Author Topic: Joseph Prince  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Joseph Prince
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »
I am curious if anyone has come across a book by Joseph Prince entitled "Destined to Reign", or if anyone has any thoughts on Joseph Prince in general.

Offline onlytruth

Re: Joseph Prince
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »
seen a bit of him on tv sunday,has a lot of grace on him....he seems to want to move away from the religous establishment, but when listening he gets caught saying things that don't quite add up and you can see him actually looking a little puzzeled
Also seen Jack vanimpe tear a strip off TBN and rob bell and now Billy Graham is being called on his views "that God will meet people where they are at,even if they are in a different religion."
Things seem to be shaking a lot
blessings :icon_king:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »
Hmmm . . .you're take on Joseph Prince kinda fits the book as well.  We're just starting it, have a lot of book to go through, and he'll say some things that are just awesome, then turn around and contradict himself.  The one part that got my dander up yesterday, this is our Sunday School lesson for the adult class by the way . . .they're going through it page-by-page.  If you have the book this part is off of page 33.  It's under the heading "discerning grace" and it goes like this . . .

The new covenant of grace is so powerful that there have been attempts to pervert the teaching on God's grace.  There are so-called preachers who are preaching a "grace" that is not of God!  They believe in "universal salvation" and claim that because of God's grace, all will be saved, even without believing in Jesus.  This is a lie from the pit of hell!  (he put it in bold in the book)  No man can be saved except through our Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.  No man comes to the Father and receives eternal life except through Jesus!  There is no grace without the person of Jesus.  The teaching of "universal salvation" is a LIE that dishonors Jesus and negates HIS work on the cross!  True grace always makes Jesus the center of everything.  It's time for the church to tear down these fences of controversy around grace and start unveiling more and more of Jesus.

When believers don't understand that God's grace is His undeserved, unearned and unmerited favor, they will depend on their own efforts to keep the law of Moses to deserve, earn and merit His favor.  Similarly, when believers don't understand that righteousness is a gift and that it is about "right standing" and not "right doing", they will depend on their own efforts to earn this gift.

End of quote.

After reading that I just kinda sat there and wondered why, in the middle of his explanation about what grace was, why did he seemingly out of the blue throw universal salvation believers under the bus?  And where in the world did he get his definition of what a universalist was?  It was a number of months back that one of my peers . . .a pastor of the same denomination as I who is also in the same district, he put a comment on his face book that had very much the same remarks.  His description of what one was, was the same thing that Joseph Prince is saying here.  I'm wondering now, if that's not where he got it from.  I commented on his face book and told him if "that's" what a universalist truly is, then I'm not one either.  Because from what I've gathered, no one is saying we're going to heaven regardless of Jesus dying on the cross or not . . .I've never even heard ANYONE imply that!!

The whole concept is BECAUSE OF what Christ did, who he is, and what his purpose was.  It's ALWAYS had him as the center piece.  But it's almost as if these guys are bringing false accusations at what one is, so they can justify their claims that not only is it not of God, but it's from the pit of hell . . . .sheesh . . .

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
I have seen many false accusations about UR beliefs.  And upon these lies some will twist up logic associated with a lie to condemn those who believe in UR as "spewing lies from the pit of hell".  I suppose everything has more punch if you can sensationalize your opinion with lies and threatenings.

If believing that the death and ressurection of Jesus was such a glorious event that ALL men will be saved...is a "lie from the pit of hell" then I would like to see what the truth is. 

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
The emphasis most have when it comes to this is that everything revolves around the consciousness of man.  The power of the cross can only save me from hell if MY CONSCIOUSNESS responds to his call in my life.  The power of the cross is only as strong as the consciousness of man.

Ticks me off.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
I think many who read about Ur think that all men will be saved and get away scott free.

Kind of like, on death row evaluation

Evil man: "on earth I butchered  ,stole and killed christians"

God "Enter into, my peace, just don't try kill any saints, coz I have taught them kung fu and they will beat the evil out of you, some also have cross and bow"

The gospel however makes statements such as

God saves all mankind, but yet also has statements such as depart from me ye that work iniquity

But in retrospect, perhaps the evil man living in heaven is a sort of punishment, since on Earth he lived according to his own desires, but in heaven he will not be liked and branded as a criminal perhaps 24 hour surveillance  :dontknow:

But my hope is that criminals and so forth can enter a magical created world that is designed to teach them about their life etc. Sort of like an evaluation. Within this fantasy land they can go over regrets and try to make things right.

It'll be good for training bad kids, who don't respect the property in heaven. Maybe God can give them mansions etc and then do a "Job" on them, so he takes away the mansion and humbles them to respect other people property.

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
Rule of thumb.....you may feel otherwise, but....... to argue or debate other wise is immature thinking.

ALL TV ministries/ministers are bogus, all they want/desire is your money. They know how to talk and sway the basic orthodox beliefs to babes who accept what they say. You see and hear the same thing with motivational speakers for a sales company, or motivating help for those with a low esteem; its a con. They may have started out with a faith in the Bible, having a style with a  believability that grew in popularity. You can say what you want about reaching the multitudes, TV is an entertainment vehicle that either makes money or you ain't on TV.
I know I will not be liked for my post but......that's what it sure looks like to me and most people and that "looks like" is a sure damper to gain believers who seek the truth of what the Bible teaches. :2c: :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »
I think they think they are holding the line because there is a big movement nowadays to do away with Christianity--in case no one has noticed.

Christianity cannot be tolerated by totalitarian governments, so it must go.

They just misunderstand what this board sees as universal salvation, that's all.

They think it's Oprah's 'many ways to God.'

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »
Not so sure about that. The cheerful times of witchburnings and crusades qualify as totalitarian goverment for me.
Yeah right now Christianity isn't part of any totalitarian regime but that doesn't mean it can't be abused as one.
It isn't relgion that chooses a goverment it's a government that chooses religion as a tool to unity, control and oppress.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »
Not so sure about that. The cheerful times of witchburnings and crusades qualify as totalitarian goverment for me.
Yeah right now Christianity isn't part of any totalitarian regime but that doesn't mean it can't be abused as one.
It isn't relgion that chooses a goverment it's a government that chooses religion as a tool to unity, control and oppress.
This is a false argument.

That's like saying because there are crazy people who do crazy things with guns we should ban guns.

There is nothing in the gospel about burning witches or torturing men on the rack, not even an eye for an eye.

Nor is there anything inherent to guns that would cause a crazy person to open fire at a shopping mall.

In religion, as in guns, the solution is for more people to have guns and more people to read the Bible.

Maybe the crazy people would not be so crazy if they knew someone could fight back.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »
That's like saying because there are crazy people who do crazy things with guns we should ban guns.
That's NOT what I was saying Molly.
I'm just say religion (all types) are often used to unite people (not that bad) and in more extreme situation abuse religions as a way to control and start wars.
I think the prime example of that is dynamite. Alfred Noble invented dynamite for purely peacefull purposes. He was an engineer that wanted better ways to blast rocks for his contruction works (bridges). Needless to say the military found other uses for dynamite.
Dynamite was a noble  :winkgrin: thing (religion) it was good for society. Until general Killalot found other uses for it. (religion used as a tool to raise armies)

That's what I said/was trying to say.
Same can be said about most things. Ranging from kitchen knives to chainsaws. Even electricity.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
That's NOT what I was saying Molly.
I'm just say religion (all types) are often used to unite people (not that bad) and in more extreme situation abuse religions as a way to control and start wars.
I think the prime example of that is dynamite. Alfred Noble invented dynamite for purely peacefull purposes. He was an engineer that wanted better ways to blast rocks for his contruction works (bridges). Needless to say the military found other uses for dynamite.
Dynamite was a noble  :winkgrin: thing (religion) it was good for society. Until general Killalot found other uses for it. (religion used as a tool to raise armies)

That's what I said/was trying to say.
Same can be said about most things. Ranging from kitchen knives to chainsaws. Even electricity.
It's for that specific reason that our Founders outlawed a state run religion--[as in England where the King is the head of the state and the head of the Episcople church].  This was not separation of state and church,--because they all openly worshipped God at state functions-- it was a disallowance of any one [flavor of Christianity] taking over the state's governance.

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
When religion is sold for man's monetary and worldly gain, and has a following, the gospel will seek the true believers who desire to hear the Truth.  What is different with a peoples faith in Jesus and a peoples faith in whatever God they believe in? The faith that I have for my Savior is no different than the faith an enemy would have in who they believe to be their savior.
When one looks at the history of our OT, do we not find the same bloody killing and wars that we see today in our enemies.

The true believers in Jesus Christ know that no matter what it may look like, the true believers KNOW that
Isa 54:17  No instrument formed against thee, shall prosper, And every tongue that riseth against thee in judgment, shalt thou prove to be lawless,—This is the inheritance of the servants of Yahweh. And, their righteousness, is from me, Declareth Yahweh.

When christians blow up over all the stuff that seems to be raging against them, I believe that they forget or never knew
No instrument formed against thee, shall prosper, And every tongue that riseth against thee in judgment, shalt thou prove to be lawless,
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.