Author Topic: image and likeness  (Read 2112 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: image and likeness
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Don't want to steer Micah's thread off-topic to much.
Another word thread perhaps?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

goodreport

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »
Don't want to steer Micah's thread off-topic to much.
Another word thread perhaps?

WW, yes, another word thread.  Thanks for your thoughtfulness regarding Micah's OP. 

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »
Some years ago the result of searching out this "Image and Likeness" in Hebrew resulted in my sometimes using "Form and Similitude" to distinguish the difference.  Generally, humans have the same form:  a head, two arms and two legs.  They are quite different from one another in their inner nature.  Those earnestly following the leading of Jesus' Spirit have the same likeness.  They are in the similitude of Jesus.

Identical twins have the same form; but, they may be very dissimilar.  One is gay and the other is not (which would be impossible if those inclinations were genetic.  They would have the same genetic code.  Naturally occurring clones, they would both always be the same.)  One is jovial and fun.  The other is serious and moody.  If their personalities were more similar we could say they were of the same likeness.

A jar has a certain form.  I have one made by the same potter in a similar but slightly different color.  One is in the image of the other.  The white powders they contain have the same form.  Because they are both sweet, one peach flavored and the other a raspberry flavored sugar, they are of like kind.

The verses where this appears explain God's purpose is to have many with whom He may be intimate.  The Shepherd cannot lie with the sheep or they both would be put to death.  God wants a bride for His Son to bring forth His image and likeness that it may have dominion.  This is described by Paul, both corporately and individually, as a Perfect, or Mature Man:  The measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ (Ep 413.)  This is a Royal Priesthood.

The virgins have no intimacy with the king.  The concubines have received seed; but, not running lawfully, they do not bear the exact image.  The queens bring forth heirs in the image and likeness of the king.  Yet, "My beloved is one."  These are some 30, some 60, some 100 fold considerations.

"God is restoring His Image in the earth and raising it up to inherit all things.  In the light of its rising all things are revealed." (--Rex Andrews)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
Some years ago the result of searching out this "Image and Likeness" in Hebrew resulted in my sometimes using "Form and Similitude" to distinguish the difference.  Generally, humans have the same form:  a head, two arms and two legs.  They are quite different from one another in their inner nature.  Those earnestly following the leading of Jesus' Spirit have the same likeness.  They are in the similitude of Jesus.

Identical twins have the same form; but, they may be very dissimilar.  One is gay and the other is not (which would be impossible if those inclinations were genetic.  They would have the same genetic code.  Naturally occurring clones, they would both always be the same.)  One is jovial and fun.  The other is serious and moody.  If their personalities were more similar we could say they were of the same likeness.

A jar has a certain form.  I have one made by the same potter in a similar but slightly different color.  One is in the image of the other.  The white powders they contain have the same form.  Because they are both sweet, one peach flavored and the other a raspberry flavored sugar, they are of like kind.

The verses where this appears explain God's purpose is to have many with whom He may be intimate.  The Shepherd cannot lie with the sheep or they both would be put to death.  God wants a bride for His Son to bring forth His image and likeness that it may have dominion.  This is described by Paul, both corporately and individually, as a Perfect, or Mature Man:  The measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ (Ep 413.)  This is a Royal Priesthood.

The virgins have no intimacy with the king.  The concubines have received seed; but, not running lawfully, they do not bear the exact image.  The queens bring forth heirs in the image and likeness of the king.  Yet, "My beloved is one."  These are some 30, some 60, some 100 fold considerations.

"God is restoring His Image in the earth and raising it up to inherit all things.  In the light of its rising all things are revealed." (--Rex Andrews)

Thanks I can hear some of that, and worth more study. :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
Me too.  :gimmefive:

CHB