Author Topic: how many adams  (Read 2622 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
how many adams
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
I may have asked about this before but I just caught some more of it this AM. There is this Pastor Murray out of Gravette, Ark. Today he says that there is a "six day adam "ah-dam" then God rested on the seventh day and on the eighth day God created man "ah haha dam" (thats the way he prounouces it) and I think he said that is where Cain and the Kennites came from and from one of those two "adams" is where Cain got his wife.  And hes pretty adamant(lol) about a clean blood line that is free of Cains blood.  I really cant see what hes talkin about. He says it tells you all about the first earth age in II Pet. 3 and Jer. 4:23-
Anybody heard of this eight day adam and the first earth age? It has a taste of the occult it seems to me. Thanks
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline chuckt

Re: how many adams
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
greetings,

i know who you speak of and i know of the doctrine, im sorta on the fence.

but the jist is that on the six day, God created all the races and it was good, he then on the 8th day he created THE adam of whom Messiah would come thru. and THEN he put him in the garden, THE adam was created from worldly dirt and put in the garden to keep it., but hedidnt do a good job  :mshock:

also;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=eighth+day+man&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I personally like to watch SC, but i dont agree with serpent seed, but i would say he is one of the best teachers on tv.

he teaches annihalism ( sp ) at least he knows God dosent torture forever.....

peace
chuckt

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:16 PM »
Anybody heard of this eight day adam..

Just from me.  I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

But it's clear to me that the man of Gen 2 is not the man of Gen 1.

al Adam of genesis 2 is an eighth day man.

Lots of things happen on the eighth day, including circumcision.

The priesthood is created on the eighth day.

1And it came to pass on the eighth day, that Moses called Aaron and his sons, and the elders of Israel;

2And he said unto Aaron, Take thee a young calf for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering, without blemish, and offer them before the LORD.

3And unto the children of Israel thou shalt speak, saying, Take ye a kid of the goats for a sin offering; and a calf and a lamb, both of the first year, without blemish, for a burnt offering;

4Also a bullock and a ram for peace offerings, to sacrifice before the LORD; and a meat offering mingled with oil: for to day the LORD will appear unto you.

5And they brought that which Moses commanded before the tabernacle of the congregation: and all the congregation drew near and stood before the LORD.

6And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commanded that ye should do: and the glory of the LORD shall appear unto you.

--Lev 9

Offline chuckt

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
But it's clear to me that the man of Gen 2 is not the man of Gen 1.

i tend to agree Molly.

there are others that teach it, which is perhaps a witness.

AND...it sure explains alot  :thumbsup:

God bless
chuckt

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
 :cloud9: There are others that teach it, but I can't think of who right now, maybe Des Walters? I've never personally gotten any revelation on it. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
Amazing.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
Translation problems. The person Adam and man(kind) are very similar in Hebrew. Many verses should read man/mankind.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »
Gen 2:4 These, are the geneses of the heavens and the earth, when they were created,––in the day when Yahweh God made earth and heavens.
When one speaks of the eighth day, and the eighth day adam/man of what do they refer?
If this number 2 adam/man was created on an eight day, then also another heavens and earth as well? 
I myself understand God as ONE. I cannot fathom two creations. I do not believe that mankind has been initiated into the eighth day as yet.
I do not understand this two adam/man that has been spoke of. Is there any talk of such in the NT?
I have listened to bro. Murray for over two yrs and find his interpetations to lean strong on worldly opionon, logic and common sense  with very little of the Spirit and spiritual gifts are not for today. And he may teach annihlation, but he sure believes in hell as a place where you will burn forever. One thing is he does not believe the rapture teaching.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »
When one speaks of the eighth day, and the eighth day adam/man of what do they refer?

It refers to the man Adam who is created after God has rested on the seventh day.   Adam is set apart in the garden of God to dress and keep it.  Everything that happens in Gen 2 Is out of sequence to what happens in Gen 1 so you can't really say you are getting a close up look at the Gen 1 creation.  The Adam of Gen 2 is given a different job to do and different instructions.  God searches for a mate for him, and remarkably is only able to find one created from his rib. In Gen 1, God creates the animals first and then man. In Gen 2, God creates the animals after he creates Adam, and brings them to Adam to name.

It's a different time, a different story.  But, what you said made me think--perhaps Gen 2 Adam is the beginning of the new heaven and new earth--as we are told he is an image of the one to come.

One thing about Gen 2 Adam, he is the first man given language for the purpose of communication [back and forth] with God.

4These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

--Gen 2

"generations"

H8435
תּלדה    תּולדה
tôledâh  tôledâh
to-led-aw', to-led-aw'
From H3205; (plural only) descent, that is, family; (figuratively) history: - birth, generations.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:20:16 AM by Molly »

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »
Gen 2:2  And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:4  These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;
Gen 2:4  These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.
The seventh day is over, now the writer writes of the "births or generations/history" of what was done in THE DAY. Now this day has nothing to do with the seven previous days, this if any thing, is a DAY all by its self, perhaps it even including the previous seven and the many thousands and millions of years of time Gen.1. No this is not an eighth day, I dont believe we will see the 8th day till He brings us through the THIRD DAY.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 07:18:10 AM »
Quote from: Micah
No this is not an eighth day, I dont believe we will see the 8th day till He brings us through the THIRD DAY.

Maybe.. :gangel:

...Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

--Rom 5:14

"pattern"

G5179
τύπος
tupos
too'-pos
From G5180; a die (as struck), that is, (by implication) a stamp or scar; by analogy a shape, that is, a statue, (figuratively) style or resemblance; specifically a sampler ("type"), that is, a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning): - en- (ex-) ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
This question also falls into the area of textual criticism.  I would suggest reading Who wrote the Bible by Richard Friedman.

In the case of the creation, for example, the first chapter of the Bible tells one version of how the world came to be created, and the second chapter of the Bible starts over with a different version of what happened.  In many ways a duplicate each other, and on several points to contradict each other.  For example, they described the same events in different order.  In the first version, God creates plants first, then animals, then man and woman. In the second version, God creates man first.  Then he creates plants.  Then, so that the man should not be alone, God create animals.  At last, after the man does not find a satisfactory mate among the animals, God creates woman and so we have:

Genesis chapter 1
Plants
Animals
Man and woman

Genesis chapter 2
Man
Plants
Animals
Woman

The two-story have to different pictures of what happened. If you want to understand Scripture, then you need to know how it came to be and why.

Paul

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
I believe the following excerpt explains the Scriptural "key" to the two creation accounts:

1 Corinthians 15:45-49 (Concordant Literal Translation)...
45 If there is a soulish body, there is a spiritual also. Thus it is written also, The first man, Adam, "became a living soul:" the last Adam a vivifying Spirit.
46 But not first the spiritual, but the soulish, thereupon the spiritual.
47 The first man was out of the earth, soilish; the second Man is the Lord out of heaven.
48 Such as the soilish one is, such are those also who are soilish, and such as the Celestial One, such are those also who are celestials.
49 And according as we wear the image of the soilish, we should be wearing the image also of the Celestial.

There is something similar in the books of the Kings.  Written for a time of "revival," 1 and 2 Chronicles are a spiritual interpretation of the history covered in 1 and 2 Samuel and 1 and 2 Kings.  There is much from these books concerning today's Church for us who are in a time of often corrupt "kings" we call Pastors.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »
Go, and we will return to Yahweh, our Elohim, for He tore to pieces, and He will heal us:
He was smiting, and He will bind us up."
He will make us alive after two days: 
In the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live before Him."
And we shall know--we shall pursue to know Yahweh;
as the dawn is prepared we shall find Him,
and He will come to us as a downpour, as the latter rain and the former rain of the land."
(Hos 6:1-3)

Day 1 God is in your spirit, having believed, living stones   (I call you stone)

Day 2 God is overcoming your soul, having endured, living epistles

Day 3 God is manifesting resurrection power, tabernacling among us, as we "yield our bodies" - having been transformed and restored,i.e. partakers of the divine nature, living sacrifices

until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
(Eph 4:13-16)

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
(Jas 5:7)

For this reason it says, "Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you."
(Eph 5:14)

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

whome?

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
This is craziness, Gen. 1 Adam and Gen. 2 Adam = the same Adam.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
Gen 1 Adam

Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 2 Adam

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 1 Adam

Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 2 Adam

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Gen 1 Adam

..male and female created he them.

Gen 2 Adam

..but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »

Amen Eaglesway.
Not I but Christ, the hope of Glory.
The message is loud and clear ringing in the ears of the Body around the globe.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
Old Testament Word Studies

Qadosh

"Holy, Set Apart, Distinct"

Holy means set apart.

http://www.christianleadershipcenter.org/otws7.htm

John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

--Gen 2

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
The man in Gen.1:27 is the same man of Gen.2:7 One is SPOKE and One is FORMED
One is Spirit- One is earthy. I know that the Sons will be that man of Gen. 1:27
1Jn 3:2  beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;

whome?

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »
Gen 1 Adam

..male and female created he them.

Gen 2 Adam

..but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

"Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" - Jesus (Matthew 19:4-5).

In this statement Jesus talks about your "first" Adam, yet quotes your "second" Adam. So Jesus believed Gen 1 Adam and Gen 2 Adam were the same.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »
Quote from: whome?
In this statement Jesus talks about your "first" Adam, yet quotes your "second" Adam. So Jesus believed Gen 1 Adam and Gen 2 Adam were the same.

Is Aaron the same man before the priesthood as he is after?

Are the disciples the same man before they meet Jesus as they are after?

Is Paul the same man after the road to Damascus as he was before?

1Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.

3But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.

4Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

5Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

6There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.

7Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.

8I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

--Psalm 4

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »
This is craziness, Gen. 1 Adam and Gen. 2 Adam = the same Adam.

You would be correct!  Many do not understand that our Old Testament is actually a combination of several Hebraic text combined into one that we have in Jesus' day.  Thus two creation stories taken from both the northern and southern kingdom and combined in to one, by most likely Ezra!  Yep, the priest of Moses and priest of Aaron writing their own versions, yet consolidated by God's prophet!

Paul

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »

Always thought 1st Cor. 15 meant what it says.
There is the first man, Adam
and the Heavenly Image.  Two images.

That's two natures.

I never got revelation on that serpent seed either as being ""people"""
......but when I read where it tells us to "love NOT as Cain" ....seems
to be a nature that loves to kill............

instead of MAKE ALIVE.

One thing I noticed about the Lord, He can "kill AND make ALIVE"
but the enemy seed, can only kill......

Has no power to make Alive. . pore ole devil, got a bad job.

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »

Always thought 1st Cor. 15 meant what it says.
There is the first man, Adam
and the Heavenly Image.  Two images.

That's two natures.

I never got revelation on that serpent seed either as being ""people"""
......but when I read where it tells us to "love NOT as Cain" ....seems
to be a nature that loves to kill............

instead of MAKE ALIVE.

One thing I noticed about the Lord, He can "kill AND make ALIVE"
but the enemy seed, can only kill......

Has no power to make Alive. . pore ole devil, got a bad job.

ICor. 15 does, its the man of Gen.1:27 and Gen.2:7 that is on the table.

Chris

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
Not sure about what this eighth day Adam is unless it refers to "the new man" created "in Christ" (the Last Adam = the second man).

Seems to me that there are 'two' Adams... the first (the natural man) and the last (the spiritual man, which is also the second man).

It is THE LAST which I believe is spoken of FIRST (Gen 1) as God declares THE END from THE BEGINNING.  :thumbsup: