Author Topic: Do not bear False Witness.  (Read 3567 times)

Mickiel

Do not bear False Witness.
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:20 PM »

As I return to visit Tentmaker, it is an honor to be received by some, as one would be welcomed into a home. I was even sent an invitation to preregister, which is likened to receiving a quest invitation to someones home.

You know, when someone welcomes you into their place, you may as well speak those things which you believe and know to be true, while you are there. And this is what strikes my attention to one of Jesus comments in Luke 18:20, " Do not bear False Witness." When I think of False Witness, I think in terms of telling the Truth, not so much in terms of lying. You know, you just give testimony to what you know is the Truth. Perhaps this should be done weather one is welcome or not.

In my visits to many places, one can't help but to notice what people are bearing Witness to. The things they are bring to the table, and what is being digested through their Witness. And what Witness is being thrown from the table. Likened to offering a quest a meal, and they respond by pushing the plate from their presence, far from their minds. In John 3:11, again Jesus tells that  " We Speak that which we Know", and bear Witness to that which we have seen, and you do not receive our Witness. One of my constant request to God is that " I come to KNOW Him", at least let me Know what I am talking about, and believing. Its one thing to hold Knowledge, but its another thing to hold complete confidence in that Knowledge. Because when you bear Witness, confidence will spring forth in that Knowledge, just as weakness would show itself in your words. And this is one personal reason why I must keep a constant refresher course with God, because I hold  constant needs from him. I haven't had that water which if you drink it, you will never thirst again. I haven't drank that yet.

So I understand that I am on a " Diet from God", I only get a little here and there. I sit at tables and view what people are offering in their witness, and I can understand that the meal is just not for me. So if I Speak, I may as well give what has been given to me. And this is one reason why there is not much Unity at many tables, because the Witness is so differing, the meal being offered is pick and choose, and you just have to see what you can eat. Or offer. Whatever attitude you may bring, you most likely will display your table manners when you sit. There is the approach of " Feeding Everybody", or just eating everything that you see. Some even fight at the table, and consider that as their approach to bearing witness, and will tell you its what they have been given to offer. I notice that in many places, the " Warrior Approach to the table of Witness." As I learn table manners, I try not to eat like that anymore. I think it ruins the meal. Titus 1:13 could jack you up and send you off on a direction that could last for years. It is a type of Witness, and it is true, but even truth can be pushed away from your diet, if its not good FOR YOU! I am not getting into that " Severely Reproving" of people - direction anymore. Its not for me, I don't want it on my plate. I can understand severely going against doctrine that people offer, but leave their personage alone.

In Rev.3:14, Jesus is called the " True Witness". And this is what I crave to Know. What was on Jesus mind, as he stated certain things about certain subjects. As he gave his Witness. And that has got to be a root to bearing false witness, just not really knowing what was on Jesus mind when he said things.

And thats why I wish I really knew him, his mind, his reasonings, his mentality behind his witness. To know the Truth, and speak only the Truth.

Peace.

Mickiel

Re: Do not bear False Witness.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

What then is the greatest form of False Witness?

I believe blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the greatest False Witness possible.

What is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? I never knew this before, but its when you claim to have Gods Holy Spirit, and really you do not. Its when you have laid personal claim to be called and chosen, when you have not. Its when you claim to be anointed with the fruits of the Spirit, and you are not.

Its when you claim to be Gods church, and you are not. Its when you claim to speak for God, or that he has spoken to you, when really neither is really true.

So Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is really a problem that exist among believers and followers of Christ, not unbelievers. These then are the ones who bear false witness, in these the seeds of deception are planted more deeply.

Peace.

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:55:36 PM »
I was doing a similiar thread and Kratos pointed out that there is a difference between those who ignorantly say the wrong things and those who , as he put it willingly serve the enemy. I felt that he offered good testimony that was useful, since I have no real experience in that situation.

Mickiel

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »
I was doing a similiar thread and Kratos pointed out that there is a difference between those who ignorantly say the wrong things and those who , as he put it willingly serve the enemy. I felt that he offered good testimony that was useful, since I have no real experience in that situation.

Well yes,  there is obvious difference between willful and ignorance, God be the judge of that, but a common ground of False Witness is that there is Belief in God that is prevalent in the heart. It is always dangerous when you must go through a core of Belief to unearth deception. It is dangerous because Christ has not laid the foundation that is there.

And in my view, this interesting phenomena, has reared its presence in every belief on earth, including many Universalist. And I would agree, because what makes it interesting, is that most who bear false witness and blaspheme the Holy Spirit, are not aware that they are doing so. It is easy to convince ones self that you have Gods Holy Spirit, and so very easy to believe that you are anointed by him. Its very simple to separate yourself from the world, and believe that it was God who has separated you.

Not telling the truth about your relationship with God is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and it is literally a " Bragging Right", for people to exalt and puff up that information, especially in public forums, and inside themselves. It is a pacification of self, and a very absorbing pacification, as well as soothing.

And I believe much of the knowledge that exist on earth about God, has been filtered through this kind of foundation.

Peace.

squint

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »
Revelation 13:1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

3  So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

5  And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

15  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Let's not mistake people for the whore that sits in them.

Mickiel

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:53 AM »

15  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Let's not mistake people for the whore that sits in them.

Well yes,I certainly agree with that, its a mistake that God has not made, so people who make such errors in judgement , hold no issue with my understanding. But the people who make such errors, are still counted among the believers themselves. And it is the believers who would label others who do not believe, as blasphemers. The abomination is a host of believers who has labeled themselves as the Representatives of God on earth, when they are not. And that shoe fits people, not demons. Although demons are behind such a deception.

Often I examine Rev.3:8-9, and see this occurring. Although these seven Church's may be actual places that John had visited during his life at some time, I think they are also dual prophecy's that could fit any time in which Church's display these attitudes and behavior. " I know your deeds, behold, I have put before you an open door which no man can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept my word, and have not denied my name." This is the Spirit of the true church. But there is another Spirit that rears its head in vs.9.

" Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie". This is the blasphemy here, saying that you are one thing, but you are not. Saying you are Anointed with Gods Spirit, and really you are not. And how many are guilty of doing this? Well, who knows, but they are present in this environment, and have been always present in human history.

So the search for the truth begins with self, not with demons, not with other Church's, not with other people, but with yourself. Are you being honest with God, yourself and with others? It is the head on our own shoulders that matters here, not the seven heads on some beast.

Peace.

squint

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:43:44 AM »
The flesh of men is filled with accusers of mankind in all their multitude, the roaring sea of confusions.

Mickiel

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »

One of the greatest troubles within humanity, is that our spiritual learning has been based on false witness, that is even the root of all deceptions that exist in any group of believers. Our forefathers have just inherited lies, or false witness, Jer.16:19. Even in Gods house itself, or groups called out by God, this has occurred, Jer.23:11, and the seven Church's in Revelations.

When God himself lead a group of humans, they still adhered to False Gods and bore false witness among themselves. A study of ancient Israel will bear this out. God didnot hide this fact, because it was his will that many in these Church's didnot have his Holy Spirit to begin with. And thats why they behaved as they did. Its why their thinking, their belief in things was distorted.

I don't understand why many seem to think that this has changed over the years, as if the church has learned something.

If you presently, or even in the past,  judge a church or a group of believers, or examine them based on the belief that they presently have Gods Spirit, or that they held it in the past, each one of them, then there is something very wrong with the reality of human history. But if you judge them based on the belief that they didnot have Gods Spirit, as Israel didnot, then human history will bear this out. And thats why the church of God has not been relevant since Jesus left. The Light of Gods Spirit in a group cannot be hid, it will stand out. This is what Jesus taught about his church in Matt.5:13-16. He compared his church to a city on a hill, its just going to stand out for everyone to see. Where has such a people been since Christ, or where is such a real group of Holy Spirit led people that fits this description? Where is that city that cannot be hid? Is it hidden ed on an unpopular website, or in some disguised city on earth like Petra?

What makes sense to me is that there is no such group, no, not yet. And that explains the reality of the situation, the reality of Scripture, much more clearly to me. Now if one would judge people based on what they could be in the near future, the potential of that, then yes, that would be a true witness to me. But the " Spirit of being Kings before our time", I think haunts the reality that some refuse to intake. Now must be the Day of Salvation, Now must be the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, Now must be the ignition of Gods plan, Now must be the stage that we are in. Now! Not later, Now!

I think theres something wrong with that, because you see, unless God Builds the house, then the work is just in vain. You may not think its in vain, but it is. If I build the foundation, or You supply the building blocks, you think God will give the increase? You can pick and choose any church example that you wish, where is the proof of God building a church in this age, or any time past since Christ? So where is the church that Jesus built? Well, I don't think he has finished building it. What Jesus finished was the glory of humanity's Salvation, now that is finished. Hes not finished with the Devil. Hes not finished with all flesh. Hes not finished with the creation of humanity, people are still being created each and every day. And hes certainly not finished with his church. And this is not a false witness.

The future of humanity is based on many things, one of which is the Giving of Gods most Holy Spirit, and I think men have jumped the gun on that. Just taken the Kingdom by force of their own will and violently claim to be holders of Gods Spirit.

And that is the missing link in understanding, I really believe that. We are judging ourselves as if we have already obtained. We apply the Scriptures as if the Holy Spirit has been applied already within our lives.

How can one board a train that has not come yet? If the group is not going anywhere, doesn't that tell you something? If the harvest is still plentiful, doesn't that show what season we are in? If the hunger and thirst for righteousness still greatly abounds, does not that mean something? If the weakness and the pain and suffering is growing, that MEANS something.

And the Witness must be built on truth if it is to be blessed by God.

Peace.