Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 7958 times)

YoungYuni

Hello!
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
Hiya!

I would like to clear up a small misunderstanding! I was not going to leave the forum due to any discussion or disagreement. It was depending on how my post was viewed, which was going to be the indicator if I should be here at all.

I do not know how many of you had or have to suffer the accusations of other Christians in your life because you believe in something greater than yourself...

I did not need some who call themselves Christians and supposedly believe in salvation for all tell me that because I believed we have free will, that some how I am like those Christians whom I suffer accusation for believing in salvation for all.

It was very disappointing and hoped that it was only just certain individuals, not the sum of the membership of this forum that believed such.

So my apologies if I made any uneasy, it was not an ultimatum, it was a statement of fact. If I get put under condemnation along with those whom condemn me outside the realization of universal reconciliation, I had no need to be here or associate with this place.

Now that I know it was only a few and not the whole, I am comfortable to know this is a good place to meet people.

:gangel:

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
I think before you subscribe to a discussion board you have to accept not everybody shares your views.
Not just this board but also boards about sports or knitting :laughing7:
But isn't discussion the best way to learn?
Imagine you post something once a day. At the end of the day you have 500 replies stating things like: Wow YY! Great stuf. I fully agree.
Would be an ego boost but it would quickly get boring. And you learn nothing.

So IMO nothing wrong with (no) free will discussions.
Personally I have more 'problems' with the fact that many don't have the decency to stay on-topic for at least, say, 10 replies. You know people that seem to scan threads for words they can use to bend the discussion to the things they like to discuss.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:26:43 PM »

Exactly WW ,

manipulating and boring ,sucking up  with vain flatteries

makes a dead forum fast  :sigh: UGH :mblush:

Personally I have more 'problems' with the fact that many don't have the decency to stay on-topic for at least, say, 10 replies. You know people that seem to scan threads for words they can use to bend the discussion to the things they like to discuss

Are you talking about me again ? :laughing7:

Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:42:56 PM »
Personally I have more 'problems' with the fact that many don't have the decency to stay on-topic for at least, say, 10 replies. You know people that seem to scan threads for words they can use to bend the discussion to the things they like to discuss.

Hehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Nah Rose, Tis me surely.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
Hi YoungYuni,
I hope I was not one of the ones who hurt your feelings. Be that as it may, just know that God saves a motley crew the likes of us. We all have imperfections. Even though we disagree on some things we try to disagree in a peaceful, loving way. I realize this is hard to show on a board which one cannot hear the voice of the other writer disagreeing with you.

Sometimes our feelings do get the better of us and we wish we could take some things back. But nonetheless we are one big family.

Anyway, welcome to the board. I hope you never disagree with me because if you do you will pay dearly for it.  :laughing7: Just kidding.

Tony
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:03:06 PM »

What is "on topic"?

Anyway,  10 is a good even number,  I like that there are 10 bowling pins, but we should get 10 tries in each frame to get them all.    I think it is sadistic that there are only 8 hotdog buns to go with 10 hotdogs in a package, it must be a conspiracy...........

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

pneuma

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »

I think it is sadistic that there are only 8 hotdog buns to go with 10 hotdogs in a package, it must be a conspiracy...........

He you got ripped off, up here in the great white north we get 12 hotdogs in a package with 8 buns :happygrin:

pneuma

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »
YY glad you descided to stay :thumbsup:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 08:42:45 PM »
I think it is sadistic that there are only 8 hotdog buns to go with 10 hotdogs in a package, it must be a conspiracy...........

He you got ripped off, up here in the great white north we get 12 hotdogs in a package with 8 buns :happygrin:
he ha.,,,,Tells me theys a Lot slimmer at the other place Scott.. :laughing7:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
12 hotdogs match up perfectly with 2 6-packs of beer.
Perhaps that why Al Bundy invented the 12-pack. He lives in north chickago  :laughing7:

A 3-pack from China:

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 09:37:23 PM »
Personally I have more 'problems' with the fact that many don't have the decency to stay on-topic for at least, say, 10 replies. You know people that seem to scan threads for words they can use to bend the discussion to the things they like to discuss

Would love to it still hurts from last time  :hammerhead:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »
Nice HOT doggies CD, your back firing on all cylinders aint yaa :laughing7:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »

Would love to it still hurts from last time  :hammerhead:

:icon_jokercolor:    Now you know that everyone gets a good Birthday flogging dont cha  Bro ?[

could not leave you out
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »
Nice HOT doggies CD, your back firing on all cylinders aint yaa :laughing7:
  OH Graham , thats  too cute , you are sooooooooooo funny bro ! ROFL !  ya wit kills me  ha ha ha !  doggies  back firing perhaps   hee heee .. :laughing7:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 01:18:27 AM »
Hiya!

I would like to clear up a small misunderstanding! I was not going to leave the forum due to any discussion or disagreement. It was depending on how my post was viewed, which was going to be the indicator if I should be here at all.

I do not know how many of you had or have to suffer the accusations of other Christians in your life because you believe in something greater than yourself...

I did not need some who call themselves Christians and supposedly believe in salvation for all tell me that because I believed we have free will, that some how I am like those Christians whom I suffer accusation for believing in salvation for all.

It was very disappointing and hoped that it was only just certain individuals, not the sum of the membership of this forum that believed such.

So my apologies if I made any uneasy, it was not an ultimatum, it was a statement of fact. If I get put under condemnation along with those whom condemn me outside the realization of universal reconciliation, I had no need to be here or associate with this place.

Now that I know it was only a few and not the whole, I am comfortable to know this is a good place to meet people.

Hi YoungYuni,

Yes, we on this forum who believe in the total sovereignty of God are few in number. I am not down on anyone who doesn't agree with me on that. The way I see it is, it is God who gives us what we believe. I acquired nothing on my own, so I have no reason to boast,  be angry, or accuse those who don't agree with me.

If we all agreed on everything, there would be no need for forums. Do you think this will happen eventually?

(Eph. 4:13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ 

CHB

YoungYuni

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 06:28:03 AM »
Hello!

I do not know who you are CHB, thanks for replying; at the same time, Arrrrrrg! This is a rather frustrating predicament! I do not even know how to respond without feeling that you do not see the problem for what it is.

Quote from: CHB
Yes, we on this forum who believe in the total sovereignty of God are few in number.

I will know this very clear, from that particular statement, you do not know what you are talking about.

Let me explain. From what I read and come to understand is everyone in this forum believes in the sovereignty of God. The issue is not, and has never been, about God's Sovereignty.

So please do not manipulate or confuse the issue, it is so frustrating.

:thumbdown: :sigh:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:37:04 AM by YoungYuni »

Zeek

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 06:50:42 AM »
Hello!

I do not know who you are CHB, thanks for replying; at the same time, Arrrrrrg! This is a rather frustrating predicament! I do not even know how to respond without feeling that you do not see the problem for what it is.

Quote from: CHB
Yes, we on this forum who believe in the total sovereignty of God are few in number.

I will know this very clear, from that particular statement, you do not know what you are talking about.

Let me explain. From what I read and come to understand is everyone in this forum believes in the sovereignty of God. The issue is not, and has never been, about God's Sovereignty.

So please do not manipulate or confuse the issue, it is so frustrating.

:thumbdown: :sigh:

sounds like your frustration comes from being in "prison" to your own thoughts about an issue rather than the issue itself. 

YoungYuni

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »
Hiya Zeek!

I am sorry, should you feel that I am being unfair, I am perfectly in my right as a human being, to have a frustration about it.

I am not in prison to my thoughts! Far from it!

Did anyone here say they do not believe in the Sovereignty of God?

If they did, then what CHB said would be relevant to this topic.

Please, Zeek, read my first post and understand why I am frustration.

Understand the underlining context to my initial post!

Since none have, and all do believe in the Sovereignty of God, what CHB said has nothing to do with my post or thoughts or belief. That is why when she/he said that she/he was the few who believed in the Sovereignty of God, she/he does not know what she/he is talking about.

Everyone in this forum who commented in that particular thread, including those who believe in free will, believe in the Sovereignty of God.

It therefore, is frustrating, to see this confusion being created.

I believe passionately in the sovereignty of God.

I am was just excited to come to a place where people supposedly believed in salvation for all mankind, only to be treated with contempt for believing that it is not impossible of God to do it, while mankind has a free will.

Again, sorry if I come over the top, it is not my intention. Just little me with passionate emotions that sometimes get in the way.

:icon_flower:  :msealed:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:23:24 AM by YoungYuni »

YoungYuni

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 07:18:45 AM »
Hiya CHB!

Please forgive my frustration.

:icon_queen:  :icon_king:

I was just floored that you thought this was an issue of God's Sovereignty in all things. Maybe I missed something and should have asked more questions.

Let me make it up to you!

:HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:

I love you! Please accept my apology.

You asked:

If we all agreed on everything, there would be no need for forums. Do you think this will happen eventually?

The answer is:

YES!

I hope you were reading what I wrote in that post earlier, I cannot remember the name but it seems locked, where I explained why.

The knowledge of the truth turns people to the truth of what is right and good for all mankind.

Just as it is inevitable for mankind to sin when ignorant to what is true; it is inevitable for mankind be righteous because what is true will be recognized and testified in due time.

In the meantime, since we have not yet passed to the other side of this mortal life, the righteous must live by faith because the knowledge of the truth has yet been seen with our eyes or understood with complete perfection in our hearts.

I am sorry again for my frustration.

May God Bless you! I should have bit my tongue!

:boyheart: :girlheart:

Zeek

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 07:23:11 AM »
I apologize too.  I just know that when I am frustrated, it's usually because i'm attached to a belief, and look outward at others as the problem.  Thus giving them power over my emotions and me becoming a victim. 

Peace that passeth understanding is a peace I find when I am attached to HIM rather than my beliefs about HIM.

just some thots.

YoungYuni

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:55 AM »
Hiya Zeek!

I appreciate your apology!

My frustration was not to any belief.

It doesn't matter if one believes in free will or not; but it does matter that I am told that because I believe in free will, I don't believe in the Sovereignty of God.

Do you see my frustration?

It was because a lie was being presented as the issue.

I am understanding and graceful, as I am stubborn and passionate.

I may have been a bit rough, but my frustration was not because I believe in free will but because of how those who disagree with free will think have labeled me and made such contemptuous assumptions because of it.

Whether they knew it or not.

Eeeeeee! I need to bite my tongue!

LOL

Zeek

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »
I am up way to late and probably shouldn't even go here, but wondering if you see "frustration" as being able to coexist with peace.  I see frustration as an emotion we experience when we believe something "should" be or shouldn't be a certain way.  It's an emotion based on past or future, but not the now. 

what do u think?

Zeek

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »
I am really in to how the Spirit is our mental health. 

The fruit of the spirit

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

When we have a "should or should not" which I would define as "a law", and it is violated; sin is given power.

The power of sin is the law. 

When I question my thoughts and the emotions that are attached to that thought,  in my opinion; it is insight to what "I'm attached to", my thoughts, or to the ONE who is aware of my thoughts

I think unpleasant emotions are a great way (once we are aware of them, and look to our inward thought/law that is causing them) rather than outward to others or situation's; to then take every thought captive. 

By then trusting in the Lord (within me) and "leaning not unto my own understandign (my thoughts)", I find Peace, Joy, LOVE and righteousness.

ok, time for me to go to bed

YoungYuni

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »
I am up way to late and probably shouldn't even go here, but wondering if you see "frustration" as being able to coexist with peace.  I see frustration as an emotion we experience when we believe something "should" be or shouldn't be a certain way.  It's an emotion based on past or future, but not the now. 

what do u think?

I think that sometimes, Christians forget they are human beings and that their neighbor is human.

I am completely at peace. I know frustrations are compatible with that peace.

I just want a place to meet people who are compatible with that peace, knowing it is okay to be angry and frustrated, and still be at peace.

From some things I am observing. It may not be this place.

That is my underlining frustration.

But I think it could be that I entered into the wrong conversation. From what it looks like, free will is a very controversial subject.

Sigh!

:sigh:  :cloud9:

:msealed: :bgdance:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:03:15 AM by YoungYuni »

Zeek

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »

what do u think?

I think that sometimes, Christians forget they are human beings and that their neighbor is human.

I am completely at peace. I just want a place to meet people who are compatible with that peace.

From some things I am observing.

It may not be this place.

:msealed: :bgdance:

and does that "want" create "lack of peace" or what i'd call frustration?? 

wanting is usually a "need" we want fulfilled; based on past thoughts/beliefs.