Author Topic: Does a Mother Forget Her Child?  (Read 1643 times)

Tim B

Does a Mother Forget Her Child?
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
From Isaiah 49:15 (Young's Literal Translation):

15Forget doth a woman her suckling, The loved one -- the son of her womb? Yea, these forget -- but I -- I forget not thee.

Does a mother forget her child? Would a mother, who loves her child, annihilate or torture her child forever? No. My mother certainly wouldn't!! And neither will God, who is my father (but here depicted a mother)!!!  :bigGrin:

Can God's WILL TO SAVE ALL MEN really not be what he has planned?

SPOKENFOR

Re: Does a Mother Forget Her Child?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »
Well, some mothers would unfortunately.  :sigh:   But, Not a mother who LOVES HER CHILD...:cloud9: I get what the scripture is saying totally. :) It is his will to SAVE ALL MEN and they already are they just don't know it yet. That is Good News!.... :bgdance:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »
Is this about a real mother and child or a nation and citizens?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »

Perhaps, both?.....

Tim B

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »

I guess the ETers would argue about context, but I don't think it matters (at least, context in this case doesn't seem to matter much), and to be honest, I'm not sure which it is talking about. I just saw the verse and thought it was really good.  :bigGrin: If I knew though, I'd certainly tell you!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
Indeed it doesn't really matter because God is Father or every person, nation, country, tribe, ....

But still I want to add that if it means a nation you are speaking of millions.
A child could mean a few like 'the elect' that turned to Jesus.
A nation well.... that would be 350 miljon Americans instead of a few.
So just my feeling; nation is more URish
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Tim B

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
Indeed it doesn't really matter because God is Father or every person, nation, country, tribe, ....

But still I want to add that if it means a nation you are speaking of millions.
A child could mean a few like 'the elect' that turned to Jesus.
A nation well.... that would be 350 miljon Americans instead of a few.
So just my feeling; nation is more URish

Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. It's funny, because I tend to think of God speaking to an individual as more URish, but I feel like when a nation is saved people could say that it only applies to those currently living, as opposed to all that have been a part of the nation past, present, and future. Either way though, if an entire nation (every man, woman and child) was saved, that'd definitely showing that God has more power than most people say he is capable of.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »
I feel like when a nation is saved people could say that it only applies to those currently living, as opposed to all that have been a part of the nation past, present, and future.

I think that backfires on you. (Lots of p(h)un intended  :laughing7: )

Seriously now. I don't see why when speaking about nations we speak of the current inhabitants and when speaking of individuals past/present/future.

Reading your post this morning was the first time I've read that verse. So the above are just my feeling/idea I got a few seconds after reading it.
Nation of person doesn't even really matter to me. The verse is about Fatherly feelings.
But I would still be interested in some feedback (from others) on individual/nation.

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »

I guess the ETers would argue about context, but I don't think it matters (at least, context in this case doesn't seem to matter much), and to be honest, I'm not sure which it is talking about. I just saw the verse and thought it was really good.  :bigGrin: If I knew though, I'd certainly tell you!

It is a really good verse to show the character of God and his love. I find that he drops so many clues as to his love and who he is all throughout the bible that I never saw at one time. Now when I read, I can see things in a new way I never saw before..Like that scripture...

Tim B

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »
I feel like when a nation is saved people could say that it only applies to those currently living, as opposed to all that have been a part of the nation past, present, and future.

I think that backfires on you. (Lots of p(h)un intended  :laughing7: )

Seriously now. I don't see why when speaking about nations we speak of the current inhabitants and when speaking of individuals past/present/future.

Reading your post this morning was the first time I've read that verse. So the above are just my feeling/idea I got a few seconds after reading it.
Nation of person doesn't even really matter to me. The verse is about Fatherly feelings.
But I would still be interested in some feedback (from others) on individual/nation.

xD Yeah, I don't know why we just think of the current inhabitants within nations. I tried to bring up the reality that God would restore Sodom etc. to my friend's mom yesterday, and she didn't think it meant the past/present/(and) future inhabitants of the country.  :sigh: