Author Topic: How do you know your a Christian and not a follower of self-righteous religion?  (Read 7797 times)

Offline willieH

• Read Only
:cloud9: Sadie will not be replying. "Sadie" has been permanently banned. Blessings....
I think that doesn't lessen the chance Willie will get an answer to his question. :laughing7:

Willie cheer up! As long new accounts can be regged there is hope your question will be answered. (An age after hell freezes over)
:soap:

:laugh: :laugh2: :mlaugh: :laughhand:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
:cloud9: Sadie will not be replying. "Sadie" has been permanently banned. Blessings....
I think that doesn't lessen the chance Willie will get an answer to his question. :laughing7:

Willie cheer up! As long new accounts can be regged there is hope your question will be answered. (An age after hell freezes over)
:soap:

:laugh: :laugh2: :mlaugh: :laughhand:

Hell freezing over? Try this one.......

HELL
  EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT

The
  following is an actual question given
  on a University
  of Washington chemistry
  mid term.

The answer
  by one student was so "profound" that the
  professor shared it with
  colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we
  now have the
  pleasure of enjoying it as well
  :

Bonus
  Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat)
  or endothermic (absorbs
  heat)?
  Most of the
  students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's
  Law (gas cools when it
  expands and heats when it is compressed) or some
  variant.
  One
  student, however, wrote the
  following:
  First, we
  need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So
  we need to know the
  rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at
  which they are
  leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a
  soul gets to Hell, it
  will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for
  how many souls are
  entering Hell, let's look at the different religions
  that exist in the world today.

Most of
  these religions state that if you are not a member of
  their religion, you
  will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these
  religions and since
  people do not belong to more than one religion, we can
  project that all souls
  go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we
  can expect the number
  of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look
  at the rate of
  change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law
  states that in order for the
  temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the
  volume of Hell has to
  expand proportionately as souls are
  added.
  This gives
  two possibilities:

1. If Hell
  is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which
  souls enter Hell, then
  the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until
  all Hell breaks
  loose.
  2. If Hell
  is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls
  in Hell,then the
  temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes
  over.

So which is
  it?
  If we
  accept the postulate given to me by
  Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a
  cold day in Hell before I
  sleep with you," and
  take into account the fact that I slept with her last
  night, then number two
  must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic
  and has already
  frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since
  Hell has frozen over,
  it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is
  therefore,
  extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the
  existence of a divine
  being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept
  shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT
  RECEIVED AN A+.

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

V.I.D.

Does it realy matter if you are a christian ,or not?
Self righteousness ,or christianity ?
Its a truth that some are good in self-righteousness ,because they are good people .

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Self-righteous judgment says: LOOK WHAT THEY DO!
Righteous judgment quietly says: I will not do that.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Self-righteous judgment says: LOOK WHAT THEY DO!
Righteous judgment quietly says: I will not do that.
Hi BS :icon_flower:

For Mine, Tis,  LOOK what I do V Look what HE DOES\DID :icon_flower:

Self - righteous ness By works of the LAW, Flesh.

WE being MADE Righteousness  Through HIS BLOOD

Therefore Via Faith OUR righteousness EXCEEDS that of the Pharisees

:icon_flower:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:33:45 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Yes, there is an inward and an outward action.

V.I.D.

For Mine, Tis,  LOOK what I do V Look what HE DOES\DID

Ok So what is wrong in looking what others do ?
Should we not ?
What does this have to do with righteousness.

Righteousness is just doing what's right aint it ?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Yes, Taf.  It's about Him.  Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith - the faith He gives to believe and the grace and power He gives to live and work through us.

I definitely believe it matters whether we're a Christian/believer or not.  That's why Jesus came and what He's doing...drawing all men to Him.  When we believe and are converted, He declares us "right" (righteous) and "behold old things are passing away, and all things are becoming new". 
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Taffy

• Gold
For Mine, Tis,  LOOK what I do V Look what HE DOES\DID

Ok So what is wrong in looking what others do ?
Should we not ?
What does this have to do with righteousness.

Righteousness is just doing what's right aint it ?

Right can be defined by ANYONE, it just depends what They SEE as RIGHT, Therefore ,kinda fickle

Biblically speaking ....Righteousness \self righteousness ,as Far as Im aware, is Defined as  proposed
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

V.I.D.

So being righteous is doing what Jesus likes you to do ? So you become a puppet ?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
No, a vessel.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Actually, a marriage that we can not even wrap our minds around right now.

V.I.D.

Your first idea i realy didnt like . I just never saw people as objects of use ,because they have soul ,think ,hear ,love and much more .. We are not vessels .

Marriage ? That is an interesting thought ,but i may also choose to be single . But i will think on what you said .

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
The Father created us.
You gotta get a hold of this.
Without Him we sit on the earth heaping ashes upon our heads.
We're just dust.
With His life-giving Spirit, we're His family.
Like Father; Like Son.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
V.I.D., "some guy" posted this in March 2008.   :wink:  

"Continue in faith ! It is the best thing"  

Still sounds like good words to live by.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

V.I.D.

I try to continue in this ,though i have faith not in gods ,but rather try to believe in the good stuff ..love ..fullness ..that we are precious and many other things .
I dont like God ,or believe him ,because i dont like in what way he left the earth .

Like father ,like son ? I dont know . I will think about this ,but not now . I am tired today : 3.53 in the morning and need to go to bed . Will write tommorow .

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Yes, Taf.  It's about Him.  Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith - the faith He gives to believe and the grace and power He gives to live and work through us.

I definitely believe it matters whether we're a Christian/believer or not.  That's why Jesus came and what He's doing...drawing all men to Him.  When we believe and are converted, He declares us "right" (righteous) and "behold old things are passing away, and all things are becoming new". 

Im always In AWE James,and at Times lost for words. :icon_flower:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
I try to continue in this ,though i have faith not in gods ,but rather try to believe in the good stuff ..love ..fullness ..that we are precious and many other things .
I dont like God ,or believe him ,because i dont like in what way he left the earth .

Like father ,like son ? I dont know . I will think about this ,but not now . I am tired today : 3.53 in the morning and need to go to bed . Will write tommorow .

I may be confused, maybe not remembering correctly.  But I thought I remembered about a year and a half ago, that you prayed to Jesus with one of the TM members (not sure of details, asking forgiveness, to be saved, placing faith in Him for salvation, etc.), and that you had a miraculous deliverance from some of the chains that held you. 

Is that right, and if so, what has happened since?

James.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Does it realy matter if you are a christian ,or not?
Self righteousness ,or christianity ?
Its a truth that some are good in self-righteousness ,because they are good people .
I think the first question that should be asked is "What is a Christian?"
Just someone that believes Jesus saves?
I think that's part of the answer/defenition.
Surely believing is very important in the teachings of Jesus. But Jesus also thaught not to steal and to help the poor.
Now imagine Hitler believing in Jesus. And a very caring muslim that whole his life helps people every way he can. But obviously he doesn't believe in Jesus.
Now my question is who is a better Chritsian the muslim or Hitler?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
So being righteous is doing what Jesus likes you to do ? So you become a puppet ?
Yep you become a puppet. But you like being a puppet :laughing7:

Look at it like this.
In school there are people to learn. They have to do what the teacher tells them to do.
So they all are puppets. Many hate that. Some like to learn. They really like to go to school every day to learn another new thing. Put still they have to be the puppet of the teacher. In movies those students are called nerds.
So you have to become a religious nerd VID  :laughing7:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Your first idea i realy didnt like . I just never saw people as objects of use,
Good point.
Jesus/God doesn't see you as a thing

because they have soul ,think ,hear ,love and much more .. We are not vessels .
Depends what's in that vessel I think. If makes a difference if you are a vessel filled with acid or with gold.

Marriage ? That is an interesting thought ,but i may also choose to be single . But i will think on what you said .

This is not about earthly marriage. But marriage stands for mutual love. Not a thing as you started you mesasge with.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
My understanding is, when God gives the faith to believe/trust in Jesus as the Savior for their own life, situation, soul, then the Holy Spirit comes in and starts to work His works of righteousness through a person.  No one can either be "bad enough to go to hell", or "good enough to go to heaven".

"...that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved..."  Romans 10:9

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Also, I believe that to see a person's good works, is evidence of salvation, not effort to get salvation.

I also believe some believe unto salvation now, the rest later, when faced with shame and pain of loss, then captured by His presence.  Because Jesus is Savior of the world.

God's blessing, James.

Gab

I've always said, in response to those asking me if I'm a Christian, that that is an exercise I will leave to the reader.  The Greek word christianos (Christian) appears in the Bible exactly three times in the entire text (Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28, and 1 Peter 4:16), and in none of the verses is it ever used to say "if you do/believe X, Y, and Z then you are a Christian, otherwise you're not".  There is not a terribly heavy weight placed on the term in the Bible, and for good reason - it really matters very little whether other humans think you a Christian; what matters is whether the love of God is in your heart, because it is then that one is born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7)

I once heard an interpretation of the Ten Commandments that stuck with me ever since then - that person saw them not as instructions, but rather as a promise.  That is to say, that we were being told that if we loved God and loved our neighbor (the greatest commandments), then all of those things we will do - not because we're forced to, but because we want to, because we feel compelled to act in that way because we love everyone to such a great degree.

I don't know if this is an accurate interpretation of the actual text, but I do feel that it is nonetheless a true statement.  The love of God and the subsequent following of his commandments ought to be a joyous thing, something that you do freely and gladly because you cannot help but be uplifted through the smile and joy on others' faces whenever you have a chance to do so.  If it is something that you instead look at apprehensively and grudgingly, then it is a very good bet that either your heart has not yet been completely filled with God's love... or someone has fed you stuff that isn't actually from God. :wink:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:25:11 PM by Gab »