Author Topic: Hell exists  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Sarah

Hell exists
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »
It hit me the other day like a ton of bricks....people are in hell right now....suffering.  My motivation isn't to spare people the agony of hell in an afterlife, but to deliver them from the one they are already in.

When my father died my mother had a dream that there were myriads people in a special room.  In the dream it was Valentine's day, and as she was waking up she heard the words 'lonier than you'.  Amazing, so many people lonlier than my recently widowed mother.  It reminds me of that knawing pain of emptyness I had when I was in my teens and twenties.

We do have a mission.  Of course the face each ministry takes is different, but the heart of it is the same, to deliver people by introducing them to Jesus.

I'm just curious, who do each of you feel like you are in the body?   

Offline studier

• Restricted
Re: Hell exists
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »
It hit me the other day like a ton of bricks....people are in hell right now....suffering.  My motivation isn't to spare people the agony of hell in an afterlife, but to deliver them from the one they are already in.

Good revelation.  :thumbsup:

Michele

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »

Good revelation.  :thumbsup:

Yeah I second that.....Good post Sarah!  :bigGrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »

When my father died my mother had a dream that there were myriads people in a special room.  In the dream it was Valentine's day, and as she was waking up she heard the words 'lonier than you'.  Amazing, so many people lonlier than my recently widowed mother.  It reminds me of that knawing pain of emptyness I had when I was in my teens and twenties.

We do have a mission.  Of course the face each ministry takes is different, but the heart of it is the same, to deliver people by introducing them to Jesus.

Yes, exactly.  Satan's biggest secret: this life is Hell.

Satan's second biggest secret:  it doesn't have to be like that, he makes it that way by deceiving the whole world.

But, God has and will continue to raise up his deliverers.

I owe my life to one of those.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Michele

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:36:54 PM »

Yeah........it seems that satan is full of secrets.....and God is full of revelations.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:14 AM »
Great points everyone!!

My wife has had this point of view for ages.  But it's true...it doesn't HAVE to be.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »
 :2thumbs:

Pro 15:24  The way of LIFE IS ABOVE to the wise, that he may depart from HELL BENEATH.

Joh 8:23  And he said unto them, Ye are from BENEATH; I am from ABOVE: ye are OF THIS WORLD; I am NOT OF THIS WORLD.

Rom 8:5-8 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

martincisneros

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »

Loneliness is a bitter Hell.  Our judgments occur in our resurrections and not after them.  I've got a translational and interpretive bone to pick with the traditional views of John 5 and Revelation 20.  Enoch, Elijah, and Jesus aren't revealed to us to have undergone any type of judgment after their resurrections.  We have credited to us everything that happened through and to Christ prior to His expiration, and He simply applies all of that to our lives in His resurrection life.

As far as who I am in the body, my calling for the last 11 years, since September 13, 1997, has been 1Thessalonians 3:8-13; to perfect what's lacking in the faith of the saints.  Though that may involve some doctrinal things and clarifications, the biggest deficiency in the faith of the saints is a faith that works by hope and by love, so I'm just connective tissue in the Body that pulls it all together.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
Hell is basically separation from Him.  Anytime we choose to deny Him or exercise our will in ways that are not in accordance with His will, we are willingly putting ourselves through hell.  Some may believe that we can choose or merit eternal hell, but I am certain He would not allow that. 

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »
Yes, this world is hell.  And our mission is to deliver God's children from hell.  However, we also must realize that hell is going to get hotter before it is emptied and it is not in our power to deliver everyone.  However, I believe our passion in Christ is shown by our desire to show mercy and to stop as much suffering as we can.  Imagine a world in which no one was trying to inflict pain on any other person.  That's what the new earth is like.... hell emptied.   Salvation = no more suffering, no more sorrow, no more tears, no more pain, no more death.

Bless your hearts -  :HeartThrob:
Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Michele

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:57 PM »
Yes, this world is hell.  And our mission is to deliver God's children from hell.  However, we also must realize that hell is going to get hotter before it is emptied and it is not in our power to deliver everyone.  However, I believe our passion in Christ is shown by our desire to show mercy and to stop as much suffering as we can.  Imagine a world in which no one was trying to inflict pain on any other person.  That's what the new earth is like.... hell emptied.   Salvation = no more suffering, no more sorrow, no more tears, no more pain, no more death.

Bless your hearts -  :HeartThrob:
Anne

Enjoyed that post Anne :thumbsup:

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
Thanks for saying hi, Stainedglass.  I've not posted on theological boards in a good while.  Nice to drop in for a spell.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Michele

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »
Hope to see ya around more often Anne.  BTW......cute avatar.  :icon_flower:

Offline Davo22

• Full
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »
Sorry if I'm getting off the subject here, but I really want a clarification.

In the dream it was Valentine's day, and as she was waking up she heard the words 'lonier than you'.

How did she hear these words? Was it in her head? Or someone said them after she woke?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:46:44 PM by Davo22 »
Send me a Personal message
We can do everything through him who gives us strength!

Offline Sarah

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »
It was in her head.  She said the point was that their are many people lonlier than her.

Offline Davo22

• Full
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
It was in her head.  She said the point was that their are many people lonlier than her.

Oh, interesting.

Just thinking, maybe the voice she heard that was lonelier than her, was her husband.

But if she wasn't left with that impression, hmm, that's a tough one. I've had dreams that I've had to play round with a bit to interpret. I've concluded that sometimes my imagination got the better of me, that there was a deeper, hidden meaning which required digging round to see.

Something to think about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:01:49 PM by Davo22 »
Send me a Personal message
We can do everything through him who gives us strength!