

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 07:07:41 PM »

Chuck, I'm glad you wrote the above.  We believe that GOD was
"in" Christ, reconciling the "world" unto HIMSELF.

And, I was just thinking of the "millions" who for "hours" watched
an "annointed" service giving "glory" to His Mercy and LIFE.  God
looks at the heart, how very fortunate we are when "we" can do
that.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
RLV, I just wanted to tell you what a great comfort you have been to me through this--as a witness to what you have seen here.  This whole thing has hurt my heart so much.  It just seems that whenever a great talent enters this awful world, it has to be crucified, spit on, and trashed.   This man soared to heights that most of us will never see--so we have two choices, look up, be glad for him, and enjoy what he is sharing with us, or pull him down to our level and trample him under our feet.  His life was a tragedy, but I know for sure from his music and dancing that he did have moments of pure joy and knew God.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

--John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Offline chuckt

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 08:17:13 PM »

Chuck, I'm glad you wrote the above.  We believe that GOD was
"in" Christ, reconciling the "world" unto HIMSELF.

And, I was just thinking of the "millions" who for "hours" watched
an "annointed" service giving "glory" to His Mercy and LIFE.  God
looks at the heart, how very fortunate we are when "we" can do
that.

Amen, i apologized to the people at work for making fun of MJ, i was ashamed as i thought about my words. and witness i gave that day.

inlove
chuckt

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
Hey Chuck...
love ya. your post was very humbling.
thank you for sharing that.
 :HeartThrob:,
sparrow.

"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline chuckt

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
Hey Chuck...
sparrow.

everytime i think im getting spiritual i goof up and BAM, i see the real me.

how long oh Lord , how long.....

peace and love

chuckt

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 08:30:14 PM »
Hey Chuck...
sparrow.

everytime i think im getting spiritual i goof up and BAM, i see the real me.

how long oh Lord , how long.....

peace and love

chuckt

We gotta cling to Him, don't we?  :HeartThrob:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline chuckt

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 08:44:47 PM »

indeed.

if we where made perfect on this side we would forget about him with the quickness.

many blessing to you sparrow.

chuckt

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »

indeed.

if we where made perfect on this side we would forget about him with the quickness.

many blessing to you sparrow.

chuckt

Hey! I was just reading something the other day about that very same thing.
I'll have to dig it up and post it tonight.
had to do with aging, etc.
good stuff.
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 08:58:56 PM »
Gene Kelly and Michael Jackson dancing together to Singing in the Rain courtesy of a fan and some creative splicing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jtp-RAdI0