Author Topic: John 6 - Jesus' hard sayings!  (Read 840 times)

Quaesitor

John 6 - Jesus' hard sayings!
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:54:54 AM »
26 Jesus answered them and said, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you, You are seeking Me, not that you perceived signs, but that you ate of the bread and are satisfied.
27 Do not work for the food which is perishing, but for the food which is remaining for life eonian, which the Son of Mankind will be giving to you, for this One God, the Father, seals."
28 They said, then, to Him, "What may we be doing that we may be working the works of God?"
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you may be believing in that One Whom He commissions."
30 They said, then, to Him, "What sign, then, are you doing, that we may be perceiving and should be believing you? What are you working?
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, according as it is written, Bread out of heaven He gives them to eat."
32 Jesus, then, said to them, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you, not Moses has given you the bread out of heaven,
33 but My Father is giving you Bread out of heaven, the true, for the Bread of God is He Who is descending out of heaven and giving life to the world."
34 They said, then, to Him, "Lord! always be giving us this Bread!"
35 Jesus, then, said to them, "I am the Bread of life. He who is coming to Me should under no circumstances be hungering, and he who is believing in Me will under no circumstances ever be thirsting.
36 But I said to you that you have also seen Me and you are not believing Me.
37 All that which the Father is giving to Me shall be arriving to Me, and he who is coming to Me I should under no circumstances be casting out,
38 for I have descended from heaven, not that I should be doing My will, but the will of Him Who sends Me.
39 Now this is the will of Him Who sends Me, that all which He has given to Me, of it I should be losing nothing, but I shall be raising it in the last day.
40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who is beholding the Son and believing in Him may have life eonian, and I shall be raising him in the last day."
41 The Jews, then, murmured concerning Him, that He said, "I am the Bread which descends out of heaven."
42 And they said, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, with whose father and mother we are acquainted? How, then, is he saying that 'Out of heaven have I descended'?"
43 Jesus, then, answered and said to them, "Do not murmur with one another.
44 No one can come to Me if ever the Father Who sends Me should not be drawing him. And I shall be raising him in the last day.

John 17:2
1 These things speaks Jesus, and lifting His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, come has the hour. Glorify Thy Son, that Thy Son should be glorifying Thee,
2 according as Thou givest Him authority over all flesh, that everything which Thou hast given to Him, He should be giving it to them, even life eonian.

Which flesh is not His?
What has God not given to Christ?

1 Cor. 15
27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

Isn't it clear enough?
Is there anything else to say?

PaoloNuevo

Re: John 6 - Jesus' hard sayings!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 02:36:04 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:08 AM »
 :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

gky

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
Awesome - another text (I'm not sure I recall this set of text being presented) representing a strong case for UR.
Thanks for shedding this fresh lens on something I've read/heard numerous times.