Author Topic: Do not insult Gods People?  (Read 648 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

Do not insult Gods People?
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:51:07 AM »
There are many people who will claim that being in a Self proclaimed Christian means that offending them is a more serious sin than offending the non-Christian.  Somewhere in the scriptures it speaks against sinning against your brother or sister only applies to those in a certain congregation.  However what the traditionalists do not understand is that Brother and Sister refers to all humanity, not just those in their church. 

PaoloNuevo

Re: Do not insult Gods People?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:02:08 AM »
I agree! Well our priority is to the family of believers but the damnationalists almost make it seem as if we should distance ourselves  a bit from the rest of mankind (while pretending to "love" them and give them the "good news")... While we don't wanna associate with people who make us stumble in the faith, I think it makes us love ALL people more if we don't brand them as damnation-borne (before we even preach to them)....

As someone who's embraced orthodoxy, I resented most people of the "world" for not seeing the "truth"... but as in Romans 2, I am no different if I judge them.. ;) let's invite them to the Victorious Gospel and yes, brothers and sisters encompass all humanity.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • what I write
Re: Do not insult Gods People?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »
I agree! Well our priority is to the family of believers but the damnationalists almost make it seem as if we should distance ourselves  a bit from the rest of mankind (while pretending to "love" them and give them the "good news")... While we don't wanna associate with people who make us stumble in the faith, I think it makes us love ALL people more if we don't brand them as damnation-borne (before we even preach to them)....

As someone who's embraced orthodoxy, I resented most people of the "world" for not seeing the "truth"... but as in Romans 2, I am no different if I judge them.. ;) let's invite them to the Victorious Gospel and yes, brothers and sisters encompass all humanity.

Absolutely! I've never understood that! How we could convince someone of the love of Christ if we are separated from them and too good to associate with them whatsoever.. Whereas UR makes us realize we are all of us in the very same boat. None choose God!! Nor have they ever! And that old saying "by the grace of God, go I" is most certainly most true!
- Does it say no repentance after death? being resurrected still in their sins (2nd Resurrection) during age of Judgment? sure to be weeping and wailing?
- Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process?
- "Behold I make aLL things new" Rev21:5
- "On every high mountain and hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day ..when the towers fall." Is 30:25
- "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1
- "The lion will eat straw like the ox.. the bear will graze with the cow" Is 11:7
- "They will sit each under his vine, and under his fig-tree, with none troubling.." Micah 4:4