Author Topic: ABC Nightline...Does Satan Exist?  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Raggedy Anne

Re: ABC Nightline...Does Satan Exist?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
These topics can never be 'settled'.  It is similar to someone who believes in God arguing with someone who is convinced there is no God.   The closest I could come to answering this is in the way that Cardinal did already.  There obviously IS a son of Perdition and i think that son is bound up with the sons of God until a final separation occurrs which is God's work.   :icon_flower:

Me, myself, and I

p.s.
I found a link about the ABC special:
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/faceoff
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:50:03 AM by Raggedy Anne »
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 05:50:28 AM »
It is amazing how abysmally ignorant men have been about their own composition and capabilities. I imagine the part that gets to me the most is that people already have what they thought was missing misapprehending their own complete natures.

I have become more circumspect, carefully considering all possibilities, and coming to the conclusion that the house, temple or tabernacle of God who is Spirit (and life) resides within. And not only this, but the battle is also taking place within the soul of my being; mind, will and emotions having a personal reference or connection, if you will.

"Sin is in the fold of the fleshly garment."

peacemaker

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 06:49:16 AM »
Was Jesus tempted at all?

cp

Good question.  Certainly he was, led into the wilderness, without food for 40 days and 40 nights, wasn't it?    Now how can that be?  It is a symbol of the whole history of the human race and history to me.  But I will let everyone answer that for him or herself.

Anne
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:51:00 AM by Raggedy Anne »

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
Was Jesus tempted at all?

cp

Good question.  Certainly he was, led into the wilderness, without food for 40 days and 40 nights, wasn't it?    Now how can that be?  It is a symbol of the whole history of the human race and history to me.  But I will let everyone answer that for him or herself.

Anne

It is a good question, there is no doubt that Satan (in whatever manner satan is in truth) was confronting Jesus with his various inticements.

So the issue is if Jesus ever considered any of the things Satan had to offer.

If everyone reading this looks at their lives we can find a nature of things that we give no second thought about not doing.    Thats where Jesus was and the example of what to strive for.

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »
I remember reading from the strong's concordance back in '77. If you go to the root of the root word for tempt (test) it means "to pierce through".

It means to arrange circumstances in such a way that the true nature of a thing can be ascertained.

ie: To pierce through (test) means: to "find out what is REALLY there" 

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »
 :cloud9: Interesting, as the afikomen (bread for Passover) was PIERCED. It was also traditionally BROKEN into 3 pieces, the last of which is BURIED OR HID and left for the CHILDREN to find. Reminds me of the pure in heart (children) shall see God and, of such is the Kingdom made of. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 03:00:38 AM »

they also call a 'pearl' that has been peirced a 'widow'

Rev 21;21 the twelve gates were twelve pearls,each

gate made of a single pearl

I agree with Anne's post about the sons of perdition bound up

with the sons of God and also remind you of the parable of the

wheat and weeds. When the angels asked God if He wanted

them to go forth and seperate them..He replied No, lest you

uproot  the wheat. Also I think this bears wittness to

Cards post,also,in regard to asking God to just kill satan and

get it over with, and her own testimony where  it was said,

'you'd die from the shock of it"

Sheila

adam

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »
Jesus experienced real temptation as He had human nature - we've been taught this made His sacrifice on the Cross all the more potent as He's remained sinless despite being tempted the same way we are.  And maybe sharing our struggles maybe helps Him sympathise with us more directly.

Satan is surely a real entity, i dont see how anyone can believe the Bible and not believe that?  One day he to will be reconciled with God, along with all things in Heaven or Earth.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
Satan is surely a real entity, i dont see how anyone can believe the Bible and not believe that?  One day he to will be reconciled with God, along with all things in Heaven or Earth.

Well, if you substitute the word EVIL or WICKED ONE for Satan, then I don't see why anyone thinks God is going to reconcile EVIL.  Jesus came to deliver us from Satan's kingdom, and Christ himself said that Satan "hath nothing in me" and that he, Jesus would lose nothing "except the son of Perdition".   So I don't buy into the sympathy for the devil theories.  I don't think there will be any mercy for Satan.  Perhaps he will simply "be no more".  I see Satan as a tool in God's hands and not a fellow with a reconcilable soul.   I think of Satan as the spirit of anti-Christ.

Anne

p.s. 'Resist the devil and he will FLEE from you'.  That doesn't sound like anyone that God intends to turn into my brother.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:34:58 PM by Raggedy Anne »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
If satan is a real entity and God hates him; why did He made a deal with satan to test Job?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...