Author Topic: Eternal Torment preached at my daughter's Baccalaureate tonight  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
Eternal Torment was preached at my daughter's Baccalaureate tonight

Tonight a public speaker flew in from Atlanta to speak at my daughter's baccalaureate. The main topic was heaven or hell. This guy rubbs elbows with all the famous athletes. He starts off by asking the audience if anyone believe hell is eternal. I said "NO!" But he didn't get a good enough response from the audience so he asked the question again "Does anyone here believe hell is eternal?" and this time I yelled "NO!!!!". Lot's of people turned around and looked right at me. He continued as if nothing was said.

He spent 45 minutes mentally abusing the graduates telling them all about how God is going to eternally torment them in hell if they don't believe in Him. He kept snapping his fingers and saying "every second two people in the world die. Before your head hits the pillow over a hundred thousand people will have died in the world. What are you going to do about it? All those people will go to heaven or hell he said.

After the abuse session I had a word with him in front of my daughter. I asked him, Mark, would your earthly father torture you if you didn't do what he told you to do? He snapped back: "What's your point." So I asked again, very gently, Would your dad build a bonfire in the back yard and torture you in those flames if you didn't do what he told you to do. He replied "No. What's your point." So I asked him if his earthly father is more loving than his heavenly father.

Then I started telling him all about 1 Timothy 2:4-6 how that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all. I told him to do a study on the world "ransom" through the whole bible and prove to himself that everyone ransomed had to be freed. He replied, Yea but there is a hell and lots of people are going there. I replied, Mark, what did I just say? I said "God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind. He asked, What's the context? I replied "we are to pray for all mankind, for kings and all who are in authority for God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ ransomed all." He asked: Are you a Jehovah's Witness?" I said No. He said: Well there is a hell and there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. I replied that that hell is Gehenna and it is only for the thousand years. And I said the lake of fire is the second death and that no one suffers in the lake of fire because it is death. He replied, "yea but it is for ever and ever and ever and ever." I replied, No it is just for ever and ever. He replied, well that's eternity isn't it? I said no and I rattled off the Greek for it. So he told me to send him some literature and he'd read it. He said "You can't prove to me it's not eternal." I laughed and pointed my finger right at him and said "I sure can prove it's not eternal!"

I told him, Mark, you are tormented by this. He said "No I'm not." I said of course you are. You are tormented. I told him I used to preach hell and damnation. He said you need to get back to it. I said to just search out the word "ransom" and prove to yourself that all ransomed must be freed.

My daughter was amazed I wouldn't back down from this tall former basketball player.

Anyway, what book do you think I should send him that you think would really help him?
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Eternal Torment preached at my daughter's Baccalaureate tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »
Hope Beyond Hell.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:47:06 AM »
 :cloud9: A concordance/lexicon  :happygrin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
I'm sending him "The Outcome of Infinite Grace" by Loyal Hurley

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
Eternal Torment was preached at my daughter's Baccalaureate tonight

Tonight a public speaker flew in from Atlanta to speak at my daughter's baccalaureate. The main topic was heaven or hell. This guy rubbs elbows with all the famous athletes. He starts off by asking the audience if anyone believe hell is eternal. I said "NO!" But he didn't get a good enough response from the audience so he asked the question again "Does anyone here believe hell is eternal?" and this time I yelled "NO!!!!". Lot's of people turned around and looked right at me. He continued as if nothing was said.

He spent 45 minutes mentally abusing the graduates telling them all about how God is going to eternally torment them in hell if they don't believe in Him. He kept snapping his fingers and saying "every second two people in the world die. Before your head hits the pillow over a hundred thousand people will have died in the world. What are you going to do about it? All those people will go to heaven or hell he said.

After the abuse session I had a word with him in front of my daughter. I asked him, Mark, would your earthly father torture you if you didn't do what he told you to do? He snapped back: "What's your point." So I asked again, very gently, Would your dad build a bonfire in the back yard and torture you in those flames if you didn't do what he told you to do. He replied "No. What's your point." So I asked him if his earthly father is more loving than his heavenly father.

Then I started telling him all about 1 Timothy 2:4-6 how that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all. I told him to do a study on the world "ransom" through the whole bible and prove to himself that everyone ransomed had to be freed. He replied, Yea but there is a hell and lots of people are going there. I replied, Mark, what did I just say? I said "God will have all mankind to be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind. He asked, What's the context? I replied "we are to pray for all mankind, for kings and all who are in authority for God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ ransomed all." He asked: Are you a Jehovah's Witness?" I said No. He said: Well there is a hell and there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. I replied that that hell is Gehenna and it is only for the thousand years. And I said the lake of fire is the second death and that no one suffers in the lake of fire because it is death. He replied, "yea but it is for ever and ever and ever and ever." I replied, No it is just for ever and ever. He replied, well that's eternity isn't it? I said no and I rattled off the Greek for it. So he told me to send him some literature and he'd read it. He said "You can't prove to me it's not eternal." I laughed and pointed my finger right at him and said "I sure can prove it's not eternal!"

I told him, Mark, you are tormented by this. He said "No I'm not." I said of course you are. You are tormented. I told him I used to preach hell and damnation. He said you need to get back to it. I said to just search out the word "ransom" and prove to yourself that all ransomed must be freed.

My daughter was amazed I wouldn't back down from this tall former basketball player.

Anyway, what book do you think I should send him that you think would really help him?

Make no mistake, He will remember the seed you planted! :thumbsup:

Paul

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Make no mistake, He will remember the seed you planted! :thumbsup:

Paul

Paul, I plant, another waters, but God gives the increase. May God send a waterer and give it increase!
Pray for Mark!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:02 AM »
Amen, and good job.   :thumbsup:

Offline Universalist Catholic

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »
A school should never let that kind of filth for a highschool Baccalaureate.  Those kids are already anxious enough about leaving highschool to go to college.  They definitely dont need to hear this kind of filth. 

I remember my own graduation from Highschool, and my sister just graduated.  And that kind of service should be inspirational, not fear inducing.  I would definitely raise hell to that school. 

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 08:21:28 AM »
"raise hell"
       ?
         ?
           ?

WWJD
an old expression, What would Jesus do.

Offline Universalist Catholic

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »
Well not literally raise hell, but I would be angry about this situation.