Author Topic: I'm sorry John 12:32- does NOT show Universalism  (Read 2025 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: I'm sorry John 12:32- does NOT show Universalism
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
That's cool VB.  That's the way to keep digging.  I hear what you and eaglesway are both saying.  As far as your initial reaction VB, let me offer a word of encouragement.  I do understand the sentiment and reaction, I've had them myself.  But try to be a little more patient with it - there are MANY scriptures that seem to say something "scary" and unsettling when read through our former mainstream filter (which I believe can often happen automatically, as a conditioned response).  But often, when looked at further and with a more open, searching mind, there are often better explanations, a different view than what mainstream religion has given us.  I don't necessarily agree with every word of it, but for example, here's some pretty interesting stuff.  Blessings.   :thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tentmaker.org/books/BibleThreateningsExplained.html&sa=U&ei=eo_BUO37C4iQ2AXZs4CgCQ&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEPna1vKYwnJjj5Ur6pm8gNdBGPOg
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
VB - regardless - This forum is to help each other grow. We all make mistakes (This time you made a mistake thinking you had made a mistake :laugh:) When we admit our mistakes, that's when we grow. All of us made the mistake of ET at one time or another. Where would we be if we put our hands over our ears and said lalalalala whenever UR is brought up. :Peace2: :dsunny: We value your input.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »
Thanks guys.