Author Topic: Even atheist see "hell" as illogical  (Read 810 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Even atheist see "hell" as illogical
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »
here's a 38 second clip that shows an atheist making an ET person look silly because of their ET position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ixTueofYw&feature=related
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: Even atheist see "hell" as illogical
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:26:00 AM »
That puts me in mind of the stories of hell I have read, especially the one where Jesus Himself gives the tour.  He explains [in the story] why so-and-so is there, but His compassion seems to be gone.  It struck me as just so wrong... :doh:

In the ET version of things, I can picture Jesus saying something like, "Hang in there, kid, it only lasts forever!"  It's like something from a bad Monty Python skit.  :footmouth:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:19:26 AM »
here's a 38 second clip that shows an atheist making an ET person look silly because of their ET position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ixTueofYw&feature=related

Maybe God is an atheist.......Hmmm.....I guess I gotta really think about that a little more don't I.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:05:29 PM by Paul L »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
God an Atheist?? It just happened to be an atheist that used God-given logic to show her the absurdity of the ET position.
 :gimmefive:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:23:18 PM »
God an Atheist?? It just happened to be an atheist that used God-given logic to show her the absurdity of the ET position.
 :gimmefive:

You caught the point I was making right above you......I hope this doesn't become infectious, I could be accused of using God as witness to his own non-existence....I need to stop this whimsical nonsense or I just might start believing it.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
An atheist may have sparkling wit using God-given logic, but typically has also a lack of deep understanding.  It may well be the most difficult mindset to get through to.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:32:41 AM »
An atheist may have sparkling wit using God-given logic, but typically has also a lack of deep understanding.  It may well be the most difficult mindset to get through to.

True, they are pretty shallow minded....I know a few.