Author Topic: If God Asked..........  (Read 4404 times)

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: If God Asked..........
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 03:53:36 AM »

Sparrow,

I believe sometimes we think alike. You said it all for me.  :goodone:

CHB

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 08:03:46 AM »
 :popout:

:LoveH1:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 07:52:06 PM »
Do any of you ever feel like you are looking at the physical realm from the spiritual instead of the other way around? Like you are already seated with Christ in another dimension or that you really have a bit of the mind of Christ? I don't mean just being lifted up in prayer or a moment here or there but do you feel as if you are kind of transfered over into the other realm and are seeing this world of flesh as a vapor.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Do any of you ever feel like you are looking at the physical realm from the spiritual instead of the other way around? Like you are already seated with Christ in another dimension or that you really have a bit of the mind of Christ? I don't mean just being lifted up in prayer or a moment here or there but do you feel as if you are kind of transfered over into the other realm and are seeing this world of flesh as a vapor.

cp

hmmmm. I don't know, CP. I do have a certain "view" but I don't think this is what you're talking about, but I'll share it anyway. I kind of see this world, as a sea. The bottom of the sea is very dark and murky, full of all sorts of sea plants that you can get all tangled up in. There are beams of some sort of light always shining down that you swim into and out of, sometimes we swim up towards the source of the light. But then...the sea plants kind of curl around us, and we turn back around and swim back down towards the murkiness. This is life. And it repeats itself.  Everyone has a different experience. As we swim up higher and higher towards the surface, towards the source of the light, the water becomes just cloudy as opposed to murky, and the sea plants are less dense, giving you more freedom to move around. It also becomes brighter and brighter as you swim to the surface, allowing you to see more. When you break through the surface of the water, you can finally BREATHE! and everything is CLEAR! and bright and you realize there is a whole other WORLD! And the sun (son) is shining and everything is just so clear and you can hardly believe it... who KNEW this other world was available?!

So you're just up there treading water, part of you is out of the water looking up at the sun (son) and feeling the glorious warmth on your face and just in AWE that this other world really exists! But part of you is still in the sea. One day your boat will arrive and will take you to the shores and you will be removed from this "sea" altogether. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

That's kind of how I feel... like part of me IS in another dimension, but at the same time I feel the waters in the sea. Does that make any sense? It's like keeping your eye on the sun (son) but also simultaneously being aware that you are still in the sea... you are not yet on the shore. But you can EXPERIENCE part of the shore, because you can SEE it. I have kind of a weird way of seeing things sometimes and it's not always easy to put into words.. :laughing7:

Anyway, that's probably not what you were talking about... but it did make me think of my "sea" picture.
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Zeek

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 09:45:01 PM »

cp

hmmmm. I don't know, CP. I do have a certain "view" but I don't think this is what you're talking about, but I'll share it anyway. I kind of see this world, as a sea. The bottom of the sea is very dark and murky, full of all sorts of sea plants that you can get all tangled up in. There are beams of some sort of light always shining down that you swim into and out of, sometimes we swim up towards the source of the light. But then...the sea plants kind of curl around us, and we turn back around and swim back down towards the murkiness. This is life. And it repeats itself.  Everyone has a different experience. As we swim up higher and higher towards the surface, towards the source of the light, the water becomes just cloudy as opposed to murky, and the sea plants are less dense, giving you more freedom to move around. It also becomes brighter and brighter as you swim to the surface, allowing you to see more. When you break through the surface of the water, you can finally BREATHE! and everything is CLEAR! and bright and you realize there is a whole other WORLD! And the sun (son) is shining and everything is just so clear and you can hardly believe it... who KNEW this other world was available?!

So you're just up there treading water, part of you is out of the water looking up at the sun (son) and feeling the glorious warmth on your face and just in AWE that this other world really exists! But part of you is still in the sea. One day your boat will arrive and will take you to the shores and you will be removed from this "sea" altogether. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

That's kind of how I feel... like part of me IS in another dimension, but at the same time I feel the waters in the sea. Does that make any sense? It's like keeping your eye on the sun (son) but also simultaneously being aware that you are still in the sea... you are not yet on the shore. But you can EXPERIENCE part of the shore, because you can SEE it. I have kind of a weird way of seeing things sometimes and it's not always easy to put into words.. :laughing7:

Anyway, that's probably not what you were talking about... but it did make me think of my "sea" picture.

I like the analogy sparrow. 

But getting to the shore, i take it u don't think is possible in this life??

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
Sparow, that's exactly what I meant! Good stuff. You ever take LSD? Just kidding!!!!!!

Do you find you are more in that realm than in this physical one?

cp

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 11:07:54 PM »
I like the analogy sparrow. 

But getting to the shore, i take it u don't think is possible in this life??

No. I believe you can get as close to it as possible, but you don't get there until you pass over from this life.
I know many talk of the notion of "heaven is here and now!" but for me, it is not completely, because there are certain barriers that one who is alive on this earth cannot break through. Right now, where I am on my own personal path, I do not subscribe to the notion that "heaven is here NOW!". I think that causes confusion. For me, it's here in that part of me is above water, but it cannot be here until ALL of me is out of the water. I'm bound to this life, in this little flesh suit right now... for a season. But, if someone would like to start a thread or to discuss this further... maybe I am not seeing something that others see. Or perhaps I am seeing the same thing, but experiencing it differently. This is a great topic of discussio and my heart is wide open to different possibilities...

"I knelt to drink,

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 11:09:41 PM »
Sparow, that's exactly what I meant! Good stuff. You ever take LSD? Just kidding!!!!!!

Do you find you are more in that realm than in this physical one?

cp

:laughing7:

Yes. Definitely. I feel like I do exist more in that realm than I do in the physical one. It's strange, because it makes it both harder AND easier to live in the physical. It's a strange little tug of war at times.
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »

cp
well, yes, compared to where I was, say, last year, five years ago, ten years ago, yes.  It just keeps getting bigger and bigger--there's no end to it.

But, I understand now some of what Paul meant when he said this:

1 Corinthians 3:2
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 11:35:25 PM »

cp

he he

been saying it for years...... :icon_flower:..translated

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »
I know, it's like this physical is disappearing right before my eyes. I mean I have a very long way to go but talking and seeing and trying to hear in that language is my first step. Getting away from the physical is another step. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean the physical is bad or should be avoided, I mean it just starts to disappear in more ways than one if yas get ma drift.

cp

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 11:50:48 PM »
I know, it's like this physical is disappearing right before my eyes. I mean I have a very long way to go but talking and seeing and trying to hear in that language is my first step. Getting away from the physical is another step. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean the physical is bad or should be avoided, I mean it just starts to disappear in more ways than one if yas get ma drift.

cp
Be careful, there, you might start forgetting to pay your bills. :laughing7:

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »

I actually lose time..when so in the spirit.Forget to eat

and everything...like wow..have I been in the scriptures for 14

hours?

another thing[this is hard to desribe] it is like the top of

my head is not there..it is like no top on my skull just

opened up all the way to the heavenlies where He is.

A great sense of the heavenly and spiritual realm...

sometimes..when like this..I feel I could almost just move

a tiny bit..and slip completely from my body/ this realm..and

be  totally and wholly in it.  Weird,I know.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »

cp
Be careful, there, you might start forgetting to pay your bills. :laughing7:

Somehow me thinks someone would remind me of such dark chores. Someone is always 'grabbing my foot' and trying to keep me from 'going to my Father'.

cp

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »

I actually lose time..when so in the spirit.Forget to eat

and everything...like wow..have I been in the scriptures for 14

hours?

another thing[this is hard to desribe] it is like the top of

my head is not there..it is like no top on my skull just

opened up all the way to the heavenlies where He is.

A great sense of the heavenly and spiritual realm...

sometimes..when like this..I feel I could almost just move

a tiny bit..and slip completely from my body/ this realm..and

be  totally and wholly in it.  Weird,I know.

I'm only getting there Sheila. Your words are good. Too much of the physical still in my world. The physical is good, well some of it, but I am seeing more and more it is not my home.

Ya know the interesting thing? The more I am feeling my feet are on home turf the funner and easier it is to handle the details of this physcal realm. Oh, frutrations do abound but the things of the physical take on so much more meaning if you get my drift.

cp

Offline Sarah

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 05:52:16 AM »
I know many talk of the notion of "heaven is here and now!" but for me, it is not completely,

I so understand Sparrow. At one point I thought it was the here and now, but then as evil persisted in those around me (and within) I could not deny the suffering. The 'no more tears' didn't ring true in the 'here and now'. Your analogy was beautiful!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 06:30:43 AM »
Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.
If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it.

On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning."
---Mahatma Gandhi

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 08:06:42 AM »
Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.
If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it.

On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning."
---Mahatma Gandhi

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

"Can't, never could!"  :mshock:

martincisneros

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »
If, after this phase of life is over, God asked you why you thought and talked and posted so much about Him, what would you answer?

What do you think you will think of yourself when looking back from the new heavenly perch? What will you think about all the time you spent on this forum for instance?

Just curious.

cp
:Sparkletooth: There's not but a thing or two I'd of preferred to much of my time here. :bgdance:

:thumbsup: Overall, one of the better ways and places to have hammered out a consistently positive worldview that glorifies the lion of the tribe of Judah that's Biblically thorough, liberating, sanctifying, and filled with the prosperity of God. :cloud9:

:happygrin: As far as "judgment day honesty," I've spoken the truth of the gospel with a pure conscience and have pressed for the mark of the high calling of God in Christ endeavoring to speak as much as possible only those things I'm hearing Him say. :winkgrin: