Author Topic: how many adams  (Read 2592 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: how many adams
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
IMO Genesis 2 is just a form of writing, going "back over" to give more detail. On the seventh day god rested from all the work He had made. We enter that Sabbath rest when we rest from our own works, in Christ, the last Adam(being the second progenitor in LIFE as Adam was the first in DEATH). Thats the finished work. There are no two Adams in Genesis. Their are not three Adams.  Their are only two vines, the one is Adam, the second is the Last Adam Christ. One vine of death in whom all men grow until they are transplanted into the second Adam Christ, one new man in the new creation, "behold I am making all things new".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:13:45 AM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

whome?

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »
This is craziness, Gen. 1 Adam and Gen. 2 Adam = the same Adam.

Quote from: Forum Rules
4. Calling out any member's views/opinions as stupid, dumb, crazy etc. viz. insults.

Sorry!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »
I wasn't at all offended by your statement.  For me, you weren't saying any one person was crazy, you were simply sharing your opinion of the "idea" being crazy.  And in light of the subject, I can't say I blame you.  I am one who believes there are Two Adams.  The first Adam who we see the recordings of in Genesis, the last Adam who not only was the author of the first Adam, but he was the finisher as well.  The concept of an 8th day Adam, in my opinion, can only be seen as a spiritual principle rather than an actual recreation.

If there are two as some believe, what happened to the first that required a necessity for the second?  Are you saying one of the two are actually the birthing or creation of Christ himself?  If so, then why call him "Adam"?  which, if I'm not mistaken, is connected to the word "red".  Which is of the clay from which he was made.

One other comment about where Adam, the man was formed.  It "does" say he was formed out of the earth, but I'm not so sure the earth he was formed out of is the same condition as the earth we live on now.  He was created from an earth that was not cursed.  The one we live on is still under the curse "for Adam's sake".  It wasn't until Adam recieved fruit from his Eve of knowledge that the earth became cursed.  Why? 

I believe it's the same as what we now see with quantom.  They can take an atom, split it, take one have to the other side of the world and when they minuplate one half, the other half reacts in the same manner as the one they're manipulating.  Man was made of the earth, they were of the same DNA so to speak.  When man stepped out of spiritual alignment by receiving fruit of knowledge from Eve, man cursed himself in doing so.  And because he cursed himself, and he was one with the earth from which he was formed, so also was the earth cursed.

And to take this a step further, the animals were also taken from this same earth.  Were they cursed?  I believe they were.  Originally, all animals were to eat herbs and grass like cows.  But now, the majority of animals eat other living creatures for their main diet.  So yeah, they were also affected by the same curse.

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »
IMO Genesis 2 is just a form of writing, going "back over" to give more detail. On the seventh day god rested from all the work He had made. We enter that Sabbath rest when we rest from our own works, in Christ, the last Adam(being the second progenitor in LIFE as Adam was the first in DEATH). Thats the finished work. There are no two Adams in Genesis. Their are not three Adams.  Their are only two vines, the one is Adam, the second is the Last Adam Christ. One vine of death in whom all men grow until they are transplanted into the second Adam Christ, one new man in the new creation, "behold I am making all things new".

Amen brother, ...very well AND concisely said, Eaglesway...  :goodpost:

There are keys that unlock symbolism noted in the book of Revelation within the "2nd account of Creation" (Gen 2)

...willieH   :thumbsup:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 12:17:41 AM »
willieH: Hi Molly...  :cloud9:

Gen 1 Adam

Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

It is a FACT that not ALL "herbs" which bear SEED are intended for human food... MANY of them are TOXIC and FATALLY POISONOUS to humans. (many internet references available)

Gen 2 Adam

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This "tree" is not a PHYSICAL "tree", Molly... For ADAM did not PHYSICALLY die in the DAY he "ate" of it, his PHYSICAL death took place at 930 years later -- Gen 5:5

The death that ADAM died IN THE DAY he ate... was SPIRITUAL... as was the "eating".

Each man "eats of this tree"... YET does not "eat" of it physically (as in grabs and takes a "bite" of the apple or fig)...

Gen 1 Adam

Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 2 Adam

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

In what way are these different, and/or contrary to each other?  :dontknow:

Gen 1 Adam

..male and female created he them.

Gen 2 Adam

..but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Genetic research has shown (and is pretty common knowledge) that not only is there MALE and FEMALE in every single MAN and WOMAN in adulthood, ...but the fertilized egg does not IMMEDIATELY show ANY gender at all... this is decided LATER.  As in -- phase 2 (Gen 2:wink3:

The WOMAN was already a part of ADAM, yet to be brought forth... And when that "bringing forth" was enacted... it was from a portion OF ADAM that it came.

Gen 1:27 -- says that God created male and female in HIS image... That image is not gender oriented, ...rather is both --- VERY POWERFUL [male] and VERY COMPASSIONATE [female]  :happygrin:

...willieH   :thumbsup:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 07:37:26 AM »
Amen!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com